• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great game Vikings

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on how you look at it.
I love good defense, so I thought it was a great game. Niether offense could do much, almost no yac yards.
Sucked the way it ended, for one fanbase anyway..lol

I agree, if you like good defensive games, this was classic.
I loved it, and not just because the Hawks survived. Bridgewater was outstandng in his first playoff appearance. That team should dominate the NFC North next season. The Bears are a year or two away, and GB and DET are past their respective 'windows', IMO.

Bridgewater is really maturing. He doesn't have a ton of stupid mistakes, doesn't force throws trying to make great plays, will throw the ball away to avoid sacks and lost yards. Just what you want from a young QB with limited WR weapons, a great RB, and a solid defense.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on how you look at it.
I love good defense, so I thought it was a great game. Niether offense could do much, almost no yac yards.
Sucked the way it ended, for one fanbase anyway..lol
Yeah, I hear ya....some baseball fans prefer 1-0 games as well instead of 6-5. I just didn't come away from yesterday's game thinking we saw those teams play up to their abilities, which to me is what I want in the playoffs.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hear ya....some baseball fans prefer 1-0 games as well instead of 6-5. I just didn't come away from yesterday's game thinking we saw those teams play up to their abilities, which to me is what I want in the playoffs.

Maybe not, but they both adjusted based on the conditions. Seattle showed some real championship pedigree, being shut out for 45 minutes and then taking control in the 4th.

That forced fumble on AP was really the play of the game. I really felt like the Vikes were going to punch it in on that drive.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. Despite being a fan of a team who could have a major home field advantage because of elements, I am not a fan of football in terrible conditions if teams can avoid it.

The playoffs should be about who is the better team...not about who is the better team in terrible playing conditions.

Obviously not every team needs an indoor stadium....but the Vikes are one of those teams that should have one because there is little chance of playing a playoff game in the state where the conditions aren't horrible.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved it, and not just because the Hawks survived. Bridgewater was outstandng in his first playoff appearance. That team should dominate the NFC North next season. The Bears are a year or two away, and GB and DET are past their respective 'windows', IMO.

I look at Bridgewater and see a lot of Hasselback. Not the strongest arm, but smart and can distribute the ball. Surround him with enough talent, and you could win a Superbowl, so long as you don't play the Steelers. :)

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That forced fumble on AP was really the play of the game. I really felt like the Vikes were going to punch it in on that drive.

Well there was one more play that really was slightly more important. :gaah:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Well there was one more play that really was slightly more important. :gaah:

LOL...For me it was the botched snap.
Munnerlyn had him while Wilson was on the ground, but for some reason was about 3 yards in front of Wilson. If Munnerlyn would have come right at him on the side, he should have contained Wilson on that play.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Munnerlyn had him while Wilson was on the ground, but for some reason was about 3 yards in front of Wilson. If Munnerlyn would have come right at him on the side, he should have contained Wilson on that play.

Yeah.. that broken play seemed to turn game around for a bit. I was thinking the same about that player coming in from side.

To Wilson´s credit.. he does well on broken plays, scrambling and thinking on his feet. Not sure another QB in league could have salvaged that play. Most would have had to lay on ball and wait for defense to touch him down.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But no matter what happened before it, the game was WON. That is such a gimme kick.

I was actually upset that they were running plays trying to gain yards on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd down after getting down there in gimme range. Because if they would have scored a TD, it would have given Seattle over one minute to go get a TD.

To me the chances of the Vikes winning were greater taking 3 knees in that position, knowing Seattle will only have 20 seconds and no timeouts to go get 3 points than it is if the Vikes score a TD and Seattle has 1 min 15 seconds (and maybe some TO's depending on what play the Vikes scored on) to go get a TD.

And who knows? That maybe did cost the Vikes the game. If they take 3 knees there, they would have lined up Walsh on the right hash instead of the left hash where Walsh prefers the ball placed.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest. The Vikings suck, which is why you guys destroyed them just a few weeks ago. If this game were played in normal weather conditions, Seattle wins easily. I'm glad Carolina gets to face Seattle instead of an easy win against Minny.

