• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronk's Cheap Shot

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. Apparrantly not.

He also called it a "two handed shove in the back". Looked more like let's take a running start and hit this guy from behind in the upper back/neck area but that's probably bc I'm looking at the video thru my "homer glasses".

I don't watch NFL, so I don't give a fuck one way or the other, but my opinion is the two incidents are equally bad.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch NFL, so I don't give a fuck one way or the other, but my opinion is the two incidents are equally bad.

That was the point I was making when I posted the video and said "this got a one game suspension"

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the point I was making when I posted the video and said "this got a one game suspension"

Gronk's hit was more dangerous IMO. Certainly placed White into concussion protocol...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk's hit was more dangerous IMO. Certainly placed White into concussion protocol...

Your point about the guy being on the ground and therefore absorbing all the energy is valid.

Maybe Gronk's was worse.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a strong movement at all. Over-simplification by someone that's ignoring the former players suffering from brain injuries. Mitchell is a dullard that is still pissed over a fine two years ago.

And like I said, it isn't just the target. It's the shooter too.

Ask Dave Duerson.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can understand why you have that opinion. I don't necessarily disagree. Certainly the outcome of the two hits would support that opinion.

However, from a disciplinary perspective I see both hits as "the same". I see two unacceptable hits that were intentional, after the play and designed to hurt the opponent. For that reason I can see them getting the same punishment. Again, that being said, if Gronk had gotten two games I wouldn't be arguing that the punishment was too severe. Id even feel the same if he had gotten three games. I'd think "damn that's harsh but you fucking did it". If he had gotten anything beyond that I'd think it was ridiculous

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand why you have that opinion. I don't necessarily disagree. Certainly the outcome of the two hits would support that opinion.

However, from a disciplinary perspective I see both hits as "the same". I see two unacceptable hits that were intentional, after the play and designed to hurt the opponent. For that reason I can see them getting the same punishment. Again, that being said, if Gronk had gotten two games I wouldn't be arguing that the punishment was too severe. Id even feel the same if he had gotten three games. I'd think "damn that's harsh but you fucking did it". If he had gotten anything beyond that I'd think it was ridiculous

3 would've been the absolute max, and would likely have been cut by appeal. That was my initial concern, that his appeal would reduce it to a fine when he clearly should've been at least ejected from the game.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 would've been the absolute max, and would likely have been cut by appeal. That was my initial concern, that his appeal would reduce it to a fine when he clearly should've been at least ejected from the game.

As a Pats fan, I felt he deserved a suspension. I found the appeal distasteful.
I would have been concerned if he won the appeal......

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhhhh wait, check fire, you cannot say the hit sent him into concussion protocol. If you watch the play you will see he looked befuddled before the hit.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, when I saw it was one I knew no way was it getting reduced. The appeal also took me aback and I didn't like it but that's his right I guess so... Meh

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, when I saw it was one I knew no way was it getting reduced. The appeal also took me aback and I didn't like it but that's his right I guess so... Meh
NFLPA basically appeals every player fine and suspension. Regardless.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't try to use Evans hit as a comparison to what Gronk did.
hoth were dirty, but the Evans hit was against a standing player while Gronk's was against a guy laying on the ground. The blow against the guy laying on the ground had more of an impact plain and simple.

Just more proof Roger and the NFL are clueless in disciplining players.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't try to use Evans hit as a comparison to what Gronk did.
hoth were dirty, but the Evans hit was against a standing player while Gronk plays for the Patriots. The blow against the guy laying on the ground by a Patriot player had more of an impact plain and simple.

Just more proof Roger and the NFL are clueless in disciplining players.

fify :whistle:

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eventually players will just sue each other for late hits that cause injuries. While football is inherently dangerous and some risks can be assumed, activity beyond the scope of normal conduct is not foreseeable and therefore can not be assumed. So an injury due to anything outside the scope of reasonable conduct could potentially be grounds for a claim.