• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Got one more for you. Davanta Freeman or jerrick mckinnon

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While that's all true...his opportunities came in a system designed for Adrian Peterson...mostly. He did quite well once given the shot in a system designed for Dalvin Cook. His game is Taylor made for the things Shanny likes to do..much like Freeman's is.

I sure ain't saying that your wrong, just that it isn't so cut and dry. His previous 4 years isn't an apples to apples type equation.

A hybrid type back landing in a system like that coming from a primarily straight ahead power game, is similar to say a WR from Cleveland landing in New England, or New Orleans. Its a world of difference
Treff I have to say I hear intelligent things come put of everyone's mouth on here. But that was incredibly insightful man. I was leaning mckinnon before this post. After reading some comments I was back on fence but this comment sold it for me. I appreciate everyone's in put. Thanks guys

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to @Stomp 's points... in the last 3 seasons, there has only been 1 RB to average 15 games, average at least 95 all-purpose yards per game, and average more than 11 TD. Freeman.
Zeke has only played 2 seasons but has better averages than Freeman.
Hunt, Kamara and Fournette also have better averages but only have 1 season under their wings.
I see the attraction to McKinnon.
Seems to have turned the corner to a "breakout" status and now gets a shot as "the guy" in an improved Niners offense.

But Freeman is already there. He's more durable than Bell, McCoy and Gurley (games avg) and is leaned on in the redzone.

With McKinnon, you're HOPING he will achieve what Freeman has already been doing.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff I have to say I hear intelligent things come put of everyone's mouth on here. But that was incredibly insightful man. I was leaning mckinnon before this post. After reading some comments I was back on fence but this comment sold it for me. I appreciate everyone's in put. Thanks guys
Great, so it'll be my fault if it falls through.

Wait..you're not Bree's...nevermind

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to @Stomp 's points... in the last 3 seasons, there has only been 1 RB to average 15 games, average at least 95 all-purpose yards per game, and average more than 11 TD. Freeman.
Zeke has only played 2 seasons but has better averages than Freeman.
Hunt, Kamara and Fournette also have better averages but only have 1 season under their wings.
I see the attraction to McKinnon.
Seems to have turned the corner to a "breakout" status and now gets a shot as "the guy" in an improved Niners offense.

But Freeman is already there. He's more durable than Bell, McCoy and Gurley (games avg) and is leaned on in the redzone.

With McKinnon, you're HOPING he will achieve what Freeman has already been doing.
If we're looking at Freeman's last three years, let's look at the whole picture though..not just averages across all three years.
Yards per game decreased every year
Rushing attempts per game decreased every year
Targets and receptions decreased every year
receiving yards immensely decreased every year.

Just saying, the new OC is not as Freeman friendly. This is no longer the offense that produced the 1600 all purpose yards 50+ catches, and double digit tds.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say the only previous year that means anything towards predicting Freeman's production, was last year. The previous two just aren't the same situation

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While that's all true...his opportunities came in a system designed for Adrian Peterson...mostly. He did quite well once given the shot in a system designed for Dalvin Cook. His game is Taylor made for the things Shanny likes to do..much like Freeman's is.

I sure ain't saying that your wrong, just that it isn't so cut and dry. His previous 4 years isn't an apples to apples type equation.

A hybrid type back landing in a system like that coming from a primarily straight ahead power game, is similar to say a WR from Cleveland landing in New England, or New Orleans. Its a world of difference
Great points. Although I still think his ceiling is low. Shanny's system should show us the truth.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a bunch of smokescreens in this thread. There is another thread somewhere that I said I wasn't that high on McKinnon and a bunch of people jumped on me and told me I was an idiot and he was going to put up huge numbers in San Fran.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh Foot - you already said somewhere that McKinnon was faster. ... don't try and put the burden on Treff's shoulders. I already knew which you'd pick regardless. ....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a bunch of smokescreens in this thread. There is another thread somewhere that I said I wasn't that high on McKinnon and a bunch of people jumped on me and told me I was an idiot and he was going to put up huge numbers in San Fran.
Well I’m not on the McKinnon bandwagon, but certainly some are. Did they actually call you a idiot, or just say they thought you were wrong?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Foot - you already said somewhere that McKinnon was faster. ... don't try and put the burden on Treff's shoulders. I already knew which you'd pick regardless. ....
:lol: He usually has his mind made up before posting his threads. Just looking for someone to agree with his point of view. Got to give him credit though, Foot somehow does A OK in leagues.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I’m not on the McKinnon bandwagon, but certainly some are. Did they actually call you a idiot, or just say they thought you were wrong?
They called me an idiot, then said bad things about my mama. They also said that I have a flair for the dramatic.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: He usually has his mind made up before posting his threads. Just looking for someone to agree with his point of view. Got to give him credit though, Foot somehow does A OK in leagues.
Harold your are correct but I do love everyone's point of view and usually I get the reinforcement I'm looking for but some times I am truly I'm the fence.

Love having you guys all here for these trade ideas. And always bit always do I learn something I didn't about a player based on the guys comments.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I love Mckinon. I really do. But I was on the fence with Freeman. I think I gave up a little more in this deal but I love mckinnon so it was worth.

Like always I was trying to gage each guys value. That's why I feel very lucky to be part of our brotherhood. It's nice having great opinions at your finger tips.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thanks for the compliment too Harold.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait

Wait

Wait

How is mckinnon fooling everybody?

I don't understand.
Ok so he switched teams.
He doesn't stay healthy.
He can't carry a full load.
He's still a former QB trying to play RB.

What am I missing?