• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey SEC schools

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you ought to leave it up to the coaches themselves to decide where they want to coach?

:noidea:
Where did I stay they couldn't? Looking......Nowhere. I like these coaches and want them to stay. That plain and simple.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I stay they couldn't? Looking......Nowhere. I like these coaches and want them to stay. That plain and simple.
Well start sucking for 7 years and no one will want your coaches. Just ask Michigan. They had their first coach poached in damn near a decade.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well start sucking for 7 years and no one will want your coaches. Just ask Michigan. They had their first coach poached in damn near a decade.
Lost decade. Been there and done that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Stop trying to poach FSU coaches... Find your own "diamonds in the rough".

Sounds like you aren't interested in anyone else showing them opportunities outside of FSU. If someone comes in and offers them something, it's up to the coach whether or not he wants to go. It sounds wimpy to tell other schools to not look at them. OSU's been picked apart for two years in a row, big deal? If there's a better position, go for it. If you decide you want to stay at OSU, awesome. Not angry at other schools for looking at our guys. If anything, it's a compliment to Urban that he's done this great of a job bringing along his assistants.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Stop trying to poach FSU coaches... Find your own "diamonds in the rough".

Sounds like you aren't interested in anyone else showing them opportunities outside of FSU. If someone comes in and offers them something, it's up to the coach whether or not he wants to go. It sounds wimpy to tell other schools to not look at them. OSU's been picked apart for two years in a row, big deal? If there's a better position, go for it. If you decide you want to stay at OSU, awesome. Not angry at other schools for looking at our guys. If anything, it's a compliment to Urban that he's done this great of a job bringing along his assistants.
That doesn't mean I don't want coaches to take opportunities if given. I just don't want then offered by teams who trash talk FSU on the recruiting trail.

FSU since Fisher has been the HC has had 7 coaches leave. I don't begrudge then for taking the opportunity. You are reading way too much into this. Like way too much.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't mean I don't want coaches to take opportunities if given. I just don't want then offered by teams who trash talk FSU on the recruiting trail.

FSU since Fisher has been the HC has had 7 coaches leave. I don't begrudge then for taking the opportunity. You are reading way too much into this. Like way too much.
Doesn't every team get trash-talked to some degree on the recruiting trail? I guess I don't see the big deal. Not enough to start a thread at least.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see. Kelly spent 1 yr as a coach at Auburn and played there. He spent the last 9 yrs in the ACC. FSU got him from GT not the SEC.

Jimbo spent 8 yrs in the SEC. Can't say FSU poached him when LSU took Miles over him. Open market purchase not a poach. And he has spent more time with the Bowden's at Samford, Cincy, and FSU than his 8 yrs in the SEC. 8 yrs at FSU alone.

Lawing was an open market purchase after Champ was shit canned at UF. FSU didn't go after him like the others I listed. But y'all keep thinking that. Shows how little you know of FSU hires and coaches who have been poached or teams have tried to poach.

Fisher had already been Les Miles offensive coordinator for 2 seasons when FSU hired him. For a lateral move at that with a head coach in waiting tag. I don't see how that isn't a poach...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher had already been Les Miles offensive coordinator for 2 seasons when FSU hired him. For a lateral move at that with a head coach in waiting tag. I don't see how that isn't a poach...
Because ACC

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some points you must not be aware of.
1. Fisher interviewed for the HC job at UAB which was denied by the Board of Trustees which also oversees Tuscaloosa.
2. Then Nick Saban tried to get him to go to Alabama.
3. Not until those two things took place was Fisher offered the job at FSU. Which two days before he was hired Bobby Bowden stated that they were not going to continue to pursue him.

So with the timeline established. Tell me it was a poaching.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't every team get trash-talked to some degree on the recruiting trail? I guess I don't see the big deal. Not enough to start a thread at least.
To an extent. Not the extent that has happened these last two years. Just amazing that Pruitt would talk trash about the university that gave him his first chance to be a DC. But I guess I understand considering he left not of his own doing. Had he been able to keep his dick in his pants his fiance wouldn't have given him that ultimatum.

And you missed the point of my thread. It was all in fun for me. Just to ruffle some feathers.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some points you must not be aware of.
1. Fisher interviewed for the HC job at UAB which was denied by the Board of Trustees which also oversees Tuscaloosa.
2. Then Nick Saban tried to get him to go to Alabama.
3. Not until those two things took place was Fisher offered the job at FSU. Which two days before he was hired Bobby Bowden stated that they were not going to continue to pursue him.

So with the timeline established. Tell me it was a poaching.

So did Bobby Bowden pursue him or not when he was under contract with LSU? This really isn't all that complicated and a successful program just has to deal with this shit. No big deal really.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To an extent. Not the extent that has happened these last two years. Just amazing that Pruitt would talk trash about the university that gave him his first chance to be a DC. But I guess I understand considering he left not of his own doing. Had he been able to keep his dick in his pants his fiance wouldn't have given him that ultimatum.

And you missed the point of my thread. It was all in fun for me. Just to ruffle some feathers.
Haha, what happened with Pruitt? Hadn't heard anything about him.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now UGA is trying to get Tim Brewster from FSU. Damn.
Richt was a FSU guy before UGA hired him too. Maybe they really like that coaching tree.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richt was a FSU guy before UGA hired him too. Maybe they really like that coaching tree.
Yep he was. Wasn't upset about that one at all. He was at FSU for 13 yrs total. 3 as a GA. But now it's being reported they aren't going after Brewster.