• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Graves To Replace Shannahan In Department Of Player Safety?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Duff of The Windsor Star, via 30 Thoughts, mentions that there is some speculation that Adam Graves could replace Brendan Shanahan in the NHL’s Department of Player Safety. (Bob Duff)

Graves currently works for the Rangers in Hockey and Business operations.

From the Rangers media guide this season:

Returned to the Rangers organization on July 19, 2005 in a dual role that uses his myriad of abilities in both the on- ice and off-ice areas of the organization. In this capacity, Graves works with the club’s hockey personnel to advance the development of key Rangers prospects, while also assisting in the development and execution of the organization’s many community outreach programs as well as marketing and sponsor- ship initiatives.
Graves plays an integral role in strengthening the bond between the team and its fans while developing future Blueshirt loyalists. He is involved in a variety of youth hockey and season subscription events, and is instrumental in supporting the efforts of the Garden of Dreams Foundation through appearances, media interviews and participation in the fulfillment of fund- raising auction experiences.
With a keen eye for talent, Graves has become an essential member of the hockey operations department. His ability to lend support and direction, both on and off the ice, has benefited many key prospects within the Rangers system. He is also involved in free agency signings and the NHL Draft with the Rangers as well as the development of players with the Hartford Wolf Pack
For more on what Graves does in the community and his work with the Garden of Dreams foundation, CLICK HERE.

Brian Leetch is currently the Manager of Player Safety.

SNY Rangers Blog | A New York Rangers Blog That Goes Into The Corners

That would be awesome for Gravesy! I hope he does.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Pens fan...irony.

As a hockey fan... worse choice than Shanny

Seriously, who could they get that would be a worse, MORE ironic choice? Ulf Samuellson? Darius Kasparaitis? Sean Avery?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol all former Rangers mentioned above. How ironic.

I would like Leetch to take over, but I doubt it

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol all former Rangers mentioned above. How ironic.

I would like Leetch to take over, but I doubt it

First off all, when I think of Ulf, I think Pens and Darius, I think Isles. I guess if you take cheap shots, you will make your way through the Rangers organization. *zing*

Leetch might be a good choice. I would also like Gartner, Niedermayer, Calle Johansen, Sakic, Eric Desjardins, Joel Otto... Hawerchuk. I would have also liked Linden or Yzerman, but they both got better jobs.

Guys who played the game with their heads as much as their bodies.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off all, when I think of Ulf, I think Pens and Darius, I think Isles. I guess if you take cheap shots, you will make your way through the Rangers organization. *zing*

Leetch might be a good choice. I would also like Gartner, Niedermayer, Calle Johansen, Sakic, Eric Desjardins, Joel Otto... Hawerchuk. I would have also liked Linden or Yzerman, but they both got better jobs.

I wasn't taking a shot at you, just pointing out that all 3 have played here. Lol

If Leetch would move from his other position, it would be nice. But who knows.

I do agree with most of the names you mentioned above, though, like you said , Linden and Stevie Y have better jobs. Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Sakic still working with the Avalanche?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a239e_ORIG-house_ohsnap.gif

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we pick a Lady Byng winner, eh?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, all these names mentioned...who could be a better crime prevention expert than an ex-con? :)

Graves, Claude, Ulf, Darius...with Cooke as a paid informant. Perfect.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, all these names mentioned...who could be a better crime prevention expert than an ex-con? :)

Graves, Claude, Ulf, Darius...with Cooke as a paid informant. Perfect.

As long as Esa Tikkanen gives the video explanations...

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Esa Tikkanen gives the video explanations...

I guess not being able to understand a single fucking word of the explanation can be any worse than being able to understand what Shanny said...just not why he was said it :suds: