• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great front 7s have been our achilles heel

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 @ Carolina - Our run game was stifled all game and we struggled to move the ball. Had it not been for that great throw and catch and then the fumble caused on D we lose

Week 2 vs San Fran - We blew em out but offensively we didn't get anything going on until late late in the game where our defense set us up to score

Week 8 @ St Louis - Russell with only 139 yds passing and a big chunk of it was on that big catch by Tate. Marshawn also only 23 yds rushing

Week 14 @ San Fran - Russell under 200 yds passing and Marshawn bottled up

Week 16 today's loss - Russell probably had his worst game of the year today 11-27 throwing the ball.

THIS has to be a concern for us moving forward. We have all been cautiously optimistic all year saying once our o-line is back healthy things are going to be fine. Well they are back and mostly healthy and we are still getting dominated up front. Marshawn hasn't had more than 72 yds rushing for the past 4 games.

We need to figure this out and we need to figure this out quickly

1) Penalties
- 9 for 102 today, 9 for 85 vs San Fran two weeks ago, 8 for 50 last week vs Giants

2) Third Down Conversions
- 2-13 today, 3-13 last week vs Giants, 5-12 vs San Fran two weeks ago

3) Pass/Run Blocking
- Carpenter is terrible. He gave up at least 2 sacks today allowing the defensive player a free run at Russell

4) Receivers getting separation
- Defenses know we love to throw those jump balls, I think they've done a good job taking that away. Overall our guys just can't beat the defense's secondary on their initial routes. And it's not looking great with Kearse hobbled and Tate with a hurt thumb

I'm ready for the Rams game already. Shaping up to be a hell of a week 17 with Cards vs 49ers (win and get in), Rams vs Hawks (win and clinch home field), Eagles vs Cowboys (win and get in), and possibly Bears vs Packers for the division as well if they can come back to win today or if Bears lose tonight

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 @ Carolina - Our run game was stifled all game and we struggled to move the ball. Had it not been for that great throw and catch and then the fumble caused on D we lose

Week 2 vs San Fran - We blew em out but offensively we didn't get anything going on until late late in the game where our defense set us up to score

Week 8 @ St Louis - Russell with only 139 yds passing and a big chunk of it was on that big catch by Tate. Marshawn also only 23 yds rushing

Week 14 @ San Fran - Russell under 200 yds passing and Marshawn bottled up

Week 16 today's loss - Russell probably had his worst game of the year today 11-27 throwing the ball.

THIS has to be a concern for us moving forward. We have all been cautiously optimistic all year saying once our o-line is back healthy things are going to be fine. Well they are back and mostly healthy and we are still getting dominated up front. Marshawn hasn't had more than 72 yds rushing for the past 4 games.

We need to figure this out and we need to figure this out quickly

1) Penalties
- 9 for 102 today, 9 for 85 vs San Fran two weeks ago, 8 for 50 last week vs Giants

2) Third Down Conversions
- 2-13 today, 3-13 last week vs Giants, 5-12 vs San Fran two weeks ago

3) Pass/Run Blocking
- Carpenter is terrible. He gave up at least 2 sacks today allowing the defensive player a free run at Russell

4) Receivers getting separation
- Defenses know we love to throw those jump balls, I think they've done a good job taking that away. Overall our guys just can't beat the defense's secondary on their initial routes. And it's not looking great with Kearse hobbled and Tate with a hurt thumb

I'm ready for the Rams game already. Shaping up to be a hell of a week 17 with Cards vs 49ers (win and get in), Rams vs Hawks (win and clinch home field), Eagles vs Cowboys (win and get in), and possibly Bears vs Packers for the division as well if they can come back to win today or if Bears lose tonight

So am I. Just pissed off right now by the way the offense and SPECIAL TEAM performed today.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm finally over the loss

Here's to the Falcons coming up with a miraculous win tomorrow :suds:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are giving everyone problems though. The 49ers are probably going to finish 12-4, the Panthers are looking at a FRB, The Cards would be a WC team in just about every other season, and the Rams have one of the best pass rush in the league. We make offenses look horrible as well. I'm not happy with how the offense looked but we've had a pretty tough schedule.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bevell does not know how to deal with pressure.

i have said all year that his horrific play calling would cost us a game and it finally did. no excuse for getting 3 points out of two 1st and goals within the 10 yard line.

if we lose to the rams, bevell has to be fired.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I said I'm over the loss but I just went over the game and analyzed it play by play.

We left way too many points on the board and gave away too many points with stupid penalties

- Our first scoring drive (2nd quarter)...3rd and 3 on the Arizona 4! Guess what...false start and now instead of third and short we are third and long and settle for 3

- 11:38 left in the 2nd. Tate's big return gets us to the Arizona 43. Ends up in a 3 and out. No points.

- Zona's first scoring drive (late 2nd quarter). It's 3rd and 17 and we play this soft prevent zone. Cards get the first down and get the field goal.

