• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guns

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we will never have a guns/shooting forum...Who here has or collects em? Whatcha got, and what's your favorite one?

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will step up.

AR15 Custom made
Saiga AK47
Browning 30-6
Winchester 30/30
Remington 1187 12 Guage shotty
Browning Sweet 16 16 guage shotty
Remington 870 12 Guage shotty
Smith and Wesson 686
Smith and Wesson Bodyguard
Smith and Wesson Airlite
Smith and Wesson 1911e
Glock 19
Glock 17
Ruger Mark3
Ruger LCP
Thompson Center Omega 50 cal
Forget the name but I also have a old cap lock flintlock 56 cal. Smooth bore and it was my dads. Haven't shot it in years but would never part with it.

Tough to call one my favorite as I enjoy all kinds of shooting and hunting. I guess the most fun gun to shoot is my AR. My favorite carry weapon is my G19 in winter and I generally carry the Bodyguard in the summer. I rifle hunt with the Browning 30-6 in Maine every year. I shotgun hunt in MA (birds) with the Browning sweet 16 and deer hunt in MA with the 1187. Black powder hunt with the Omega

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have shit, but I'm starting a collection. My next purchase will be a small .22 rifle for the kids. My 870 is just way too big for them, and they are interested in some target shooting. My stepson really needs some nudging to get him outdoors and do anything physical, so if he's got an interest in anything I would love to foster it. My daughter is less interested, but she still would like to try it. Something small, light, and quiet is a good way to teach them gun safety and responsibility without scaring them. I would also like to pick up a muzzle loader for deer season once waterfowl is over. Then I'm looking at a 9MM for personal protection and target practice. I would like an autoloader shotty but that's probably farther down the line, my 870 has been great to me so I'm not going to replace it just yet. Someday I will have a nice long list of guns though.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have shit, but I'm starting a collection. My next purchase will be a small .22 rifle for the kids. My 870 is just way too big for them, and they are interested in some target shooting. My stepson really needs some nudging to get him outdoors and do anything physical, so if he's got an interest in anything I would love to foster it. My daughter is less interested, but she still would like to try it. Something small, light, and quiet is a good way to teach them gun safety and responsibility without scaring them. I would also like to pick up a muzzle loader for deer season once waterfowl is over. Then I'm looking at a 9MM for personal protection and target practice. I would like an autoloader shotty but that's probably farther down the line, my 870 has been great to me so I'm not going to replace it just yet. Someday I will have a nice long list of guns though.

I knew I forgot something. I have a old bolt action Remington .22

My kids have shot it quite a alot. They have also both shot the AR15. Eddie just a suggestion. Dont just shoot paper with the kids. Save up some water bottles and let em blow them up.. Maybe treat them to a exploding target if range allows it. Great fun. My girls ask me all the time to go shooting and my oldest took her first hunting day with me this year and it was awesome.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same here. I have a Remington 870 and a Marlin .22. My next gun will probably be a revolver. A .38 probably. Then I will move on to the wish list.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend of a friend has a 50 cal Barret sniper rifle. He allowed me to purchase some ammo and we hit a 1000 yd range. It literally was a blast. 1000 yd shots hitting bulls eyes. Simply amazing but I dont see any practical need for it to purchase plus they are freaking expensive as hell.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My kids have shot it quite a alot. They have also both shot the AR15. Eddie just a suggestion. Dont just shoot paper with the kids. Save up some water bottles and let em blow them up.. Maybe treat them to a exploding target if range allows it. Great fun. My girls ask me all the time to go shooting and my oldest took her first hunting day with me this year and it was awesome.

Yeah, there are some great outdoor public shooting areas around here, so I'm building a little stand... I've got some pipe stands I can assemble and put in my trunk, and then string wire or string across like a small clothsline, and then hang pop bottles across. I also take soup can lids with the pop top, and run the string through them so when you hit the lid it spins around on the string.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cabela's: Star Exploding Targets

Great reactions when you hammer one of these. Seriously check with range officials before using though they may be illegal and not allowed on range. If they are allowed they make a big ole boom with a big cloud of smoke.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk just made me ask the kids if they wanna go shootin..Of course they said yes. It is 27 degrees out now. I am gonna bring a bunch of ammo. We have a wood stove in our outdoor shoot house..Light up that baby get it nice and warm. Bring some hot chocolate and fire a bunch of rounds.

Im outta here!

