• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Twist

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aren't you the one that informed us we have to use 85% of the cap or something like that?

If that was you. How can the raiders be under the cap by 61 mil. dollars? Wouldn't that not be legal? Or am I misunderstanding something?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aren't you the one that informed us we have to use 85% of the cap or something like that?

If that was you. How can the raiders be under the cap by 61 mil. dollars? Wouldn't that not be legal? Or am I misunderstanding something?

They have to spend it ........

Wonder why Tampa Bay takes on huge contracts?

When the Cowboys and Skins got fined .... We went over

Tampa went under .... WORSE than both of us ..... and got no fine...

To make up for it .... They buy players like Revis ( and Jackson) .... to fill that void.

Raiders will have to do the same thing

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To make up for it .... They buy players like Revis .... to fill that void.

so then they were legal last season?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so then they were legal last season?

I kinda just keep up with the Cowboys......

I do know last year they had over paid guys like Seymour on the roster.... That arent on this roster this coming year......

Just that one name is 10+ million
Plus they had the cap hit from cutting Russell ....

Raiders are a fucked up club ..........

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They over pay ....

Then they will cut the next year ......

Id fry my brain trying to be a fan of that team

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda just keep up with the Cowboys......

I do know last year they had over paid guys like Seymour on the roster.... That arent on this roster this coming year......

Just that one name is 10+ million
Plus they had the cap hit from cutting Russell ....

Raiders are a fucked up club ..........

And we aren't? Wow.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your brain is already wfyre before you came a Cowboy fan. :laugh3:

See bitch when you shut the fuck up .... I got no comments for you

What the fuck is about me ...... That you have this drug addict need to get my attention?

You know what ..... Imma end it.... Im gonna do you like I did Eriko ...... Just block you

and so should everyone else

When it comes to football talk...... You're fucking useless

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the fuck is about me ...... That you have this drug addict need to get my attention?

You know what ..... Imma end it.... Im gonna do you like I did Eriko ...... Just block you

O.k. This is coming from the great twist who said B. Carter would be a stud this past year. Some football knowledge and insight you have there, lol.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its not in your DNA. You can't help yourself. You have the will power of a camel in heat.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
much better ..... no more BJJ

This is how Eriko left.........

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To make up for it .... They buy players like Revis ( and Jackson) .... to fill that void.

This is actually where having an owner who's willing to spend money like Jerry could be a tremendous advantage, if he ever got his cap under control. If your squad were $30-$40 million under the cap, you could resign all your good young players a year before they hit FA. But instead of giving them a huge signing bonus, which would have to be prorated as dead money over the remainder of the deal, you could simply give them a huge first year salary, and actually lower your cap figure in the future as the player got older. An example would be T.Smith. Just using a hypothetical number, lets say Dallas wanted to resign him for 5 years/$50 million. They would probably give him a $10 million signing bonus, but instead of paying him $8 million for each years salary, they'd probably give him a first year salary of $2 million, making the first year cap hit $4 million, meaning after year one we still owe him $38 million for 4 years, but cap wise, $46 million for 4 years, $11.5/year. If you had the space under the cap, the same $12 million you gave him in year one($2 million salary plus $10 million SB) could just be his first year salary, meaning your cap hit for the next four years would be $9.5 million a year instead of $11.5 million

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead money counts against the Cap so this past year Oakland because of so many bad contracts pretty much had to have a year where they couldn't hardly sign anybody and cut some of their biggest contracts. Because of this they had $49 million in dead money. This is money that is paid out to the players even though they are not on the team so Oakland still had to spend the money they just didn't actually have the players on the field. That then allowed them this year to have a huge amount of cap space. Pretty much it boiled down to Oakland's ownership kept pushing contracts back to the point at some point they all had to count against the Cap and Oakland just decided to forfeit one season pretty much so that they could get back on the right track.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead money counts against the Cap so this past year Oakland because of so many bad contracts pretty much had to have a year where they couldn't hardly sign anybody and cut some of their biggest contracts. Because of this they had $49 million in dead money. This is money that is paid out to the players even though they are not on the team so Oakland still had to spend the money they just didn't actually have the players on the field. That then allowed them this year to have a huge amount of cap space. Pretty much it boiled down to Oakland's ownership kept pushing contracts back to the point at some point they all had to count against the Cap and Oakland just decided to forfeit one season pretty much so that they could get back on the right track.

