• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest College Football WR of All Time

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best one I remember is Troy Edwards from LA Tech but Woods from OKST, Broyles from OU, Moss at Marshall, Crabtree at TTU... All studs

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to pick the greatest for me so I'll say the Ike Hilliard, Jaquez Green, and Reidel Anthony trio was something like I've never seen. Even when they destroyed the Vols it was impressive to watch those guys work on the field.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to pick the greatest for me so I'll say the Ike Hilliard, Jaquez Green, and Reidel Anthony trio was something like I've never seen. Even when they destroyed the Vols it was impressive to watch those guys work on the field.
Ive seen A lot of great Trojan receivers over the years. Nut I have to say as great as Jarret was Juju may be the better wr. @trojanfan12 what do you think. To me its not just his speed and playmaking. But his compassion level is inhuman. One of the most fun wrs I've watched was Carl Pickens got to give him a mention. Fitz is definitely at in my top 5

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Johnson was Paul Oliver's bitch in college.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen A lot of great Trojan receivers over the years. Nut I have to say as great as Jarret was Juju may be the better wr. @trojanfan12 what do you think. To me its not just his speed and playmaking. But his compassion level is inhuman. One of the most fun wrs I've watched was Carl Pickens got to give him a mention. Fitz is definitely at in my top 5

Yeah, I think I'd put Juju ahead of Jarrett. If for no other reason than I think Juju may be the toughest wide receiver I've seen.

I wish Mike Williams wouldn't have joined Maurice Clarrett or whoever it was that tried to challenge the NFL's rule about a player having to be 3 years out of high school or at least that the NCAA ruled differently when he tried to get reinstated. If he had been able to stay, he may well be in this conversation.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think I'd put Juju ahead of Jarrett. If for no other reason that I think Juju may be the toughest wide receiver I've seen.

I wish Mike Williams wouldn't have joined Maurice Clarrett or whoever it was that tried to challenge the NFL's rule about a player having to be 3 years out of high school or at least that the NCAA ruled differently when he tried to get reinstated. If he had been able to stay, he may well be in this conversation.
I agree Williams made a huge mistake. But Ive never seen anyone play with the COMPETITION :L level that Juju does. The guy always wants the ball and game in his hands. But also puts the team first.And he didn't fold when faced with injuries. He elevated his game. Thats not something many players do.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dewayne Jarret was a freak and I liked Marquise Lee along with Robert Woods ( I think they played a year or two together??). Kind of surprising Kiffin couldn't get a little more done with those two guys. I remember Keyshawn but that was the very beginning of the east coast getting to watch late games so I don't know much history about USC other than what we all saw on sportscenter... the 30 minute version cotdammit.

I was thinking about Carl Pickens as a homer pick. He was a bad dude. Started as safety as a freshman.

Carl-Pickens.jpg

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dewayne Jarret was a freak and I liked Marquise Lee along with Robert Woods ( I think they played a year or two together??). Kind of surprising Kiffin couldn't get a little more done with those two guys. I remember Keyshawn but that was the very beginning of the east coast getting to watch late games so I don't know much history about USC other than what we all saw on sportscenter... the 30 minute version cotdammit.

I was thinking about Carl Pickens as a homer pick. He was a bad dude. Started as safety as a freshman.

View attachment 117316
Woods and Lee were a great tandem. A lot of people forget Curtis Conway because he was another SC wr that never hit his expectations at the next level. I used to watch Vols games just to see pickens play. I would add JJ Stokes but I choose to forget him :L

Reactions: 006

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Mike Williams was a great WR..too bad he fucked it up by leaving after 2 years.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Mike Williams was a great WR..too bad he fucked it up by leaving after 2 years.
He went from a projected top 4 pick 1 on some boards. To A complete disaster trying to leave early. Had he stayed the extra year his draft stock doesnt drop imo. I understood Clarets decision given the circumstances. Williams trying to follow suit may have been the dumbest decisions I've seen a player make

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Jabar Gaffney. He had a couple great years at Florida before going pro and not living up to expectations. He had like, 30 TDs in 2 years there. David Boston is another guy who dominated in college and never put it together in the pros.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I looked up stats on Jerry Rice in College. Mississippi Valley State University

sophomore in 1982, caught 66 passes for 1,133 yards and seven touchdowns

Junior Season - Rice had a record-setting 1983 campaign, including NCAA marks for receptions (102) and receiving yards (1,450) and being named first-team Division I-AA All-America. He also set a single-game NCAA record by catching 24 passes against Southern University

Senior Season As a senior in 1984, he broke his own Division I-AA records for receptions (112) and receiving yards (1,845). His 27 touchdown receptions in that 1984 season set the NCAA mark for all divisions.

He finished his career with 301 catches for 4,693 yards and 50 touchdowns (some sources[who?] have the numbers as 310, 4,856 and 51); his NCAA record for total career touchdown receptions stood until 2006

His 1984 football team scored a point a minute per game.

He finished 9th in the Heisman.