• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great QBs debate

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should just have a @randymon and @cdumler7 thread where they can continue their ongoing, civil discussions. Always entertaining to say the least!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - and this wasn't the great QB debate I was referring to in the subject line.

I don't think Elway is all that sentimental when it comes to football value and how a guy fits into the team. I think it is fun to watch the Lynch and Siemian competition. However, when McCoy builds this offense to fit the players - it seems to me that Lynch and Siemian profile to very different offenses. I'll take Lynch out of the shot gun - last season his shotgun snaps gave him a 90 QB rating - it was that Kubes insisted Lynch learn how to QB from under Center as a primary formation. It is because Siemian and Lynch fit different kinds of offenses - that one should be anointed and one put on the shelf or shipped out.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. When you look at this draft, the veteran Qbs that could be available that are basically no better than back up material, I would be weary or reluctant , to trade either Lynch or Trevor considering what they cost and the late draft pick they would prob garnish anyway. Even if Elway is " obsessed " with returning to SB this year, who the hell would you trade a qb for that first off you feel extremely confident could do that, that a team would actually consider trading and that wouldn't cost you an arm and leg ? Cousins ,Romo, Garrappalo ? If either became available, they would be too costly and no given either. I think either Trevor or Lynch have a decent shot with a good line. If I was Elway and wanted to go all in and ballistic thinking.......I would ride out next two years (maybe he's going to be Jr this year ) with either Trev , Lynch or both, and sell the farm for Sam Darnold USC when he becomes available. ;)
In all reality though......I don't think Elway is inpatient, I think he knows there is work to do to get back to SB besides his Qb situation and I believe anyway, that he going to keep both this year anyway, and ride it out. Maybe ;)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't remember if I'm changing my mind here or not, but I agree with the sentiment that you keep both unless a great deal is made. Both have cap friendly salaries, both are young, and both are learning a new offense. If the hype either way (Lynch is great from the shotgun, but stupid), etc, then you really do need to keep both.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't give Lynch or Siemian the opportunity to play - you never know what they can do for you - you have to play them. I also think the Broncos will keep both - to hedge against the other - for this one more year.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Trevor play last year, almost the full year? He had one good game, VS Cincinnati that gave us all hope. I'm ready to see what Paxton can do.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Trevor play last year, almost the full year? He had one good game, VS Cincinnati that gave us all hope. I'm ready to see what Paxton can do.
First KC game was a great game. You don't have a little hope for TS after watching this play? My concern with both is they can't read defenses which means no matter how good you improve the line the defense can dictate everything if the QB can't come off his first read or always takes the short easy pass.