Exactly. The Cowboys are eventually gonna have to do the same thing

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The Cowboys are eventually gonna have to do the same thing

This is why dynasties are just about impossible anymore in the NFL. A team would have to draft well almost every single year for 10 years straight to get an actual dynasty going. That is almost impossible to do these days so the day of the dynasty is dead. Now it is about building your team to have the 2-3 year window to get the Super Bowl.

You are right Cowboys seem to be in that position now where they might have to start dumping some productive players like D. Ware and others just to get back under the Cap. Might just be better to scrap a season if that is the way the Cowboys end up having to go so that they don't just keep having year after year of mediocrity because they can't get the cap under control.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why dynasties are just about impossible anymore in the NFL. A team would have to draft well almost every single year for 10 years straight to get an actual dynasty going. That is almost impossible to do these days so the day of the dynasty is dead. Now it is about building your team to have the 2-3 year window to get the Super Bowl.

You are right Cowboys seem to be in that position now where they might have to start dumping some productive players like D. Ware and others just to get back under the Cap. Might just be better to scrap a season if that is the way the Cowboys end up having to go so that they don't just keep having year after year of mediocrity because they can't get the cap under control.

It's going to be interesting to see what Jerry does with Ware. Ware is on record as saying he would gladly rework his deal to clear space, but would not take a pay cut. If that's the case, the Cowboys would be staring at an even bigger cap figure in the future for Ware, when they have good young players like TSmith, Dez and Murray coming up for new deals. I think if Ware won't accept a paycut, the Cowboys have no choice but to cut him. The problem is, if they release Ware, in a year when they are losing Hatcher as well as Spencer, it would mean going through a rebuilding year in one of Romo's final remaining prime years. It's a tough call

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be interesting to see what Jerry does with Ware. Ware is on record as saying he would gladly rework his deal to clear space, but would not take a pay cut. If that's the case, the Cowboys would be staring at an even bigger cap figure in the future for Ware, when they have good young players like TSmith, Dez and Murray coming up for new deals. I think if Ware won't accept a paycut, the Cowboys have no choice but to cut him. The problem is, if they release Ware, in a year when they are losing Hatcher as well as Spencer, it would mean going through a rebuilding year in one of Romo's final remaining prime years. It's a tough call

Yeah not sure what the answer would be. I agree pushing that money back further just pushes the problem to another year where you might have one of the bigger young stars up for resigning making it almost impossible. This is why teams have to have a focus towards the here and now but also figuring out 3 years in advance where the team might be as well.

IF I were Jerry I think right now I would try to keep Ware but not alter his contract. Make some more moves to get under the cap then focus on the draft as much as possible to try and build through it. It probably means another 8-8 or so type season but it doesn't compound the problem to a later date and if you have a good draft gives the team a chance to hopefully build for the future. I would say focus the draft mostly on the defense and just hope those rookies develop quickly.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not sure what the answer would be. I agree pushing that money back further just pushes the problem to another year where you might have one of the bigger young stars up for resigning making it almost impossible. This is why teams have to have a focus towards the here and now but also figuring out 3 years in advance where the team might be as well.

IF I were Jerry I think right now I would try to keep Ware but not alter his contract. Make some more moves to get under the cap then focus on the draft as much as possible to try and build through it. It probably means another 8-8 or so type season but it doesn't compound the problem to a later date and if you have a good draft gives the team a chance to hopefully build for the future. I would say focus the draft mostly on the defense and just hope those rookies develop quickly.

That's the issue though. The Cowboys can't get under the cap without reworking Ware. It's really either push money back or release