• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell Apologises!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An apology from Goodell will be closer to this. "I'm sorry to our fans that one of the NFL major stars is a cheater, who has so far managed to wiggle his way out of being held accountable due to a lame ass puss judge".

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The facts are that Goodell would cut off what's left of his penis before apologizing for Deflategate even if an apology is due the Patriots, the NFL viewers and anyone else in the country who's been subjected to this for the last year.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can always start with the games the Patriots beat the Steelers. God knows there were enough of those.. ;)

"Ground Control to Mike Tomlin, Come in please"

Another Cheatriot deflection....

Thread isn't about the Steelers, but since you want to bring them up

6 is greater than 4
8-2 is greater than 4-4

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The facts are that Goodell would cut off what's left of his penis before apologizing for Deflategate even if an apology is due the Patriots, the NFL viewers and anyone else in the country who's been subjected to this for the last year.

Good thing it's not due then.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I was wrong. Simply put, I was wrong. I let accusations based on questionable suspicions get the best of me. I lost control of my employees. I let a small story spiral out of control, all in the name of media attention and all so that I could restore my reputation. But I was wrong......."

If Roger Goodell Were To Return Patriots' First-Round Pick, Here's What He'd Say

This is a pretty lame attempt to make it appear as though Goodell said any of that. You're just hoping that between your title of the thread and your fake Goodell quote some dumb people will be stupid enough repeat this as if it really happened. Goodell isn't going to apologize any time soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if he still tries to push for the Brady suspension in an appeals court.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the more time passes on this, the more people are realizing what a boondoggle it was/is..

Not all feel that way of course. There's always the die-hards. :)

It was a boondoggle because the NFL is incompetent.

Not because the cheaters didn't cheat.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who think that the NFL should just drop the deflategate trial just don't understand the issues involved.

The judge's ruling that overturned the Brady suspension is so ground-breaking and precedent setting (and idiotic) that the NFL has no choice but to fight.

The ruling basically makes it so that the NFL can not suspend players for types of cheating that are not directly spelled out in the CBA. It was an absolute moronic ruling because it is impossible to map out every type of possibly cheating and the consequences in an agreement like that.

Brady wasn't found to be innocent of the charges.
Brady wasn't found to be punished too severely.
The judge's ruling was that the NFL didn't have a right to punish Brady.

When you view it like that, you can understand why so many people were surprised and appalled by the ruling. This ruling opens the floodgates to types of cheating in the NFL with absolutely no means of punishing those who get caught.

This is the reason the NFL has to fight this even if for PR reasons they might just want this to all go away at this point.

The NFL needs to have the ability to protect the integrity of the sport. The judges ruling stripped away that ability. It is why this legal battle can't stop no matter what Goodell or anyone else thinks of the deflatgates charges anymore.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who think that the NFL should just drop the deflategate trial just don't understand the issues involved.

The judge's ruling that overturned the Brady suspension is so ground-breaking and precedent setting (and idiotic) that the NFL has no choice but to fight.

The ruling basically makes it so that the NFL can not suspend players for types of cheating that are not directly spelled out in the CBA. It was an absolute moronic ruling because it is impossible to map out every type of possibly cheating and the consequences in an agreement like that.

When you view it like that, you can understand why so many people were surprised and appalled by the ruling. This ruling opens the floodgates to types of cheating in the NFL with absolutely no means of punishing those who get caught.

This is the reason the NFL has to fight this even if for PR reasons they might just want this to all go away at this point.

The NFL needs to have the ability to protect the integrity of the sport. The judges ruling stripped away that ability. It is why this legal battle can't stop no matter what Goodell or anyone else thinks of the deflatgates charges anymore.

Great post. And it actually goes beyond the NFL. Other labor unions are watching what happens in this case because it can have huge implications for CBA's even outside of sports.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. The reasoning was absurd.

Notice of a suspension for an issue that had never happened before in the history of the NFL?

Leagues need to have some ability to protect the integrity of the sport when new things come up.

That's exactly why the broad language granting Goodell the power in the CBA even exists. Because both sides knew they couldn't come up with every situation at once.

Not to mention the 2nd circuit has been pretty favorable to professional sports leagues IIRC.