• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Texas how's that Tom Herman hire working out!!!

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so goddammed pissed after that Tech game, I gave up on all football. Ruined my friggin Thanksgiving. Plus, I had poison oak picked up I guess off my dogs, on my face and eyelid. EYELID YOU BELIEVE THAT SHIT!

Fucking misery. Horns sucked ass, I was in pain and misery, and I forgot my pickems. FUCK ME.

Dayum that sucks. Sometimes it just isn't your day
200w.webp

However, when I was looking for a gif for bad luck, some how this came up in the search results....
200.webp

I would call that a good sign.:suds:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Texas wins their Bowl Game, Herman will have the same amount of wins that Bob Stoops did in his first year.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in a year or two Texas will be really good again, Tom Herman is going to make that happen. It may take Matt Rhule a bit longer at Baylor but, Matt Rhule turned Temple around fairly quickly. In the next five years the Big 12 is going to be deep as far as competition goes.

How much longer will the class act in Bill Snyder be around? Unless they prmote from within like OKlahoma did I am guessing at least another year.

Was Iowa State a fluke this year or is Matt Campbell legit?

Either way, I see the Big 12 getting much better in the next few years.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in a year or two Texas will be really good again, Tom Herman is going to make that happen. It may take Matt Rhule a bit longer at Baylor but, Matt Rhule turned Temple around fairly quickly. In the next five years the Big 12 is going to be deep as far as competition goes.

How much longer will the class act in Bill Snyder be around? Unless they prmote from within like OKlahoma did I am guessing at least another year.

I think Campbell is the real deal. But that's a tough gig.
Rhule kept his players engaged, so that's hope for them.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They'll go hard after Venebles when Snyder dies on the field cause he ain't leaving

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll go hard after Venebles when Snyder dies on the field cause he ain't leaving

If they are smart they will do like Bob did, recruit and train your replacement. I find it interesting in all the coaching carousel stories you see all over the place they missed the big story. Bob Stoops recruiting his successor, training him and then handing over the reins of a successful program in a seamless transfer of leadership. I would also add that the Oklahoma administration deserves kudos for thier part in this as well.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are smart they will do like Bob did, recruit and train your replacement.

Well they are.
Bill Snyder wants his son to take over the program and has been on staff for 20 years.

Nobody else seems to want that to happen. :pound:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they are.
Bill Snyder wants his son to take over the program and has been on staff for 20 years.

Nobody else seems to want that to happen. :pound:

It is a tough deal. KSU wants Venables, an alum. Leavitt has been mentioned also, he coaches there. Snyder wants his kid. I like Snyder, but either of those guys are a huge upgrade on paper to his son.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it might be time to re-visit this question.

th

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears to be working out better than the Mike Riley hire.

Just barely.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drop Tim Beck. He is just bad. Make him a recruiting coordinator or something but get him off the sideline

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How important is it again, to bring in a guy with Head Coaching experience???

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Herman might be the new Jim Harbaugh - about a 4 year shelf life before he has everyone at the place completely pissed off at him. Except, Harbuagh usually produces a few good (not great) season during that four-year span.

Then again, I guess that would make Herman the new Lane Kiffin.