• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HBO: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ceremonies

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HBO edited it.......and put Bon Jovi last, and the Moody Blues next to last......which wasn't the case.
They also deleted songs.....

The Moody Blues...........
I was really disappointed that John Lodge or Justin Hayward didn't talk about Ray Thomas Or Mike Pinder in their acceptance speeches...geesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......really????
And Mike Pinder was there, but didn't speak........He may have health issues

Also Mark Knopfler didn't show up.....nobody knows why
So Dire Straits didn't perform

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Bon Jovi got in over Judas Priest? Those guys are faggots. What the fuck?!?"

- Rob Halford

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They always edit it. Acceptance speeches run way longer than what they show. Bummer about Knopfler, Dire Straits was really all I am into for this class. Good for him though.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a Bon Jovi fan but I have to admit that what they do, they do very well. I was very impressed with them, from every one of their heartfelt and amusing speeches to what was a tremendous performance. They were easily the highlight of the show and it's clear why they edited it to end with them. Howard Stern was pretty funny introducing them too, but I could have done without him leading a sing-along of one of their songs,

Lauren Hill's performance for Nina Simone was excellent, too, but she just doesn't quite have the voice to pull off some of what's required for a couple of those songs. The rest of the performances were meh.. I have a couple of Moody Blues and Cars albums, but I'm not a huge fan of either. None of the inductees do all that much for me, but it was an entertaining show.

Last edited:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, Bon Jovi isn't actually all THAT bad. They have their share of decent songs. But they are about as generic as it gets.

Judas Priest DEFINES a genre of rock music. For them to not have gotten in 20 years ago is absolutely insane and just shows that people voting on this aren't qualified to do what they're doing.

But everybody with a brain knows this. Basically nobody takes The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame seriously, it's just fun to point out how ridiculous this is considering the idiots running this shit are the only people who DO take it seriously.

Knopfler probably didn't show because he knows this is a joke.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, Bon Jovi isn't actually all THAT bad. They have their share of decent songs. But they are about as generic as it gets.

Judas Priest DEFINES a genre of rock music. For them to not have gotten in 20 years ago is absolutely insane and just shows that people voting on this aren't qualified to do what they're doing.

But everybody with a brain knows this. Basically nobody takes The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame seriously, it's just fun to point out how ridiculous this is considering the idiots running this shit are the only people who DO take it seriously.

Knopfler probably didn't show because he knows this is a joke.

Bon Jovi was always rock & roll for kids to me and I wasn't a kid when they became popular so.. Their hits are catchy as hell, though, and they're real pros as their performance showed.

It's pretty clear the R&R HOF is biased against certain genres. Metal & Progressive groups need not apply. Those are not my favorite genres either but considering some of the artists they've inducted, it's ridiculous to exclude accomplished, extremely successful groups just because Jann Wenner doesn't like their music.

The Moody Blues had been eligible for 27 years. Black Sabbath had been eligible for 11 years until they were finally inducted and they basically invented the genre. So yeah, it is kind of a joke.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HBO edited it.......and put Bon Jovi last, and the Moody Blues next to last......which wasn't the case.
They also deleted songs.....

The Moody Blues...........
I was really disappointed that John Lodge or Justin Hayward didn't talk about Ray Thomas Or Mike Pinder in their acceptance speeches...geesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......really????
And Mike Pinder was there, but didn't speak........He may have health issues

Also Mark Knopfler didn't show up.....nobody knows why
So Dire Straits didn't perform

Knopfler just don't give a shit, lol.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bon Jovi was always rock & roll for kids to me and I wasn't a kid when they became popular so.. Their hits are catchy as hell, though, and they're real pros as their performance showed.

It's pretty clear the R&R HOF is biased against certain genres. Metal & Progressive groups need not apply. Those are not my favorite genres either but considering some of the artists they've inducted, it's ridiculous to exclude accomplished, extremely successful groups just because Jann Wenner doesn't like their music.

The Moody Blues had been eligible for 27 years. Black Sabbath had been eligible for 11 years until they were finally inducted and they basically invented the genre. So yeah, it is kind of a joke.

Black Sabbath was eligible for 11 YEARS? Oh holy fuck that's a disgrace. No wonder so many people think the RnR HOF is a joke.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even among like bands, Def Leppard should've been in before Bon Jovi. Jan Wenner is just a tired old has-been, still trying to steer public opinion towards his. The long list of omissions still waiting for induction is pitiful.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Sabbath was eligible for 11 YEARS? Oh holy fuck that's a disgrace. No wonder so many people think the RnR HOF is a joke.

Yeah, it was ridiculous. They're one of the most influential groups in the history of popular music regardless of genre. I was 15 when they released their first record and listening to them for the first time was one of the musical memories I'll never forget. It was like wtf IS this stuff? Maybe they had musical influences that sounded similar, but I'd never heard anything like them... plus they were hugely popular and for a very long time, so every year they were kept out of the HOF just made the HOF look that much worse. I lost interest in metal after a couple of years but I still listen to their first 3 LPs every now and then.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I walk these streets
A loaded six-string on my back
I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back