• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Grizzlies Vs Lakers Nov 15, 2013

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill was held by Randolph. That was a krappy non-call by the refs!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 for 10 down the stretch is not getting it done. And that Randolph is a dirty player!!

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thought he used his off arm several times to create space on that last shot to increase lead to 3...swing of 4 points in favor of road team

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have no more excuses for their poor offense. They are at home and they just don't get it done when it counts.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect game. They played close hada lead a few times then lost at the end. Just keep it up lakers.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice fight, tough break... The BlondeMamba is leading this team... Blake plays ball...:suds:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be a looooooooong ass season. :L

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick observation from "the guy that doesn't know anything about basketball" (according to one extremely idiotic troll). Bad trend for this team is they're WAY too willing to settle for jumpers, which takes away their aggressiveness in driving to the basket. That and the defensive let-ups are what's losing these close games for them. If I'm D'Antoni I'm telling Blake or whoever else is handling the ball to start driving to the rim more. It'll get you fouls if nothing else and stop the clock. This team IMO is just too willing to settle...

On the good side of things this Lakers team has actually been competitive in most of the games this season. Guess we'll see where it goes from here...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing when Meeks had just stolen the ball on our end and was driving on a break-away and then slowed down enough for the Grizzly defender to catch him and re-steal the ball. You are right CL67, it's like it wouldn't be prudent to crush the opponent or some stupid mentality. Take it to the hole and quit monkeying around to settle for a jump shot. Blake often does that. He dribbles to the basket gets passed people for a nice lay-up and then continues on a circle dribble not even attempting a lay-up but to find somebody back out on the periphery to pass it to for the jump shot again. It just doesn't come off as very aggressive and teams sense this and take advantage of the Lakers.

Sometimes it works when you are ahead it is O.K. but when you are behind, take it to the basket with authority and we only have may be two guys in Henry and Johnson who will do that with any regularity. This European type behavior just pisses me off and Pau is the worst.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick observation from "the guy that doesn't know anything about basketball" (according to one extremely idiotic troll). Bad trend for this team is they're WAY too willing to settle for jumpers, which takes away their aggressiveness in driving to the basket. That and the defensive let-ups are what's losing these close games for them. If I'm D'Antoni I'm telling Blake or whoever else is handling the ball to start driving to the rim more. It'll get you fouls if nothing else and stop the clock. This team IMO is just too willing to settle...

On the good side of things this Lakers team has actually been competitive in most of the games this season. Guess we'll see where it goes from here...

That's the problem... Dantoni is encouraging them to shoot jumpers... That's what his Suns did and that's what this team is doing... I hate to say it but I want more losses so Dantoni can get the boot... The better these Gus do the more Jim is inclined to see if it will work next year with more of Dantoni's guys... That would be detrimental... No way we can go into this off season with all that cap space looking to put a Dantoni team together...:hope:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem... Dantoni is encouraging them to shoot jumpers... That's what his Suns did and that's what this team is doing... I hate to say it but I want more losses so Dantoni can get the boot... The better these Gus do the more Jim is inclined to see if it will work next year with more of Dantoni's guys... That would be detrimental... No way we can go into this off season with all that cap space looking to put a Dantoni team together...:hope:

It's part of the learning curve for his system. It does encourage jump shots (particularly 3's), but it's when those 3's are shot that is the key. They need to figure that part out and it takes time. That's why I say that we won't truly know what this team is until we are 35-40 games in.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's part of the learning curve for his system. It does encourage jump shots (particularly 3's), but it's when those 3's are shot that is the key. They need to figure that part out and it takes time. That's why I say that we won't truly know what this team is until we are 35-40 games in.

And while I'm inclined to agree with this it also brings up the question of what the proper mentality of this team should be. IMO if you're gonna go young and have all this speed and athleticism I'd think they'd also need to be aggressive, which is why I think they should be taking it to the basket more. Settling for jumpers seems to do more harm than good. And as Retroram already brought up it's a REAL killer on our transition game...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest rumors are that LO is re-signing with the Clip Joint and Nash has some interest from the Raptors. The former was somewhat expected and the latter may be some writer's wet dream. Supposedly, Toronto would give up Rudy Gay for Nash, Farmar, and Hill but even with that we don't have the cap space for Gay's contract unless they cut Gasol and that can't be done either. Mostly like this is a story line that is fantasy.