• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Healthy energy for jiu jitsu

Smirishth

Smirishth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been training for a year and although I am almost 40 I am surprised at how little energy I have had since the weather heated up. Any advice on a natural way to boost my energy levels for rolling?

I appreciate any help here as I LOVE Jiu Jitsu and really want to step up my game and won't take anything that will damage my body or have some sort of side affect.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been training for a year and although I am almost 40 I am surprised at how little energy I have had since the weather heated up. Any advice on a natural way to boost my energy levels for rolling?

I appreciate any help here as I LOVE Jiu Jitsu and really want to step up my game and won't take anything that will damage my body or have some sort of side affect.
Are you taking in plenty of water? Couple of gallons a day will help keep you hydrated. Something that gives me a little energy boost is a small piece of chocolate before and during class. Don't sweat it, if you're rolling that much, you'll burn it off

Smirishth

Smirishth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am drinking gallons of water. I discussed with my bjj coach and After digging into my food intake I am not getting enough carbohydrates. I strength train 2 days a week and swim 3 days on top of my bjj and I also ride 5 miles on a stationary as fast as I can with med to high resistance 3-5 days a week and my diet was not compensating for the carbs needed. As crazy as it sounds I have begun eatin waffles for breakfast instead of trying to eat too lean (egg whites or fat free yogurt) am it has made an instant impact on my energy.

I'll keep you posted and thank you for the response!