• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh drillin' baskets with a recruit

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already know that thats why i refer to Gary as having an 80k price tag. That is what they paid for partridge. I have no reason to be upset tho Michigan may when the sanctions hit tho. Especially after rd two of hiring coaches to recruit players

Well, don't hold your breath. Harbaugh has been completely transparent about hiring Partridge. And, let's not pretend other programs haven't hired high profile high school head coaches before, even those that are parents of players they recruited.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, don't hold your breath. Harbaugh has been completely transparent about hiring Partridge. And, let's not pretend other programs haven't hired high profile high school head coaches before, even those that are parents of players they recruited.
He's got a nasty pattern going I'm predicting sanctions. I don't want to see them. But I think his pattern, tactics and other schools eventually catch up to him. He's trying to bend rules while being creative but all the exposure will catch up to him IMO

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Harbaugh has done that as well. That athletic department is going to have a lot of "fat" if they keep hiring 2-3 parents/coaches every year to get players.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a nasty pattern going I'm predicting sanctions. I don't want to see them. But I think his pattern, tactics and other schools eventually catch up to him. He's trying to bend rules while being creative but all the exposure will catch up to him IMO

In more than 130 years of the football program, the NCAA had NEVER sanctioned Michigan until Rich Rodriguez exceeded the limits of allowable practice time (not that it helped) and the program received a minor sanction. It has been a point of pride at Michigan and one of the many reasons university officials, alumni, and friends soured quickly on Rodriguez. Partridge was hired in 2015, and I'm sure Harbaugh would not have hired him if it was "illegal." I'm also pretty sure the NCAA cannot dictate whether or not a high school coach can take a job in a university program even if he/she is put in the position of recruiting his former players.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Harbaugh has done that as well. That athletic department is going to have a lot of "fat" if they keep hiring 2-3 parents/coaches every year to get players.

Well, let's not pretend that hasn't been done by other programs before as well.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In more than 130 years of the football program, the NCAA had NEVER sanctioned Michigan until Rich Rodriguez exceeded the limits of allowable practice time (not that it helped) and the program received a minor sanction. It has been a point of pride at Michigan and one of the many reasons university officials, alumni, and friends soured quickly on Rodriguez. Partridge was hired in 2015, and I'm sure Harbaugh would not have hired him if it was "illegal." I'm also pretty sure the NCAA cannot dictate whether or not a high school coach can take a job in a university program even if he/she is put in the position of recruiting his former players.
The spotlight harbaugh thrives on will be his doom. Ego is the downfall to many throughout history. I analyze things for a living. The signs are all there and he's lined up for sanctions. And I called the USC sanctions back on ESPN even tho i didnt agree with them

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spotlight harbaugh thrives on will be his doom. Ego is the downfall to many throughout history. I analyze things for a living. The signs are all there and he's lined up for sanctions. And I called the USC sanctions back on ESPN even tho i didnt agree with them

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 times in less than 14 months though?

If it's "legal" any one time, it's legal every time. The number of times it has occurred has nothing to do with the legality of it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan fans:

Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's "legal" any one time, it's legal every time. The number of times it has occurred has nothing to do with the legality of it.
Embarrass the shadiness. Obviously you have no problems with over signing and forcing players into medical scholarships/transfers since both are "legal".

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just borrowed Sabans crystal ball I'm definitely seeing sanctions in harbaughs future :hope:

Do you mean "Saban's" crystal ball? Maybe he can also explain how Alabama managed to escape NCAA sanctions in the case of the Mark Ingram-Julio Jones fishing trip paid for by a businessman, Clinton-Dix's alleged loan from an assistant strength coach (who was conveniently fired), and other similar cases.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrass the shadiness. Obviously you have no problems with over signing and forcing players into medical scholarships/transfers since both are "legal".

Grasp at straws much?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean "Saban's" crystal ball? Maybe he can also explain how Alabama managed to escape NCAA sanctions in the case of the Mark Ingram-Julio Jones fishing trip paid for by a businessman, Clinton-Dix's alleged loan from an assistant strength coach (who was conveniently fired), and other similar cases.
Alabama did go through a period of sanctions. As did Ohio state as did USC. We all know the signs Michigan is going to get hit next

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama did go through a period of sanctions. As did Ohio state as did USC. We all know the signs Michigan is going to get hit next

We'll just have to see if you are right.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing similar about them. Ingram, Julio and Clinton-Dix issues were not of a recruiting nature. You might want to do a little fact check before you open your mouth.