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cabela's: Star Exploding Targets

Great reactions when you hammer one of these. Seriously check with range officials before using though they may be illegal and not allowed on range. If they are allowed they make a big ole boom with a big cloud of smoke.

Sweet... we have a Cabela's opening in March by my house. I will have to check that out. Most of these shooting areas are way out in the boonies, no houses around, mostly untouched by DNR, basically just public land. I should probably still check on the legality though.

All this talk just made me ask the kids if they wanna go shootin..Of course they said yes. It is 27 degrees out now. I am gonna bring a bunch of ammo. We have a wood stove in our outdoor shoot house..Light up that baby get it nice and warm. Bring some hot chocolate and fire a bunch of rounds.

Im outta here!

Sounds fun, have a good time.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will step up.

AR15 Custom made
Saiga AK47
Browning 30-6
Winchester 30/30
Smith and Wesson 686
Smith and Wesson Airlite
Smith and Wesson 1911e
Glock 19
Glock 17
Ruger Mark3
Ruger LCP
Forget the name but I also have a old cap lock flintlock 56 cal. Smooth bore and it was my dads. Haven't shot it in years but would never part with it.

Tough to call one my favorite as I enjoy all kinds of shooting and hunting. I guess the most fun gun to shoot is my AR. My favorite carry weapon is my G19 in winter and I generally carry the Bodyguard in the summer. I rifle hunt with the Browning 30-6 in Maine every year. I shotgun hunt in MA (birds) with the Browning sweet 16 and deer hunt in MA with the 1187. Black powder hunt with the Omega

Nice collection sir!

I myself have gotten on a pistol kick lately

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have
Glock 30 gen 3
Glock 27 gen 4
Sig sauer pro 2022 .40
Springfield xd9 service model
Kel tec p32
Taurus poly public defender
Springfield 1911
And my most recent is a sig p938
All the poly guns I have, I've gotten them dura coated in Blackhawks coyote tan (except my poly judge)

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the poly guns I have, I've gotten them dura coated in Blackhawks coyote tan (except my poly judge)

I am thinking of doing that on my G19. I will never sell it so value means nothing to me.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sig AR 15 (10.5" barrel)
Stag AR 15 (10.5" barrel)
DPMS AR 15
YUGO SKS
PS90
H&K MP5

Remington Model 7 243
Remington Model 7 30-06
Ruger Mark II 270
Ruger Mark II 7mm
Ruger 10/22 (with a scope)
Ruger 10/22 (BSA Red Dot and a Gen III Suppressor)
Remington 512 22
Marlin 22
Marlin 30/30
Marlin 45-70 (my favorite hunting rifle)

Mossberg 20 gauge pump
Remington 11-87
Remington 870 (12" barrel)
Mossberg 590
Mossberg 930
National Arms Double Barrel Rabbit Ear (dated 1912)
Serbu Super Shorty (the mossberg 500 version)

Sig p220 45
Sig p229 40
Glock 27 40
Smith J Frame 38spl
Taurus 3" magnum judge
Ruger LCP 380
Browning Buckmark
Ruger 22/45

Last edited by a moderator:

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I teach Shooting Sports for the local Boyscouts during their summer camp. Old water bottles refilled with either generic kool aid or water and food coloring always makes the kids smile when they hit it, cheap reactive targets.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets see

colt 1911 gold cup 45

Remington700 BDL in 7mm 08

winchester 94 30 30 made in 1967

a marlin 22 mag

also a CVA Optima black power for those not in the know

and then the wish list and my next gun

SBSAOW1.jpg

if interested here is the web site

SBS/AOW

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will step up.

AR15 Custom made
Saiga AK47
Browning 30-6
Winchester 30/30
Smith and Wesson 686
Smith and Wesson Airlite
Smith and Wesson 1911e
Glock 19
Glock 17
Ruger Mark3
Ruger LCP

:shocked:

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glock 40
Ruger LC380
Stag AR15
Marlin 30/30
Remington 870
Ruger 10/22
Armalite AR10A4

and the Red Ryder
ralphie-christmas-story-red-ryder-bb-1.jpg

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have
Glock 30 gen 3
Glock 27 gen 4
Sig sauer pro 2022 .40
Springfield xd9 service model
Kel tec p32
Taurus poly public defender
Springfield 1911
And my most recent is a sig p938

Can you go in depth on that? Never heard of it.