• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Boston Herald: Try some fact checking...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read this in an article about Danny Woodhead published by the Herald....

"There weren't many negative things said about Woodhead in 2011, when the Patriots took an unbeaten record into the Super Bowl. He had seven carries for 18 yards and caught four passes for 42 yards and a touchdown, but the Patriots lost to the New York Giants."

I didn't realize the Pats had two unbeaten regular seasons...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"There weren't many negative things said about Woodhead in 2011, when the Patriots took an unbeaten record into the Super Bowl. He had seven carries for 18 yards and caught four passes for 42 yards and a touchdown, but the Patriots lost to the New York Giants."

It really is amazing what passes for quality news these days. Most newspapers/major media groups have let go of their long-time writers and have settled for just hiring the cheapest option to help save money. Well as the saying goes "you get what you pay for."

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Media, mehhh Hate them

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is amazing what passes for quality news these days. Most newspapers/major media groups have let go of their long-time writers and have settled for just hiring the cheapest option to help save money. Well as the saying goes "you get what you pay for."

Mistakes are easy when you are in a hurry too throw crap out there.
The difference these days is nobody is using an editor. Spell check and click send.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to a newspaper editor on TV today. He said that the biggest problem in any media is the incredible drive to be first with anything. He said that he is often bypassed because his paper wants to be first by putting an article into their online newspaper.

He said that mistakes are mad in nearly every non edited article. He says he generally gets bypassed because he wants every source of information vetted.

He says that within the next several years, everyone will be vetting sources and slowing down. He laughed and pretty much put it out there that the law suits are killing both the reliability of quality news and the bottom line.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No such thing as fact checking in modern journalism. They assume you're as dumb as they are lazy and dishonest.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick - Who can get the story out first... We don't care if is accurate or not!

14364643.gif