• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

He did what?????

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely tragic story but never heard of him or don't recollect. Apparently you have.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mental health is so precious. Our society (including me) train ourselves to look away.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely tragic story but never heard of him or don't recollect. Apparently you have.

I have a great memory when it comes to players, colleges and all that stuff. If only I was that way about math...

It's a really messed up and sad story. So many signs and nobody to help.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This story made me think about an experience I had with a former player on Florida.

Back in the AIM days Avery Atkins a promising Florida player who just finished his FR year and I would chat about football and his hopefulness about playing in the NFL one day. He gave me his number one of the first times we ever spoke so that we could talk over the phone. I called him the first time and he answered but didn't say HELLO. He just sat on the other end. I kept saying hello, then I finally hung up. Thought it was odd. So I called him back an hour later thinking well this guy just told me to call him today to talk and something must be wrong with his phone. Same thing happened. He answers doesn't say a word. I didnt tell him it was me but I figured he say hello so I could tell him.

Few hours later talked to him online again and explained it and he told me he thought I was someone else calling him and apologized... His behavior was just a little odd when I knew him... I always thought he had some enemy he was trying to avoid... He ended up getting booted from Florida for assaulting his gf, spent a year at Bethune-Cookman then was coming back to walk on at Florida (Urban Meyer era, who lets someone walk on after booting them off anyway)? Avery was as happy as I had ever talked to him after he broke the news Florida was gonna give him another shot. Later on that summer he left Florida again and a few weeks later was found dead inside his aunt's garage after an overdose. Everytime I think of that story it bothers me... Seemed like a good guy buyt I could also tell something was coming on with his life.