• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greene & Penalties

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the guy but I have also been critical of him taking what seemed like too many penalties for the time he was on the ice.

It is nice when stats confirm what you think you are seeing, even when it's a negative for your team.

"His role leads him to taking the inevitable penalty, but a minus-14 penalty differential in 38 games stretched out over a full 82 would represent among the most lopsided negative penalty differentials in the league."

Player evaluation: Greene ? LA Kings Insider

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fail to see anything relevant there, his job is not to dance around with the puck and draw penalties. He crushes people, clears out the front of the net and gives an extra shot when someone is close to Quick. Early on he had a tough time adjusting to the new entering the zone rules but that went away for the most part.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fail to see anything relevant there, his job is not to dance around with the puck and draw penalties. He crushes people, clears out the front of the net and gives an extra shot when someone is close to Quick. Early on he had a tough time adjusting to the new entering the zone rules but that went away for the most part.

I tend to agree with this. Based on the nature of his game, he is going to take a ton more penalties than guys like say Lewis or Martinez or someone else.

Green usually takes a penalty because he is laying someone out and I'm completely OK with that. Send that message, and having a historically strong PK until since 2009 or so allows him to be aggressive because the chances of killing the penalty are pretty high.