• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here Comes the Boom of Suspensions

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you could be right,. I just think with how determined and angry MLB is with this, they will go hard after all the players they can.

If this played into their "sentences" last year, they will not be ABLE to throw the book at them again. They have already been punished for this activity.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am curious to see how they will handle the players that have been or are currently suspended.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Brewers fan thought Ryan Braun was innocent after his 2011 incident.

But being on a pay list with A-Rod and Melky that came out burst my faith bubble.

Lucky the Brewers are cellar dwellers in 2013 and Melvin should of gave the 20 million to Prince Feilder to stay and let Braun walk after his contract was up.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But being on a pay list with A-Rod and Melky that came out burst my faith bubble.

Lucky the Brewers are cellar dwellers in 2013 and Melvin should of gave the 20 million to Prince Feilder to stay and let Braun walk after his contract was up.

Giants fans including myself were talking about potential replacements for Lincecum. Do you think Milwaukee could end up exploring trading away Yovani to rebuild? If so, what do you think his price would be as in what type of prospects

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants fans including myself were talking about potential replacements for Lincecum. Do you think Milwaukee could end up exploring trading away Yovani to rebuild? If so, what do you think his price would be as in what type of prospects

GPC, that is a pipe-dream.

The Gs do not have any top-flight prospects above A+. That's why we were talking about Lee/Peavey/JJ/etc...

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GPC, that is a pipe-dream.

The Gs do not have any top-flight prospects above A+. That's why we were talking about Lee/Peavey/JJ/etc...

I still think Lee could cost major prospects even if the other team eats salaries. Yes Yovani is a dream, just curious though on how Brewers fans feel about him.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF???

English as a second language?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF???

English as a second language?

Timmeh needs to not get rocked.

Hitters need to let JJ hurt himself. No better way to help a guy get back into the groove than to allow him to get through 3 IP on 20 pitches.

I will see you the usage of improper grammar, and raise you a split infinitive.

:fencing:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will see you the usage of improper grammar, and raise you a split infinitive.

:fencing:

Hey!!

I was just sitting here minding my own business...

Besides, if you do not think the wording fit the tone of the post, than F you...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it. The more of this we see, the more everyone else has to ST#U about Barry Bonds.

And it's good to see MLB do the right things here. As a fan, I'm quite pleased to see how this whole PED issue is resolving.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't notice a link. One from ESPN.com :

ESPN MLB seeks to suspend A-Rod, Braun

More detailed, better link at Grantland:
The Murky Waters of MLB's Latest Steroid Case - The Triangle Blog - Grantland

An excerpt:

Overall, it appears that this investigation is an overzealous reaction to all that has happened before. Fifteen, 20 years ago, the league and mainstream media were both content to let players smash home runs and fire 97-mph fastballs while said players consumed performance-enhancing substances; the league hadn't properly codified which substances were allowed and which ones were not, while the media wrote fawning profiles of players who were later found to have used. No one likes to get duped, especially publicly. So we got an onslaught of hysterical articles slamming the league and its players for the spread of PED use. And now we have a league determined to beat back any criticism of its policies, even if it means suspending minor leaguers with flimsy evidence because they can't defend themselves, firing arbitrators for making honest decisions with which the league didn't agree, and building cases based largely on the testimony of a broke alleged drug dealer.

All of this reads like a man who seems determined to change his legacy from being the commissioner under whom everybody took steroids to the commissioner who cleaned up baseball. Which would be ironic, considering Bud Selig's accomplishments actually look pretty damn good in other areas, all things considered. Baseball's total revenues are expected to hit $9 billion next year. We've seen a gigantic boom in franchise fees and TV revenue, with many owners also securing sweetheart deals from local governments for pretty, new stadiums (a morally distasteful tack, maybe, but one that certainly benefits the sport's financial health). Baseball has parity, it has exciting, new superstars swimming into our lives seemingly every other day, and it has fans who are supporting all of it. But instead of talking about all the great baseball being played on the field, we're heading back to more public hand-wringing over what's happening off it — not necessarily with just cause.

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it. The more of this we see, the more everyone else has to ST#U about Barry Bonds.

And it's good to see MLB do the right things here. As a fan, I'm quite pleased to see how this whole PED issue is resolving.

Man that's some Mormon-grade self-censorship when you don't even type the 'F' in STFU, you use a # instead...

Reminds me of how Kenneth on '30 Rock' won't drink hot coffee because "that's the Devil's temperature!"

:heh:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that's some Mormon-grade self-censorship when you don't even type the 'F' in STFU, you use a # instead...

Reminds me of how Kenneth on '30 Rock' won't drink hot coffee because "that's the Devil's temperature!"

:heh:

Well, clearly Kenneth was no Mormon.

Besides, maybe I didn't have an "F" in mind. Maybe an "H".

Just doing my part to keep it family-friendly. Don't want Google's jack-booted thugs kicking down my door. I have enough trouble with the IRS...

:omg:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, clearly Kenneth was no Mormon.

Besides, maybe I didn't have an "F" in mind. Maybe an "H".

Just doing my part to keep it family-friendly. Don't want Google's jack-booted thugs kicking down my door. I have enough trouble with the IRS...

:omg:

Fuck Google.

See, it's not so hard to...<knock knock>
Hold on a sec, someone is at my door...
I gotta go.