- End of the half. False start by Gresham. Then Hauschka misses the chip shot. From the 1 I don't think he misses that wide left

- Beginning of the 3rd. Russell scrambles for 27 yds and gets to the Arizona 42. We come away with no points and punt it 27 yds (wtf ryan)

- 11:07 in the 3rd quarter. Another big punt return by Tate gets us to the Arizona 47. Guess what...ANOTHER 3 and out. No points

- 3:30 in the 3rd. We stuff the Cards on a 2nd and 6 run to force 3rd and long. But Bennett gets caught with an unfortunate face mask. 15 yards and they get into field goal position. 3 points.

- 13:13 in the 4th. We stuff the Cards on a 1st down run........but then Tony "My emotions are more important than the team" McDaniels gets hit with a 15 yard personal foul. This moves them right into field goal position

- Arizona's final scoring drive. We knew they were going to run. They were completely scared to pass. 2nd and 9 on our 45 and we give up a 10 yard run to Ellington to put them in field goal range. Now they end up scoring the TD. But if we stuff them right there and get 3rd and long at the 45 out of field goal range. I don't think we throw the all out blitz on third and give up that long pass to Floyd.

This loss is completely on the offense. The defense has been playing at a championship level since the bye week and the offense outside of the Saints game has been completely inefficient.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This garbage with rotating the LG between Carp and Mcquis has to stop. Just pick a guy and go with it. I know neither are very good but you need to stick with a guy to build continuity. Clearly the guard play is a major weakness on this team.
Tough front 7's give everyone problems. We put up 34 points on these guys on the road without our tackles last time. There is no excuse for just laying an egg like that on offense. I mean only 2 drives lasted more then 4 plays yesterday. RW had easily his worst game missing at least half a dozen throws I remember.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one thing about Bevell, he loves loves LOVES using the sidelines (or outside the hashes) in passing situations 99% of the time.

AZ sold out in making sure they took the sidelines away making Wilson hold on to the ball too long and Bevell didn't adjust. The one TD drive Seattle did have, they finally went down the middle twice and look what happened. AZ got burned and they moved the football with ease to get in to scoring position. I hope they're paying close attention to that on film this week.

Also 8 first downs (16 total for AZ) given up by penalties. Inexcusable...

Plenty to be fixed, but confident they'll be prepared.

Last edited by a moderator:

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time against STL, Lynch had 8 carries for 23 yards the entire game and the Hawks had 44 total rushing yards, so this game is going to lie solely on RW's shoulders to win. I hope he is up to the challenge this week, because he certainly wasn't yesterday.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell had nothing yesterday. He misses a lot of throws and somehow makes us forget by hitting those long ones. He hit very few yesterday. The sky is falling. RW has been shown to be nothing more than ordinary. Maybe he should spend less time on film and spend more time on his accuracy.

Bevell needs to open up the play book and quit calling long plays down the field when RW is running for his life behind a stinker of an offensive line. Run, run, scramble and than punt!

Next draft they really need to find some offensive lineman who can block somebody. Our pass protection is poor and Marshawn is getting hit in the back field way too often. Not long ago people were calling for Tom Cable to get a raise. Maybe he should get a pay cut. After 4 years with this coaching staff we have a really good team. With some really big holes! Why can't our receivers get away from all these DB's? They practice against the likes of Sherman and Thomas, haven't they learned anything?

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I maybe need to lighten up on Wilson. My kids and now my grand child all have #3 jerseys. A pink one for the baby girl.
But he still played crappy on Sunday!
Happy Bah humbug!........... Santa, please bring us an offensive line for Christmas.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thought on how to help the OL( and they do need help), watching the 49ers vs Falcons, the WRs were chipping the DEs of the 49ers, just a simple shove. It looked effective to some degree. Looks like an idea the Seahawks could use.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the pass protection has been alot better, especially since the last St. Louis game. Its the run blocking that has taken a nose dive. Obviously the guard situation is a mess. People complain about Bevell not calling enough goal runs for Lynch, but its because the line gets no push. I mean 1st and goal on the 3 and Lynch got stuffed twice. Even the week before when he scored in New York it was because he pushed the pile himself.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the pass protection has been alot better, especially since the last St. Louis game. Its the run blocking that has taken a nose dive. Obviously the guard situation is a mess. People and goal on the 3 and Lcomplain about Bevell not calling enough goal runs for Lynch, but its because the line gets no push. I mean 1stynch got stuffed twice. Even the week before when he scored in New York it was because he pushed the pile himself.

And posters wonder why Bevell gets cute on short yardage. Really hard to be a OC when your OL can't pass block and then can't even run block.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And posters wonder why Bevell gets cute on short yardage. Really hard to be a OC when your OL can't pass block and then can't even run block.
Exactly. I dont think he's the next hot head coach candidate like some of the media overrates him to be but he's not the main problem. I dont think we have drafted a decent lineman since Cable came. Okung and Unger were here when Cable was brought in. Maybe Bowie and Bailey will be guys we can count on but Moffit and Carp have been flops. I dont think you can blame injuries either.