• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hill or Bount?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My RB1 is Shady...made the egregious mistake of starting Tre Mason, so I'm forced to choose between Jeremy Hill or LeGarrette Blount at Flex.

Hill is supposedly the starter against the Browns at home, whose D has been much better in the Dawg Pound. Chances are it could be a run game matchup. Cleveland totally embarrassed Cinci a few weeks back.

Blount is the ultimate crapshoot; home against a bad Miami run D. Unfortunately, you never know what BB (aka: The Genius) has in mind.

Who do you start?

Logic says Hill...but oh, those potential goal line scores for Blount...:whistle:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've said everything I would say. Unfortunately, it's a gut call. I really can't say what I'd do if I was in your position.

Gun to my head right now? ....Blount

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also forgot to mention Hill shooting off his big mouth after the first game about how the Browns are nothing special and not that good.

Why can't these guys learn to shaddup???

That actually might sway me...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That actually may sway me back towards Benjamin or Stills.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete coin flip, both are RB2/3 with low end RB1 potential if they get enough touches/scores.

Just to play devil's advocate, I'll say Jeremy Hill. I think Hue was serious about getting the ball to 1 RB consistently in order to find a rhythm. I also think that Johnny F'ing Football will give Cincy short yardage 1-2 times this weekend, which should be followed up with some pounding it in by Hill.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look under the Hoodie for answers. Tough call. I go Hill but you know either choice Hoodie will get ya

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also forgot to mention Hill shooting off his big mouth after the first game about how the Browns are nothing special and not that good.

Why can't these guys learn to shaddup???

That actually might sway me...

Chef-

The Browns held Hill to 55 yards in Cincy and then he bad-mouthed them after the game. Then we have Marvin Lewis' "midget" comment about Manziel. The Browns have all this stuff up on the bulletin board, it's a home game for them and it's Manziel's first NFL start. You throw in the fact the Browns need to win out and get help in order to earn a playoff spot (and yes they still have a chance) and I say they will be pretty pumped up this week with the Dawg Pound a-rockin'.

Don't start Hill.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, Id go Blount.

Just see the opportunity for TDs as better than Hill having a good day with or without a TD. As has been said, this is mostly a gut call.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami's D the last 5 games is giving up an average of 5.5 yards per carry. Blount

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wwkd? It's playoffs need sure things

I don't necessarily agree. I think the favorite should always play it safe or start the sure thing. But if you are the underdog you need to throw in some upside guys. And right now chef is probably the underdog considering he got less than 5 points from tre mason. If I was him i would start whoever he thinks has the highest ceiling in all of his coin toss decisions.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, guys; I'll figure it out by Saturday night...

Just to make Smitty (my opponent) happy, I might start DJax. ;)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chef-

The Browns held Hill to 55 yards in Cincy and then he bad-mouthed them after the game. Then we have Marvin Lewis' "midget" comment about Manziel. The Browns have all this stuff up on the bulletin board, it's a home game for them and it's Manziel's first NFL start. You throw in the fact the Browns need to win out and get help in order to earn a playoff spot (and yes they still have a chance) and I say they will be pretty pumped up this week with the Dawg Pound a-rockin'.

Don't start Hill.

Duff, Hill killed me in that week and while I blame Dalton, my jaw dropped when I read Hill's comments. Then he went and did it again a day or two later. That has been weighing on my mind (didn't even think about Lewis' comment) and the fact that the Browns are just a much tougher team at home.

Yeah, I've gotta think about this.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chef, so what you're asking is should I start Hill (who will get the start and lion's share of the carries if you believe Hue Jackson), or Blount (who may or may not see significant carries, depending upon the whims of a narcissistic head coach).

Can you read through my sarcasm? If not - Hill.

I also like Hill given the fact that Cincy doesn't have as many weapons as the Pats. So scoring chances are in Hill's favor compared to Blount's who has to fight Gronk, LaFell, Gray and Wright. And who knows, just when you think you have the Patriots figured out, Amendola has a career day.

But I hate giving advice. You may want to go Opposite George.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily agree. I think the favorite should always play it safe or start the sure thing. But if you are the underdog you need to throw in some upside guys. And right now chef is probably the underdog considering he got less than 5 points from tre mason. If I was him i would start whoever he thinks has the highest ceiling in all of his coin toss decisions.

agreed, just wish kramer would weigh in

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed, just wish kramer would weigh in

I'm pretty sure he would ask me why on earth I am even considering starting Blount over Hill. And he may be right. :noidea:

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Chef. Hope you started Hill and didn't heed my advice. I bow my head in shame. Oh well, I guess you can't trust a Browns fan until they have a real team that can actually compete weekly instead of the Jekyll and Hyde crap they keep doing.

Again, sorry. :L

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure he would ask me why on earth I am even considering starting Blount over Hill. And he may be right. :noidea:

Turns out he would be, but Kramer is the last person I'd go to for unbiased advice.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Chef. Hope you started Hill and didn't heed my advice. I bow my head in shame. Oh well, I guess you can't trust a Browns fan until they have a real team that can actually compete weekly instead of the Jekyll and Hyde crap they keep doing.

Again, sorry. :L

No worries Duff, I ended up starting Hill in the 3 leagues I have him...but I thought you had really legitimate points. :suds:

And I must thank Joe for being the logical one...not that crazy Opposite George! :clap:

giphy.gif

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries Duff, I ended up starting Hill in the 3 leagues I have him...but I thought you had really legitimate points.
occasion14.gif

They would have been legitimate points if we were talking about any other team and not my crappy Browns. Man they took a beating today and Johnny Football led them to an amazing 107 yards of total offense. Geez!!!

Glad you started Hill despite my lunacy of believing in the Browns.

:suds: