• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Hanging on by a prayer, Rangers host Padres

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should make an honest assessment and make an offer. We are not going to give up the farm for Hamels. Yo has better topside than Chi Chi. I doubt we offer 5 years and not sure others do. Maybe mutual option at 4 years. Cruz held out and look where that got him. But yes I think we would get better than the comp pick in a trade
True but if we trade him to Seattle or Boston we may get a top 10 pick. But I still would want to keep him in hopes of resigning him. I just do not trust what we have for our overall rotation for next year.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but if we trade him to Seattle or Boston we may get a top 10 pick. But I still would want to keep him in hopes of resigning him. I just do not trust what we have for our overall rotation for next year.

Is it not a sandwich pick? Assuming you are talking about QO

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Hitzges this morning:
  1. We have to go 44-30 the rest of the way to make it to 86 wins. Doesn't see this number getting the WC, much less win the division. Nor does he see this team capable of even accomplishing this.
  2. Who's the # 4 starter for 2016? He's suggesting Thompson may be the answer.
  3. We have one of, if not the, worst OF in ML baseball. Can DeShields maintain for next year? Rua needs to get solid numbers in the minors before considering bringing him back up (leave him down indefinitely).
  4. We've got to make a move to secure a right-hand bat, and MM would be the person to move.
  5. Wandy brings us little to nothing on the trade market. Gallardo a possibility for a trade. Thinks to resign him is 4 years at $60 mil.
  6. Choo on the market would cost of $80 mil of the $100 owed.
  7. He's fed up with Leo in CF; pretty much done actually.
  8. From researching the success rate of TJ surgeries: 22% never make it back. 33% do not return to their former success rates. 50% of the pitchers never throw 100 pitches in a game again.
  9. Feels we may not have no choice but to go to a 6 man rotation for the rest of the season.
  10. He would be a seller at the deadline.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ this article. Rangers trade away Fielder (plus 24mil), Andrus (plus 30mil), Wandy, Alberto... and they get back....... Adam Lind, Jon Niese, Dillon Gee, Danny Santana, and 2 prospects.

L. Oh. Fucking. L.

That whole piece is ridiculous, Frenchie brings that kind of return on what planet?
If thats what it takes for Carlos Gomez, I am in. LJack, Leonys and Choo plus cash.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. We have to go 44-30 the rest of the way to make it to 86 wins. Doesn't see this number getting the WC, much less win the division. Nor does he see this team capable of even accomplishing this.
  3. We have one of, if not the, worst OF in ML baseball. Can DeShields maintain for next year? Rua needs to get solid numbers in the minors before considering bringing him back up (leave him down indefinitely).
  4. We've got to make a move to secure a right-hand bat, and MM would be the person to move.
  5. Wandy brings us little to nothing on the trade market. Gallardo a possibility for a trade. Thinks to resign him is 4 years at $60 mil.
  8. From researching the success rate of TJ surgeries: 22% never make it back. 33% do not return to their former success rates. 50% of the pitchers never throw 100 pitches in a game again.
  9. Feels we may not have no choice but to go to a 6 man rotation for the rest of the season.

I sure don't like putting a ton of stock in all these pitchers coming back from shoulder and arm injuries. Somebody is not going to return to their previous potential. I hope they do, but playing it safe would be the smart move.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore my previous post please. Didn't realize it was already up.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure don't like putting a ton of stock in all these pitchers coming back from shoulder and arm injuries. Somebody is not going to return to their previous potential. I hope they do, but playing it safe would be the smart move.

If you're (we/us) are playing the odds, this may favor resigning Gallardo rather than trading him.

But is he worth $60 mil? Tough call.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're (we/us) are playing the odds, this may favor resigning Gallardo rather than trading him.

But is he worth $60 mil? Tough call.

For 56 mill, I think i would sign him. He is having a good season even after moving to the AL and he will likely pitch a ton of innings and be a fine MORP. Maybe he leaves a few million on the table to stay in Texas?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ this article. Rangers trade away Fielder (plus 24mil), Andrus (plus 30mil), Wandy, Alberto... and they get back....... Adam Lind, Jon Niese, Dillon Gee, Danny Santana, and 2 prospects.

L. Oh. Fucking. L.
Yeah, that is why I said for what its worth. I think the guy was smoking something when he came up with these scenarios. I would love the Andrus for Niese and Gee trade but don't ever see that happening.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it not a sandwich pick? Assuming you are talking about QO
That is what I am not sure about in regards to the QO. But as I stated I would like to keep Gallardo around which I am in the minority. I do not have a good feeling about what many hope will be our starting rotation next year.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am right there with you murph.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perez and Holland I feel okay about.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez and Holland I feel okay about.

I sure hope they come back completely healthy and do great. I just know that its doubtful they both remain healthy for an extended period of time. I wouldn't bet the next 5 years on them is all Im saying.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of doubt Thompson passes Chi Chi or Nick by next ST. I think he spends a lot of 2016 in the minors depending on injuries. Right now it seems Eickoff will come up sooner than Thompson will. Maybe Tepesch again as well. Who knows about Asher.

Our 4th starter next year I think will be Chi Chi once Yu gets back.

I would like to know how far back Norm is doing that study. My suspicion is that the numbers have gotten much better than that over the last few years.

That is a good question about Deshields. We shall see. Between Cordell, Williams, and Brinson Deshields will eventually get a whole of of competition. He very well may be the real deal though.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Matt Harrison's next start will be up in Colorado. Colorado may be having another bad season but that will be a tough place for him to be trying to get things going in the right direction.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope they come back completely healthy and do great. I just know that its doubtful they both remain healthy for an extended period of time. I wouldn't bet the next 5 years on them is all Im saying.

Betting on any pitcher to stay healthy five years is a low probability gamble.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Betting on any pitcher to stay healthy five years is a low probability gamble.

Right, I should have qualified it by saying another injury requiring surgery, or significant time on the mend ala Holland this season. 5 years for any pitcher is probably a low probability and especially a couple coming off significant injury.

I just have a hard time seeing a starting rotation where 3/5th's of them are coming off of a major injury, being what we rely on to have us in contention over the next couple years. I just don't have a lot of faith in Holland, not ultimately requiring surgery or injuring something else with his terrible luck.

Something will workout, unless it doesnt, and thats just the nature of the game.