• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

hey jed- any baseball news?

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i know the scores, but as you probably already figured out, i've been out of commission for over a week. i guess we're the only ones caring about the only active real sport right now.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things... Baseball is still in the preseason (not active) and hockey which is heading into the playoffs soon, is much more "real" than baseball is. As far as any baseball news, the Pirates still suck.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have a hockey team?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, hockey is a joke of a so-called sport. Nebraska will never and should never get that stupid sport.

Back to talking about actual sports that are on the radar.

Vinnie, I know that much of our problems that have been talked about has been the bullpen. I am looking at something else. Nebraska has scored 154 runs on the season which is an average of 7 runs per game. That is not bad. If you take out the 9 games involving good teams we have played, Rice, UCLA, Texas, and Oklahoma we have scored 127 runs on the season for an average of 9.76 runs per game. That means that we are averaging 3 runs per game against the good teams we have played. That just isn't going to cut it. Texas is Texas, Oklahoma is ranked 12th, UCLA is still undefeated, and Rice just this week dropped out of the rankings but they are still Rice. So of the quality teams we have played they are REALLY good but we just are not getting it done against those teams right now.

I said that the team last year was young and going to go through some problems which they obviously did. This year's team, I believe, is getting closer. Last year we struggled against everyone, both good and bad. This year we are still struggling against the good teams, but staying competitive. A couple of those scores against good teams may look like blowouts but they are mostly due to one big inning that we give up. But the difference from last year is that we are beating up on the teams that we are supposed to beat up on. We are still really young but I like the strides so far. The good thing is that we are getting the best teams from our conference out of the way right away.

The constant bright spot has been Adam Bailey. He has been on absolute fire. He is batting .423 with 7 HRs, 29 RBI, 23 runs scored, and 8 doubles in the 22 games.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the University of Nebraska were to put together a hockey program they would have to add a couple more female sports in order to meet Title 9 requirements. So it's not likely to happen anyway.

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
thanks for the update jed.

today's game will be the first game this week i'll be tuning in to. that's how much out of commission i was. yuck! enough with the bad week. let's move on.

i concur- no hockey at nebraska EVER!

i'm not sure if the mods are cowards- they seem to be more bipolar. a few of the old people who disagreed with me from the other board were up to their old flagging attempts and the mods here put an immediate stop to it.

for right now- the mods are not my enemies. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[YOUTUBE]DGs41-o_Zvk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator: