• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Roman

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Roman...Today at practice..."The offense is ready to pop".

My ass ! Quit talking Roman and open it up. Pop ! Gore up the gut on first down every time. Roman's ass is so tight on game day he does'nt know what pop means. Ultra conservative in a league where you have to throw the ball downfield.

Harbaugh needs to sit down after the season and make the switch at OC.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see the walk than some talk....

Offense looked "better" vs saints compared to the Car game however its still on Kap to read and throw to his other recievers....

10 games in, 6 games left... for my liking 5-1 down the road... 4-2 "may" be enough....

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see the walk than some talk....

Offense looked "better" vs saints compared to the Car game however its still on Kap to read and throw to his other recievers....

10 games in, 6 games left... for my liking 5-1 down the road... 4-2 "may" be enough....

9-0

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My ass ! Quit talking Roman and open it up. Pop ! Gore up the gut on first down every time. Roman's ass is so tight on game day he does'nt know what pop means. Ultra conservative in a league where you have to throw the ball downfield.

His offensive game plan reminds me of the Singletary days. Do the 9ers really need to wait until the end of the season if he can't get a game plan going? The Ravens won a SB last year after getting rid of their OC mid season. Maybe JH could call the plays. The 9ers need to focus on what they have available rather than hoping for something to work. Kap can run....let him. Kap has issues staring down his receivers.....the OL needs to give him a bit more time and the RB and TE need to be there for the dump pass. JMO.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, he has the league's worst corp of receivers, one of the league's worst quarterbacks and a porous offensive line. What would you suggest he do?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well, he has the league's worst corp of receivers, one of the league's worst quarterbacks and a porous offensive line. What would you suggest he do?

Make better use of the talent he has.

I mean LMJ up the middle on 3rd and 2 wouldn't be my definition of maximizing his abilities and as much as I love Miller at FB he should not be anywhere close to being our 3rd leading receiver.

Taking a couple of deep shots with play action pass against the Saints would've been better than just running Gore into a 9 man wall that they were fully expecting.

Less 2 RB, 2 TE, 1 WR formations would be nice as well. I mean I know our corp of recievers suck but that formation isn't going to scare any defense in terms of passing. And if you do use that formation at least throw in Hunter and LMJ at times with it. I would much rather see one of those guys catch the ball than Miller catch it since there would at least be a greater chance for a big play.

Again I've been critical of Roman but I do firmly believe everyone involved on offense has a hand in the struggles but I do think you have to work from the top down if you want to fix things and it starts with the coaches. If you keep putting players in unfavorable positions they are going to continue to struggle but if you put them in positions to succeed they'll eventually break out of the funk and start playing better.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I mean LMJ up the middle on 3rd and 2 wouldn't be my definition of maximizing his abilities and as much as I love Miller at FB he should not be anywhere close to being our 3rd leading receiver.

Taking a couple of deep shots with play action pass against the Saints would've been better than just running Gore into a 9 man wall that they were fully expecting.

Less 2 RB, 2 TE, 1 WR formations would be nice as well. I mean I know our corp of recievers suck but that formation isn't going to scare any defense in terms of passing. And if you do use that formation at least throw in Hunter and LMJ at times with it. I would much rather see one of those guys catch the ball than Miller catch it since there would at least be a greater chance for a big play.

Again I've been critical of Roman but I do firmly believe everyone involved on offense has a hand in the struggles but I do think you have to work from the top down if you want to fix things and it starts with the coaches. If you keep putting players in unfavorable positions they are going to continue to struggle but if you put them in positions to succeed they'll eventually break out of the funk and start playing better.

Bingo! :agree:

At least try to make some use of what speed there is on this team. At least try to give the other team something to fear in the way of playmakers, big plays. I think Maioccio wrote that in our last two games the longest passes we had were less than 20 yards.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With our receivers, our QB and our O Line? C'mon now. I would go back to the more trick type plays. Use innovation to overcome our lack of talent like they did in 2011.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kap's running ability is the only thing that teams fear from him. His passing is the reason why teams are putting so many defenders in the box.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think if we don't start getting this offense going he should go. There is no reason for this offense to be this bad.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With our receivers, our QB and our O Line? C'mon now. I would go back to the more trick type plays. Use innovation to overcome our lack of talent like they did in 2011.

All we need to do is take a couple of shots at VD deep. If they are selling out to the run you should be able to get a favorable matchup somewhere.

Even if you don't complete them at least it's in the defenses head and they might back off or won't be so quick to charge in to stuff the run.

The thing about 2011 is we didn't do anything magical to overcome our lack of talent. The primary reason we won is our defense to use a hockey term "standing on it's head" that year. We had an amazing amount of takeaways and a little over 14 PTS/G.

In terms of offense we pretty much were towards the bottom the league in stats. Most of the problems we had on offense in 2011 still are the same today. We sucked passing the ball, we sucked on 3rd down, we took too many timeouts, etc.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This pisses me off:

Q: Why haven’t you been able to exploit that in the passing game.

ROMAN: I think it’s a function of making a few more plays. You look at that game, we make one or two more plays, we win the game. The week before, we make one or two more plays, we win the game. We’re always striving for improvement. We’re certainly not a finished product. I think those opportunities are out there and the roof is going to blow off. It’s going to pop. It’s coming if we keep working like we’re working. It will come.

Two thoughts: 1) We didn't make those plays and didn't win those games. 2) Even if we had, our offensive performance would still be poor at best.

To say, "Hey, we still could have won" when the offense has been so bad just infuriates me. Eking out wins with minimal offensive production should not be the benchmark for this team. Not to mention that his statement is tantamount to blaming the players. It may very well be their fault, but it's not like the playcalling has been exemplary.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pisses me off:

ROMAN: I think it’s a function of making a few more plays. You look at that game, we make one or two more plays, we win the game. The week before, we make one or two more plays, we win the game. We’re always striving for improvement. We’re certainly not a finished product. I think those opportunities are out there and the roof is going to blow off. It’s going to pop. It’s coming if we keep working like we’re working. It will come.

Two thoughts: 1) We didn't make those plays and didn't win those games. 2) Even if we had, our offensive performance would still be poor at best.

To say, "Hey, we still could have won" when the offense has been so bad just infuriates me. Eking out wins with minimal offensive production should not be the benchmark for this team. Not to mention that his statement is tantamount to blaming the players. It may very well be their fault, but it's not like the playcalling has been exemplary.

I agree with you but what Roman said was true. Gore catches that pass in New Orleans or the fumble and sack of Brees stand and the 49ers win that game. McDonald catches that pass against Carolina or they recover one of those back to back fumbles on Carolina's last drive and the Niners win that game. Not pretty, but sometimes quality teams play shitty but if they are a quality team they find a way to win ala Seattle.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree with you but what Roman said was true. Gore catches that pass in New Orleans or the fumble and sack of Brees stand and the 49ers win that game. McDonald catches that pass against Carolina or they recover one of those back to back fumbles on Carolina's last drive and the Niners win that game. Not pretty, but sometimes quality teams play shitty but if they are a quality team they find a way to win ala Seattle.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with his statement. I just don't think it comes close to excusing the woeful offensive performance, and specifically the struggles in the passing game. Even when the offense was clicking, it was all on the ground. When teams crowd the box, we have to be able to throw the ball. That's Roman's primary challenge at this point, and to date he has not answered it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I agree with his statement. I just don't think it comes close to excusing the woeful offensive performance, and specifically the struggles in the passing game. Even when the offense was clicking, it was all on the ground. When teams crowd the box, we have to be able to throw the ball. That's Roman's primary challenge at this point, and to date he has not answered it.

No it doesn't. Its inexcusable to be this inept on offense.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This pisses me off:

Agreed. Remember the Walsh days? He would try to be up by 31 points at the half, and then go for more in the second half. "Almost winning" with weakest pass game in the league = Nolan/Singletary.