• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has Anyone Else Noticed?

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, maybe, no one else cares. Commercial breaks between when a team scores and when they kick off are longer and longer, sometimes to the point of missing the kick-off and any return. This practice has begun to annoy me. Is anyone else bothered by the networks squeezing in one more commercial at the expense of viewers?

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm so far proud of NBC this season. It seems they have toned down the commercial breaks a little bit. Hell there wasn't a commercial for the first 7 minutes of the Temple game. I'm not sure about the Georgia game... I tend to try to forget about that one.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, maybe, no one else cares. Commercial breaks between when a team scores and when they kick off are longer and longer, sometimes to the point of missing the kick-off and any return. This practice has begun to annoy me. Is anyone else bothered by the networks squeezing in one more commercial at the expense of viewers?
I hate it. This past game was particularly bad. Every chance they could they'd call a full media time out. I wish Universities would step up and prevent the media companies from interfering with the game in that way. Commercials should naturally work into the game, not the other way around. If they want to show commercials, they should fit them into the time allowed naturally by the game or put something up on screen while showing the game.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really ticked me off was when ESPN decided to put the rest of the ND-Boston College game on ESPNU when nobody even has that channel.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm so far proud of NBC this season. It seems they have toned down the commercial breaks a little bit. Hell there wasn't a commercial for the first 7 minutes of the Temple game. I'm not sure about the Georgia game... I tend to try to forget about that one.

Maybe ND made a deal with NBC about those extended commercial breaks. :noidea:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really ticked me off was when ESPN decided to put the rest of the ND-Boston College game on ESPNU when nobody even has that channel.
I could be wrong here, but don't most people get that when they get ESPN? At minimum, you should have been able to stream it online.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong here, but don't most people get that when they get ESPN? At minimum, you should have been able to stream it online.
Nah well not here at least you have to pay even extra for that. I have just have a Comcast Plan as of now. Looking into Hulu Live TV or maybe Sling or hell I heard Playstation Vue is decent.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be a BTN thing.
Never happens to the games I watch

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have noticed theres a big difference in time between change of possession and during time outs when the game is being nationally televised and when its just regional. Quite a few times both teams were ready to play and you can see the ref in the middle of the field waiting to get the ok from the TV people.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I really hate is not so much the long break after a score and PAT. Its going back to commercial immediately after the kickoff, after such a commercial break. That breaks up the flow of the game too much. I just sat through 2 plus minutes of commercials, they don't need to add another minute or so after the kickoff.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it. This past game was particularly bad. Every chance they could they'd call a full media time out. I wish Universities would step up and prevent the media companies from interfering with the game in that way. Commercials should naturally work into the game, not the other way around. If they want to show commercials, they should fit them into the time allowed naturally by the game or put something up on screen while showing the game.

NO, NO, NO

I hate it when CBS super-imposes an ad on the field of play. When they do that, I change channels and watch something else. Very seldom go back.

The rest of what you said, I agree 100%.
Too damn many bean-counters. It's as if they DGAF about the game. DGAF about the players, DGAF about the fans.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone has to pay for Lee Corso's salary.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is made for commercials. Scoring is an example. Someone scores and then a commercial. Then a kickoff and then a commercial. There are injuries, instant replays, time-outs, and the end of the quarter. No reason to squeeze in extra commercials.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commercials should naturally work into the game, not the other way around. If they want to show commercials, they should fit them into the time allowed naturally by the game or put something up on screen while showing the game.

I kinda like the "side-by-side" thingy that they've started doing with certain events (NASCAR does it; I thought I saw it in a football game Saturday but don't remember which one).

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO, NO, NO

I hate it when CBS super-imposes an ad on the field of play. When they do that, I change channels and watch something else. Very seldom go back.

The rest of what you said, I agree 100%.
Too damn many bean-counters. It's as if they DGAF about the game. DGAF about the players, DGAF about the fans.
Not to cover the screen, but like make the information banner with the score be presented by Target or something like that. Something non-intrusive.