• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade Your Team’s Draft

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was good with the 49ers first two.picks but not so much after that. Failed to address secondary until last pick. Dont care for Hurd pick at 3 and punter was a waste. Could have picked up a corner with one of those spots

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post your team’s draft picks and give your thoughts, and/or an overall grade.

Be as thorough or brief as you’d like.

Ask me mid way through the season and I'll give you an accurate assessment....Right now it's still "hope they can make the transition " phase....
But I do like our 6th rd QB pick, hopefully he can step in and take over when these other 2 bums fall flat...I'm just sayin'

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask me mid way through the season and I'll give you an accurate assessment....Right now it's still "hope they can make the transition " phase....
But I do like our 6th rd QB pick, hopefully he can step in and take over when these other 2 bums fall flat...I'm just sayin'
Not gonna lie, I really wanted him on the Browns. McSorely isn't Baker, but he's sugar-free Baker. I think in a pinch he could've come in and still run the offense to an extent.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guenther runs a zone-based 4-3.

Fine. So you are saying Ferrell is the 2nd best 4-3 end in the draft? You can make the argument to make Oliver a 4-3 DE. Anyways White and Oliver were the two best defensive players on the board and they passed on both. Plus we don't know if they passed on trade down offers. Of course anything can happen but its the worst pick in the draft right now.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid B

Went in with 4 picks and walked away with 11 picks. Very nice to add depth and hopefully a couple of picks will make a big splash.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine. So you are saying Ferrell is the 2nd best 4-3 end in the draft? You can make the argument to make Oliver a 4-3 DE. Anyways White and Oliver were the two best defensive players on the board and they passed on both. Plus we don't know if they passed on trade down offers. Of course anything can happen but its the worst pick in the draft right now.

You could, but that's not the position he played. He's a 3 technique DT in the NFL most likely. As far as what we don't know, I'm not going to guess. Keep the discussion simple.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B

1st Round--DT Jeffrey Simmons
2nd Round--WR AJ Brown
3rd Round--OT Nate Davis
4th Round--S Amani Hooker
5th Round--OLB D'Andre Walker
6th Round--ILB David Long

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle’s draft...

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you include the players we got last year with this years' second round picks, then A+ easy. 24th pick netted us Khalil Mack while our second rounder got Anthony Miller. Because of not having those picks, the Bears didn't have a lot to work with. Considering our roster is set as far as starters go at most positions, here you go:

Rd. 3 (73): David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State. A. RB was the one position of glaring need despite having Mike Davis and Tarik Cohen already. David Montgomery compares closest to Kareem Hunt, is a super high character guy, a hard worker and definitely what this offense was missing last year.

Rd. 4 (126): Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia. B+. The Bears say they were stunned he was still available and there were a lot of analysts saying he was BPA. As far as the position goes, we lost Kevin White but picked up Cordarelle Patterson and have Javon Wims (another GA receiver from last year) waiting in the wings. Ridley doesn't have a solid place right now but hard to argue with drafting BPA when you have so few needs.

Rd. 6 (205): Duke Shelley, CB, Kansas State. B+. Good athlete and a ballhawk but he's undersized and not an exceptional athlete. Will only ever be a slot CB is appears. He looks to be a great kid though with some potential and we need some more secondary talent to develop behind our great starters.

Rd. 7 (222): Kerrith Whyte Jr., RB, FAU. D. Not a position of need after signing Mike Davis, having Tarik Cohen and drafting David Montgomery. He doesn't project to be a good running back really other than having blazing speed. The coaches have already talked about him as a special teams player more than anything.

Rd. 7 (238): Stephen Denmark, CB, Valdosta State. B. Late round flier at a position of need. His measurables are outstanding at 6'3" 220 with a 4.46 40. Was a WR for year 1 and 2 of his college career only switching to CB last season. He's a raw talent with high upside, something you should be taking to develop as an immediate special teams player and possible contributor down the road.

Overall: B

The only other starting position to be realistically addressed would be RG where Kyle Long is older and seemingly always hurt, but they're not going to draft a rookie in the 4th+ and replace one of the locker room leaders with him. Still, we needed some depth there to develop. Luckily we grabbed a couple guys, namely OG Alex Bars from Notre Dame, as undrafted free agents with some potential to make the team.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Round 1 (22nd overall): Andre Dillard. - Fantastic value since he was top 10 pick on many boards
  • Round 2 (53rd overall): Miles Sanders. - Miles was under valued on a lot of boards.
  • Round 2 (57th overall): JJ Arcega-Whiteside.- Some had him graded 1st round
  • Round 4 (138th overall): Shareef Miller.- Project and a reach
  • Round 5 (167th overall via New England): Clayton Thorson - Great Value
Overall I would go B-, I thought they did pretty good with filling positions that needed a serious youth change that could start within a year with the small amount of picks they had this year.
Is it still "great value" when he gets cut today?

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not thrilled about the Lions taking a TE with the #8 over-all pick. The upside is... no-special-needs of holes to fill in this year, just addressing depth.

B+ ...regardless of the so-called-experts.

Round 1: T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
Round 2: Jahlani Tavai, LB, Hawaii
Round 3: Will Harris, S, Boston College
Round 4: Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson
Round 5: Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State
Round 6: Travis Fulgham, WR, Old Dominion
Round 6: Ty Johnson, RB, Maryland
Round 7: Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia
Round 7: PJ Johnson, DT, Arizona

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not thrilled about the Lions taking a TE with the #8 over-all pick. The upside is... no-special-needs of holes to fill in this year, just addressing depth.

B+ ...regardless of the so-called-experts.

Round 1: T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
Round 2: Jahlani Tavai, LB, Hawaii
Round 3: Will Harris, S, Boston College
Round 4: Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson
Round 5: Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State
Round 6: Travis Fulgham, WR, Old Dominion
Round 6: Ty Johnson, RB, Maryland
Round 7: Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia
Round 7: PJ Johnson, DT, Arizona

Great job by the Lions to address depth...Now that the depth is out of the way, they can look for better starters next year

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s early. Very early. But this may be one of the Patriots best drafts in a long time. Lots of rookies looking good.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early but ok. B-

Metcalf, Blair and Alimdi have impressed.

Jennings is meh.

But after finding a Stud like Jazz Ferguson. BTW thanks to your teams letting a 6'5 WR who runs a 4.45 go free for a few problem and youthful indiscretions.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lookin better- especially Darwin Thompson, but not all roses. Solid considering no 1st round pick and Clark is legit as a football player- even if they overpaid.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that I can remember is that the Pats may have a serious project with Stidham as future QB. Hoyer is a team player and warrior, they will probably put him in PS again, to pull him out if needed. Seems Hoyer is that kind of guy that is there when you need him.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets cut?

It’s at this point in the list that we can finally in good conscience begin our dissection of what the historians will someday look back on as Clayton Thorson’s stirring last stand as a member of the Eagles active roster. It ended about as well as some other famous last stands, with a barrage of passes that occasionally went further than a few yards down field but only once or twice struck in the vicinity of their intended target. Twice on the game’s opening drive, Thorson completed passes that lost yardage. His final line: 12-of-26, 84 yards, no touchdowns, one interception.

In a sham of a game, Clayton Thorson didn’t show much, and it might not matter | David Murphy

“Great value!”

- Eagle fan boys