• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here we come.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if I will be banned for starting this thread but so be it if that is the case.
I am curious what this board thinks of their chances this week. There has been lots of talk nationally about our Seahawks and do you think it is a bunch of BS?
I think this will be one of those "in the trenches " games.
Overall, I like our chances.
I ask you southern gents, what is your take on this game?

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the trolling begins.

My take, Carolina is going to win.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle D line is beat up, Irvin is out for first 4 so where is the pass rush? i never have been big on Cliff Avril so good luck thier. Seattle habitually stuggles away, and i maybe being a Panther homer here but Seattle's WR without Harvin do not scare me at all.

i will take Carolina 24-20.

i believe it will be a good game

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watch our offense not show up at all because i said all that :/

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle D line is beat up, Irvin is out for first 4 so where is the pass rush? i never have been big on Cliff Avril so good luck thier. Seattle habitually stuggles away, and i maybe being a Panther homer here but Seattle's WR without Harvin do not scare me at all.

i will take Carolina 24-20.

i believe it will be a good game
pantherfan, you make good points and know a bit of this weeks competition.
Our pass rush is in question. Schofield (an Arizona castoff) should get the start at our "Leo" position. That is our main pass rush position. His backup is Mayowa an UDFA Rookie. So we do have a big question at that spot with Clem being out. In passing downs, Bennett will sub for Red Bryant so Bennett will pass rush from the LDE spot. Another newbie to our team so we will have to wait and see how that plays out.
Yes, we are known to have difficulty on the road but PC is slowly creating a mindset with the players to combat that. We won our last 3 road games last year including a playoff game and barely lost out in the divisional round in Atlanta. Your team will be a great barometer to see if we have improved our road woes.
I like our WR's and think they have slowly become a strength because we are 5 deep and cut a decent prospect in 4th round pick Harper cuz he was well behind the top 5.

A major strength on your team is the front defensive 7. I think we will give the ball to Marshawn a lot to try to establish the run. If we can, your team will be in trouble.
Any thoughts on that?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think you will run on us easily to be honest, you have a good O-line but they are for the most part not dominant. i believe our interior is twice as good this year as it was last year so Lynch will not have all those running lanes to run through. your Wr's are good just not top level, your team is deep there but mostly number 2 and 3 type recievers which is not a bad thing its good but i like our corners against WR like that.

only concern i have is if Carolina's interior O-line continue to struggle and we cannot run the ball effectively, that will make carolina have to go after your secondary which is the strength of your defense. if we can establish the run early Greg Olson will eat your LB for lunch because they are not great in coverage but are more run based LB's.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think you will run on us easily to be honest, you have a good O-line but they are for the most part not dominant. i believe our interior is twice as good this year as it was last year so Lynch will not have all those running lanes to run through. your Wr's are good just not top level, your team is deep there but mostly number 2 and 3 type recievers which is not a bad thing its good but i like our corners against WR like that.

only concern i have is if Carolina's interior O-line continue to struggle and we cannot run the ball effectively, that will make carolina have to go after your secondary which is the strength of your defense. if we can establish the run early Greg Olson will eat your LB for lunch because they are not great in coverage but are more run based LB's.

This game will be a good test for both of our ball clubs.
Here's to rooting for no injuries and a clean game with little laundry from the refs.
May the best team win!

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now, all signs point to Tolbert being ready for this game. That should help our blocking and short yardage game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, Tolbert is a load but the cats will be going up against last years #1 D in points allowed. Even though it was preseason, we were #1 in points allowed thru the just completed 4 game PS.
I predict your team will struggle to score 14 points against us, same as last year.
My guess is Seattle 24-Carolina 13.
I am not trying to stir things, the prediction is IMO only and I have been wrong more times than I can count.
BTW, Vegas O/U line is 45. I pick the under in this contest.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your depleated dline will give Carolina more oppertunities than it did last year. 13 is underestimating

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your depleated dline will give Carolina more oppertunities than it did last year. 13 is underestimating

A good argument, but if we are basing our talk comparing last year, our QB is leaps and bounds more advanced than he was when we last met. He is our game changer.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only concern i have is if Carolina's interior O-line continue to struggle and we cannot run the ball effectively...

Seems to me that a struggling Panther O-line and a depleted Seahawk D-line are probably going to be a wash. This game will come down to how well the Panther D plays as a whole. Seattle will not give up many points, but can the Panther D keep the Hawks from scoring more points than they give up?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that a struggling Panther O-line and a depleted Seahawk D-line are probably going to be a wash. This game will come down to how well the Panther D plays as a whole. Seattle will not give up many points, but can the Panther D keep the Hawks from scoring more points than they give up?

that is basically what i was saying just alot more words. i believe if they are a wash than Cam will have more time to throw the ball and make a few plays. which he didnt have last year.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin had 2 sacks in the game last year, and generally terrorized our O.
Panthers have to get some pressure on Wilson, and get him down when they get to him. He can buy a lot of time with his feet.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
The biggest difference in the Panthers this year is their D line. They should be able to get pressure on Wilson without having to rely on the blitz too much and will keep the blockers off our some of the best in the league linebackers leaving them free control the gaps and help contain Wilson.
We have a legitimate shot at a win but it will come down to our o line doing their job