• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goran Dragic "most underrated player in the NBA"

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insider article from ESPN. They had a list of overrated and underrated and here's the excerpt on Dragic:

Underrated
Goran Dragic, PG, Phoenix Suns

Western Conference scout: "I think he can do what he's done this year for the next four or five years. We all saw Dragic play in Europe, and he couldn't make a shot over there. He was fast. He can run, he can jump, he's fast-twitch. And he's made himself into a shooter.

Goran Dragic has kept the Suns right in the thick of the playoff hunt.
"You go underneath the pick and he's going to make shots. He's really good. It's a credit to his work ethic. He's a little bigger than you think he is. He's thick and he's strong. To have a team with no other stars that lost Eric Bledsoe to injury be in the playoff hunt in the West? He's a damn good player."

Eastern Conference scout: "He's got it all. There's nothing he doesn't do well. If there's anything, it's that he may not have the greatest speed. But with the ball in his hands, he's fast, and he gets by people. He's got a great first step and he's quick as hell when it comes to that.

"He can make open shots, he's big, he's got skill and he can finish. I love size. I don't like small guards. I think a big point guard is an advantage. I've seen enough of him to know that if I was a GM and I needed a point guard, I'd do whatever it takes to get him. If I was looking for a point guard, he'd be right at the top of the list. I think he's the real deal."

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...duh! I never liked the idea of getting rid of drago in the first place. He has only improved EVERY single year in the nba! Now is just his time to shine.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insider article from ESPN. They had a list of overrated and underrated and here's the excerpt on Dragic:

Underrated
Goran Dragic, PG, Phoenix Suns

Western Conference scout: "I think he can do what he's done this year for the next four or five years. We all saw Dragic play in Europe, and he couldn't make a shot over there. He was fast. He can run, he can jump, he's fast-twitch. And he's made himself into a shooter.

Goran Dragic has kept the Suns right in the thick of the playoff hunt.
"You go underneath the pick and he's going to make shots. He's really good. It's a credit to his work ethic. He's a little bigger than you think he is. He's thick and he's strong. To have a team with no other stars that lost Eric Bledsoe to injury be in the playoff hunt in the West? He's a damn good player."

Eastern Conference scout: "He's got it all. There's nothing he doesn't do well. If there's anything, it's that he may not have the greatest speed. But with the ball in his hands, he's fast, and he gets by people. He's got a great first step and he's quick as hell when it comes to that.

"He can make open shots, he's big, he's got skill and he can finish. I love size. I don't like small guards. I think a big point guard is an advantage. I've seen enough of him to know that if I was a GM and I needed a point guard, I'd do whatever it takes to get him. If I was looking for a point guard, he'd be right at the top of the list. I think he's the real deal."

... thanks for posting.

Dragic is versatile, he can thrive both with and without the ball, and his size and length render him a difficult cover for most point guards.

And, yes, he has really improved his shooting ability, especially off the dribble.