• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell proposes automatic ejection rule

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, ninersick actually catapulted himself into oblivion.
:D

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a number of folks here referring to changing the outcome of a game based upon losing a player. This once again seems to fly in the face of the injuries-are-no-excuse crowd. If injuries are no excuse, how can expulsions be a valid reason for impacting a game?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He thinks players should be automatically ejected if they are flagged for two personal fouls in a single game. This reminds me of getting two yellow cards in soccer and getting ejected. I think I might favor such a rule change.

Goodell proposes ejection for two personal fouls
So, it will take effect at the same time the NFL head office gets to communicate with officials?????

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is a violent sport, so is hockey. I don't think you can achieve what you want here by adopting rules that emulate a non violent sport like soccer. In the NHL, you have a match misconduct penalty, which is the most severe penalty, when one player deliberately attempts to injure another. The player is ejected from the game and fined. Something along these lines may work better.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a number of folks here referring to changing the outcome of a game based upon losing a player. This once again seems to fly in the face of the injuries-are-no-excuse crowd. If injuries are no excuse, how can expulsions be a valid reason for impacting a game?
The difference being that the refs are making the decision. An injury is unfortunate but not decided by another.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference being that the refs are making the decision. An injury is unfortunate but not decided by another.

Regarding it's impact upon the game, that's no difference at all.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you like about it? Pauses every five minutes to untangle these idiot players showing off. There's nothing I like more than a game with good fair smashes, but when you break the rules you should be ejected. Plays to the integrity of the game. How many clean smash-mouth games have you seen with few penalties called? Those are the good ones. Cheap shots are exactly that, players who look for a cheap shot.

I dunno. I like an intense game. Either way.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they are talking about a nit pick foul. Most surely this is a direct result of that Bengals-Steelers game that was as dirty as you can get.

They may not be referring to nit pick but it opens the door for that to happen...And it will, these refs are very inaccurate far too often already, don't make more room for their blunders...
They already had rules in place to eject those players and they were too incompetent to do it, what makes you think another rule will make them any better ? :scratch: