• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat Model....or Spurs Model?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what guys....I was getting ready to say that Jordan Hill is a little too undersized to play the rim protector role...but sticking with this Spurs thing, he's every bit as big as Tiago Splitter. So I'm gonna agree that he can at the least be servicable.

one of the guys i know said he thought a 6'-10" center was too small, but in this league these days i think it ain't that bad, and let's face it, i've seen shorter players dominate a backboard(Kenneth Fareid at 6'-8" comes to mind), so it could work...

just putting that out there...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what guys....I was getting ready to say that Jordan Hill is a little too undersized to play the rim protector role...but sticking with this Spurs thing, he's every bit as big as Tiago Splitter. So I'm gonna agree that he can at the least be servicable.

I think that he can be better than serviceable, but in today's league, a serviceable center seems to be all a team needs. I agree with your earlier post that the Lakers old tried and true "build around a dominant big" method, just doesn't seem to work anymore.

Seems like the last team to win a title with a dominant big was the Heat in 2006 when they had Shaq and even that was more about D-Wade than Shaq.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the guys i know said he thought a 6'-10" center was too small, but in this league these days i think it ain't that bad, and let's face it, i've seen shorter players dominate a backboard(Kenneth Fareid at 6'-8" comes to mind), so it could work...

just putting that out there...
Very valid points, and I agree with them. Jordan hill also has a decent jumper if I remember correctly. He's a great rebounder, and I'd agree that it could work with him and Pau.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that he can be better than serviceable, but in today's league, a serviceable center seems to be all a team needs. I agree with your earlier post that the Lakers old tried and true "build around a dominant big" method, just doesn't seem to work anymore.

Seems like the last team to win a title with a dominant big was the Heat in 2006 when they had Shaq and even that was more about D-Wade than Shaq.
Yeah, it seems like the greater majority of today's big men are power forwards. Maybe someday, the day of the centers dominating the NBA will return, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.