• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has Lebron passed Kobe on the all time list?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but yes, he's not even close to making the top 5.

Lebron rejects that claim

giphy-downsized-large.gif

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's hard for you to imagine not everyone has a tattoo of lebron on their ballsack like you guys do, but yes, he's not even close to making the top 5.

Don't get emotional on me now - I know you fanboys start throwing things at your computer screen when someone doesn't immediately compliment lebron.

I honestly dislike basketball. I'm not a fan of Lebron, so what you say about him does not bother me. It's just that when I see the posters that I perceive as knowledgeable all lining up on one side of a discussion, and someone else is far in the other direction, I expect to see that person get dry fucked.

So, pepper yer angus, dude.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list is:
1. Chris Webber

the rest don't matter.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put Kobe in my top 10. However with that being said I feel Kareem is the goat, and that isn't the norm.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has more MVPS, more Finals MVPs, higher scoring average, more rebounds, more assists, more steals, more blocks, better fg%, better 3pt%.

Kobe has the edge in FT% and Titles.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that over the next 30 years, the "all time great list" has potential to change a lot.

If current trends in play continue to shift the game toward guard domination, at some point it may start to shape the way dominant centers in previous eras are viewed compared to those guards.

I believe that guard play has taken over for good and that future big men who figure in the all time great conversations will be skilled bigs in the mold of Davis and Townes. It is possible that in the future, dominant centers from the past may not be esteemed as highly as they are today.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Lebron passed Kobe a long time ago.

Still not close to top 5 though.

If Kobe is top 10, and LeBron has passed him, how exactly is he not close to the top 5?

Seriously though, name another player in the history of the league that has been the consensus best in the game for 7 years or more?

There are only 2 I can think of: MJ and LeBron.

You might be able to make a case for Kareem in the early 70s. Before that? Mikan?

Point is LeBron is a once in a generational talent. If he isn't in your top 5, then I suggest you reevaluate.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kobe is top 10, and LeBron has passed him, how exactly is he not close to the top 5?

Seriously though, name another player in the history of the league that has been the consensus best in the game for 7 years or more?

There are only 2 I can think of: MJ and LeBron.

You might be able to make a case for Kareem in the early 70s. Before that? Mikan?

Point is LeBron is a once in a generational talent. If he isn't in your top 5, then I suggest you reevaluate.

Oh ok, so i'm not allowed to have an opinion now? I mean, I know the cavs fans gargle his balls but damn dude, what's your excuse?

1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Wilt
5. Bird

Is that not acceptable, your highness?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok, so i'm not allowed to have an opinion now? I mean, I know the cavs fans gargle his balls but damn dude, what's your excuse?

1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Wilt
5. Bird

57649549.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. MJ
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Wilt
5. Bird

I don't have an excuse.

I am objective, and I have only seen one player in my lifetime of watching basketball who I rank ahead of LeBron.

You have always been a LeBron hater. Just own it and recognize that perhaps your opinion isn't very objective. It isn't just Cavs fans saying he is top 5 you know. It is nearly universally accepted at this point. To say he isn't even close is naive at best.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have an excuse.

I am objective, and I have only seen one player in my lifetime of watching basketball who I rank ahead of LeBron.

You have always been a LeBron hater. Just own it and recognize that perhaps your opinion isn't very objective. It isn't just Cavs fans saying he is top 5 you know. It is nearly universally accepted at this point. To say he isn't even close is naive at best.

I posted my top 5. Almost everyone has a different variation to their top 5.

In my opinion lebron is nowhere near the players mentioned in my top 5 - those who do, haven't seen the other player play.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted my top 5. Almost everyone has a different variation to their top 5.

In my opinion lebron is nowhere near the players mentioned in my top 5 - those who do, haven't seen the other player play.

I have. All but Wilt thanks.

Again, to say LeBron is "nowhere near Bird" is ignorant. I get that some want to rank Bird ahead. Not many, but some. You can't say he isn't close. It is much easier to make the other case that Bird isn't close to LeBron.

LeBron has more MVPs, more Finals MVPs, more all NBA first team, 5-0 all defense first team, LBJ won a scoring title, Bird never did.

Their stats are fairly comparable otherwise, but keep in mind that pace of play in the 80s was a lot faster than it has been throughout LeBron's career.

Again, if you say LeBron is not close to Bird, I do not know what objective facts you can claim for your side. Other than your perception of Bird vs. a player you clearly don't like, I do not think you have anything to hang your hat on.