• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Haley is out of Pittsburgh

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again. If you put up 42 and lose, offense isn’t your problem. But you believe what you want.

Our defense certainly has been problematic, but let's not play coy and act like the last game was representative of how the Steeler offense operated, on the whole. Look at the entirety of his time as O-coordinator in Pittsburgh, you'll have a better understanding where Steeler fans are coming from

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense certainly has been problematic, but let's not play coy and act like the last game was representative of how the Steeler offense operated, on the whole. Look at the entirety of his time as O-coordinator in Pittsburgh, you'll have a better understanding where Steeler fans are coming from

Haley's first year as OC Pittsburgh was ranked 20th in total offense. The following years were...

2014 - 2nd
2015 - 3rd
2016 - 7th
2017 - 3rd

When Haley came to AZ, he took one of the worst offenses and made them top 5 helping get to their only SB.

I get why Pittsburgh fans wanted change and somebody has to be the scapegoat. Ben has more clout than anyone on that team. When he doesn't want the OC there, people listen.

I just think you could do a lot worse than Todd Haley.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haley's first year as OC Pittsburgh was ranked 20th in total offense. The following years were...

2014 - 2nd
2015 - 3rd
2016 - 7th
2017 - 3rd

When Haley came to AZ, he took one of the worst offenses and made them top 5 helping get to their only SB.

I get why Pittsburgh fans wanted change and somebody has to be the scapegoat. Ben has more clout than anyone on that team. When he doesn't want the OC there, people listen.

sure, those rankings count for something, i imagine. but my eyes don't lie to me when i watch the games, and the past few seasons, the steelers left way too many points on the field, and not on the scoreboard. and keep in mind, the steelers have had relatively easy schedules dating back to 2015 or so; whenever they went up against a team that was even halfway competent with their defensive sets, it seemed like a struggle to just to get into any sort of rhythm whatsoever. sure, you COULD do a lot worse than haley, but i also think there's a good chance they could go in a different direction which might "wake up" the offense and get them to their full potential, or at least, closer to it, particularly since we can't rely on weak schedules forever.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2014 - 2nd
2015 - 3rd
2016 - 7th
2017 - 3rd

BUT HE YELLED AT BEN :bawling:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, those rankings count for something, i imagine. but my eyes don't lie to me when i watch the games, and the past few seasons, the steelers left way too many points on the field, and not on the scoreboard. and keep in mind, the steelers have had relatively easy schedules dating back to 2015 or so; whenever they went up against a team that was even halfway competent with their defensive sets, it seemed like a struggle to just to get into any sort of rhythm whatsoever. sure, you COULD do a lot worse than haley, but i also think there's a good chance they could go in a different direction which might "wake up" the offense and get them to their full potential, or at least, closer to it, particularly since we can't rely on weak schedules forever.
I get it. Sometimes change is good for both sides. You might think i'm crazy, but I would welcome Haley back in AZ.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the second coordinator that Brady
Has gotten fired out of Pittsburg.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the second coordinator that Brady
Has gotten fired out of Pittsburg.

So I take it you root only for teams with native american-themed mascots?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand their reasons for letting Haley go. His ego seemed to be getting in the way of communicating with his players. Maybe not all on him because of the egos he was dealing with but the star players will always have more leverage than asst. coaches.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On to hell:suds:

Former Steelers OC Todd Haley interviewed for the Browns' offensive coordinator job.

The two sides are in "serious talks," according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen. The Steelers decided not to renew Haley's contract after the season, possibly due to tension with Ben Roethlisberger. Hue Jackson served as both head coach and offensive coordinator in 2017, which predictably backfired as the Browns endured one of the worst seasons in NFL history. The Browns have also interviewed Texans QBs coach Sean Ryan and former Giants coach Ben McAdoo for their offensive coordinator opening.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On to hell:suds:

Former Steelers OC Todd Haley interviewed for the Browns' offensive coordinator job.

The two sides are in "serious talks," according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen. The Steelers decided not to renew Haley's contract after the season, possibly due to tension with Ben Roethlisberger. Hue Jackson served as both head coach and offensive coordinator in 2017, which predictably backfired as the Browns endured one of the worst seasons in NFL history. The Browns have also interviewed Texans QBs coach Sean Ryan and former Giants coach Ben McAdoo for their offensive coordinator opening.

lol welllll! isn't this somethin'! @Sgt Brutus , get in here! good news, buddy! that missing piece of the puzzle might soon be on his way to cleveland :clap:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haley in Cleveland will be interesting. Lots of bars in Cleveland.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure even Cleveland wouldn't want him.

The two sides are in "serious talks," according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
The Steelers decided not to renew Haley's contract after the season, possibly due to tension with Ben Roethlisberger. Hue Jackson served as both head coach and offensive coordinator in 2017, which predictably backfired as the Browns endured one of the worst seasons in NFL history. The Browns have also interviewed Texans QBs coach Sean Ryan and former Giants coach Ben McAdoo for their offensive coordinator opening.
Related: Browns

Source: Akron Beacon