• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great read on deflated balls.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, isn't Ditka an ESPN commentator?
He may be job hunting soon with an opinion like that.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just listened to an interview with Mike Ditka and he spoke glowing of Brady and Belichick and said he doesn't believe Brady did it, he doesn't believe it even matters, and that the NFL is to blame for the whole issue in the first place. I'll take the support of Mike Ditka over the hate of Don Shula any day.
Let me say it first; Ditka is senile and doesn't know anything about football. He also is on Kraft's payroll. He financed the drone the Pats had at OTAs and maybe the biggest thing, Brady let him see the naked pictures of Giselle that were on that infamous phone.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me say it first; Ditka is senile and doesn't know anything about football. He also is on Kraft's payroll. He financed the drone the Pats had at OTAs and maybe the biggest thing, Brady let him see the naked pictures of Giselle that were on that infamous phone.

Haha!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, isn't Ditka an ESPN commentator?
He may be job hunting soon with an opinion like that.

Maybe Ditka doesn't want to go down with the sinking deflategate ship like most of his colleagues will (especially that douche whine bag Brunell), although I don't think he's that smart.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wells report took months. They handed out the stiffest punishment imaginable in no time short, and now the ruling on the appeal is going to take forever? Only a complete Pats hater(and there's plenty) would think that this is anything but ridiculous.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wells report took months. They handed out the stiffest punishment imaginable in no time short, and now the ruling on the appeal is going to take forever? Only a complete Pats hater(and there's plenty) would think that this is anything but ridiculous.
League is effectively stalling.
1) if they are going to reduce or vacate - do it just before the season to bury the outcry in football talk.
2) if they are not going to budge. It puts the schedule of taking it to court in the middle of the season. Brady will have to try to stall until the end of the season. Gives him (some) reason to negotiate - want to or not.
It still won't work......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last thing the NFL needs is to have the Wells Report dissected in a court of law by professionals. Then try to defend the punishment for Brady against any other non drug related punishment in the history of the NFL.

Goodell knows that Brady is prepared to go to court. All of the bullshit about him having to admit to anything is fantasy. The Wells Report has nothing on Brady and The report states that Brady "probably" knew something, doesn't state that he 'did' know anything. If Brady's prepared to go to court and there's a possibility that he has to turn over his cell phone, don't you think his legal team has already poured over the phone?

Goodell has a team of people putting together his decision to revoke the suspension without falling on his sword.

Anything other than a reversal of the suspension will be expensive and Brady will get a stay. The trial won't get started until after Christmas and by the time a verdict or decision is reached, the season will be over.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to make a short drive yesterday and was listening to sports radio. the two guys on the show had a guest and he had some "facts" that he wanted to share about Deflategate and Roger Goodell's upcoming decision. The facts were all given to Ted Wells during the investigation, but they didn't fit with what the investigation was trying to accomplish. He said that several facts if used as testimony in court of law would be extremely damaging to people and organizations.

His first fact is one that is rarely if ever spoken about or discussed. When the game footballs were originally tested/checked at the factory, it's done in a room where the ambient temperature is between 72 and 76 degrees.

When the game balls were check at Gillette Stadium prior to the game, the room temperature was between 75 -77 degrees.

When the league "sting operation" tested the balls, it was on the sidelines where the temperatures never got above 51 degrees. The minimum temperature difference was 24 degrees.

Fact 2. The ball that was determined to be the softest, supposedly 2.0 lbs under the league minimum was the ball intercepted by Colts in the first half of the game. Immediately after bringing that ball to the Colts sideline, a Colts Equipment Manager (not attendant) inserted an air gauge into the ball and took a 'sight' reading. The same gauge was reinserted into the ball at least twice more before the NFL took possession of the ball. At least one measurement was recorded. That same ball was retested 3 hours after the game in a room (location unknown) where the ambient temperature was 72 degrees and the ball test pressure was recorded at 12.2 PSI.

Fact 3. All of the Patriots balls measured on the sideline that were under NFL minimum pressure were all at or above the league minimum just 1 hour after the game in a room with an ambient temperature of 72 degrees.

Fact 4. The Colts balls were also tested on the sideline and the testing was halted after only four balls were tested. One ball measured 12.5 PSI and the other three all measured below 12.2 psi.

After these facts were given, the radio guys started asking him for his opinion about other stuff and I had pretty much reached my destination. But he did say that so much misinformation had been given to different media people, himself included, that even the NFL had confused itself as to who knew what and what was ^^official
misinformation^^ and what was information that others had just made up. He said this may have been the real reason that Ted Wells was hired to investigate and at the same time, make the Patriots look somehow guilty to allow the NFL to clean up a mess that they let get out of control. The problem according to this person, is that the Wells Investigation actually made it worse.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ken what was the credibility of this person on the radio?
I mean, if even 1/2 of this is true it opens up a whole new chapter.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a national media type. I honestly didn't catch his name. I can't imagine anyone would be shoveling crap this late in the game. These guys have pretty much squeezed everything they can out of the story and I have to assume that he's just repeating something that he heard or read. There isn't any new science or angle on what happened, he just seemed to have put all of the facts that he had in sensible order. That is, unless you don't want to hear facts, then he's just another Patriots' bullshit artist.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a national media type. I honestly didn't catch his name. I can't imagine anyone would be shoveling crap this late in the game. These guys have pretty much squeezed everything they can out of the story and I have to assume that he's just repeating something that he heard or read. There isn't any new science or angle on what happened, he just seemed to have put all of the facts that he had in sensible order. That is, unless you don't want to hear facts, then he's just another Patriots' bullshit artist.
Thanks, like everyone I can't wait to see what comes out next, either leaked, appeal verdict or court?