If MN won, they would have travelled to Arizona as top remaining seed from WC.. Packers would have gone to Carolina as lower seed.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not, but they both adjusted based on the conditions. Seattle showed some real championship pedigree, being shut out for 45 minutes and then taking control in the 4th.

GREAT avatar! :thumb:

I dunno.... I felt the tide turning on that botched snap/broken play where Wilson was able to get it to the WIDE OPEN receiver. We've been susceptible to those. Talk about a heart breaker....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Vikings play with a lot of passiong. Good defensive game plan by Zimmer. With the deep pass seemingly off the table, they focused on the intermediate pass with good success.

Bridgewater showed some promise when he was able to throw in rhythm. The conditions were tough to throw the ball and running against the Seahawk defense has been futile this year.

A tough loss for sure but not one I think that will affect the team next year. If I were a Vikings fan I would be pretty optimistic. Bunch of guys on the defense that look to be studs for a while.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tough loss for sure but not one I think that will affect the team next year. If I were a Vikings fan I would be pretty optimistic. Bunch of guys on the defense that look to be studs for a while.

The chances of the Vikes winning the SB this year is about the same now as it would have been if they won IMO. They just weren't a complete enough team yet. Knowing that, this loss is a bit tempered and certainly not the gut punch of the missed kick in '98.

Looking forward to next season. Vikes are going to be MAJOR players in FA with the new stadium money to play with. And all of that money will go to fixing our OL and getting a bigger WR target opposite Diggs. And this year is certainly one to build on....

.....but I sure wish they would have found a little more conventional way to lose the damn game than our kicker missing a 99.5% kick!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GREAT avatar! :thumb:

I dunno.... I felt the tide turning on that botched snap/broken play where Wilson was able to get it to the WIDE OPEN receiver. We've been susceptible to those. Talk about a heart breaker....

Kind of a momentum shift play, yeah.

While the next-to-last Vikings drive was happening, I thought they would do three straight runs with AP or McKinnon, chewing up more clock and Seahawks time outs, and either score six or get the FG.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....but I sure wish they would have found a little more conventional way to lose the damn game than our kicker missing a 99.5% kick!

That kick is pretty far from a 99.5% kick. Just look at extra points this year.

Now factor in it was a playoff game winner and frigid and the odds drop significantly. Just look at the number of missed game winner/tiers over the last 10 or so years. It is a shockingly high percentage.

As a side note, Steven Hauschka tied an NFL record by hitting his first 14 playoff field goals.

Playoff kicking is different than regular season kicking. Just ask Adam Vinatiera and Mike Vanderjagt.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing the NFL could do is let the teams heat the balls when it gets that cold and actually make sure they're at the proper PSI range when they're rotated into the game. How fucking is it to check the pressure?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kick is pretty far from a 99.5% kick. Just look at extra points this year.

Now factor in it was a playoff game winner and frigid and the odds drop significantly. Just look at the number of missed game winner/tiers over the last 10 or so years. It is a shockingly high percentage.

As a side note, Steven Hauschka tied an NFL record by hitting his first 14 playoff field goals.

Playoff kicking is different than regular season kicking. Just ask Adam Vinatiera and Mike Vanderjagt.

In Peter King's article today he said kickers were 189 out of 191 kicks this season from that range. That's 98.9% accuracy. The football Gods were either looking out for us yesterday or they wanted to punish the Vikings for some reason because that kick should have went through.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Peter King's article today he said kickers were 189 out of 191 kicks this season from that range. That's 98.9% accuracy. The football Gods were either looking out for us yesterday or they wanted to punish the Vikings for some reason because that kick should have went through.

That kick was essentially an extra point(yes I know that this kick was 27 yards and extra points are 32 but I have to question how much difference that makes.

4 teams this year didn't miss an extra point. Every other team was below the 98.9% threshold.

The Vikings were at 89% for extra points.

Now factor in it was bitter cold. Then factor in it was a game winning kick in the playoffs.

Yes, Walsh should have made it. But it wasn't some incredibly unlikely event.