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to make a short drive yesterday and was listening to sports radio. the two guys on the show had a guest and he had some "facts" that he wanted to share about Deflategate and Roger Goodell's upcoming decision. The facts were all given to Ted Wells during the investigation, but they didn't fit with what the investigation was trying to accomplish. He said that several facts if used as testimony in court of law would be extremely damaging to people and organizations.

His first fact is one that is rarely if ever spoken about or discussed. When the game footballs were originally tested/checked at the factory, it's done in a room where the ambient temperature is between 72 and 76 degrees.

When the game balls were check at Gillette Stadium prior to the game, the room temperature was between 75 -77 degrees.

When the league "sting operation" tested the balls, it was on the sidelines where the temperatures never got above 51 degrees. The minimum temperature difference was 24 degrees.

Fact 2. The ball that was determined to be the softest, supposedly 2.0 lbs under the league minimum was the ball intercepted by Colts in the first half of the game. Immediately after bringing that ball to the Colts sideline, a Colts Equipment Manager (not attendant) inserted an air gauge into the ball and took a 'sight' reading. The same gauge was reinserted into the ball at least twice more before the NFL took possession of the ball. At least one measurement was recorded. That same ball was retested 3 hours after the game in a room (location unknown) where the ambient temperature was 72 degrees and the ball test pressure was recorded at 12.2 PSI.

Fact 3. All of the Patriots balls measured on the sideline that were under NFL minimum pressure were all at or above the league minimum just 1 hour after the game in a room with an ambient temperature of 72 degrees.

Fact 4. The Colts balls were also tested on the sideline and the testing was halted after only four balls were tested. One ball measured 12.5 PSI and the other three all measured below 12.2 psi.

After these facts were given, the radio guys started asking him for his opinion about other stuff and I had pretty much reached my destination. But he did say that so much misinformation had been given to different media people, himself included, that even the NFL had confused itself as to who knew what and what was ^^official
misinformation^^ and what was information that others had just made up. He said this may have been the real reason that Ted Wells was hired to investigate and at the same time, make the Patriots look somehow guilty to allow the NFL to clean up a mess that they let get out of control. The problem according to this person, is that the Wells Investigation actually made it worse.

Holy Fucking Shit! I hope Brady burns the NFL to the ground. How any of the owners can back something this fucked up is beyond me. This shit has tarnished Brady's reputation.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more convinced that the other 30 owners that Kraft laid down for implemented this suspension. I have said this time and time again, this will be the last time I say it: The NFL fucked themselves when Kraft said "we will accept the punishment handed down" They got greedy and over step their punishment to please the other owners and the haters out there. They did not expect TB to take this to court. The assumed Kraft would tell TB to take it. Still pissed at Kraft for laying down, but I think his plan the whole time was to let Brady sink the NFL in court. I still think TB gets the 4 games....then the real fun will start.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more convinced that the other 30 owners that Kraft laid down for implemented this suspension. I have said this time and time again, this will be the last time I say it: The NFL fucked themselves when Kraft said "we will accept the punishment handed down" They got greedy and over step their punishment to please the other owners and the haters out there. They did not expect TB to take this to court. The assumed Kraft would tell TB to take it. Still pissed at Kraft for laying down, but I think his plan the whole time was to let Brady sink the NFL in court. I still think TB gets the 4 games....then the real fun will start.

I agree with everything except that I wouldn't be surprised if Kraft was thinking on behalf of the other owners when he dove. But that may be my resentment of Krafts buckling.

I think it's now a fight between the owners and the players association with Brady as their poster child. How can they lose?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel strongly that Kraft recognized that an owner suing the league that he himself owns over one of his emplyees actions on behalf of Kraft and the other owners - would not fair well.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel strongly that Kraft recognized that an owner suing the league that he himself owns over one of his emplyees actions on behalf of Kraft and the other owners - would not fair well.

that was my thought as well, that he knew that Brady was innocent and probably figured that Brady going to court would take care of what Kraft couldn't do.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was my thought as well, that he knew that Brady was innocent and probably figured that Brady going to court would take care of what Kraft couldn't do.

Except get those picks back.
Those are the "how do we slow down the Patriots" back stabs.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except get those picks back.
Those are the "how do we slow down the Patriots" back stabs.

IF the court agrees that the entire Wells report is a complete piece of shit, then I think Kraft makes a formal request to have the picks reinstated and any amounts already paid by Kraft for the fine are reimbursed. How can the other owners look him in the face knowing that the team did nothing wrong and yet are penalized? Every owner should be awake at night and be concerned if it plays out that way in court. It sets a really bad precedent for every other team.

Atro SYB

Massive Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Brady ball-sniffers are still trying to find a way to defend him? Seriously? Does the Tom Brady poster over your bed have old, brown spunk spots on it?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone left the troll door open again
th

sure..now it's closed.