• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Luck Marco Bad Motor Scooter Scutaro

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Win a ring, bring back more-or-less the same team by over-paying a few guys, miss it the next year, then up the salary spending to bring in new blood while paying 10s of millions to players who aren't performing, and the fairy godmother waves her wand and spread pixie dust on the team so that they win it the year after.

If you think you know how to run the team better than the current FO, well, it's a free country but you won't find many here that agree with you.

Obviously Sabean isn't perfect and obviously he has made mistakes...but he's way better at this than you.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah. Win a ring, bring back more-or-less the same team by over-paying a few guys, miss it the next year, then up the salary spending to bring in new blood while paying 10s of millions to players who aren't performing, and the fairy godmother waves her wand and spread pixie dust on the team so that they win it the year after.

Spoiled much?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as much as they seem to like winning rings

No doubt. I give Sabean the benefit of the doubt in what the team has done overall. Hard to argue with the results. I would add that while we can still support this FO overall, doesn't mean that we can't question certain signings.

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. I give Sabean the benefit of the doubt in what the team has done overall. Hard to argue with the results. I would add that while we can still support this FO overall, doesn't mean that we can't question certain signings.

I think we all agree he's made some bad moves, because ALL GMs do. But his percentage of hits vs misses is among the best in baseball and has been for a long time. Some fans like to feel smart by noting all the times they knew a deal was a bad one....but their percentage if they were in charge would be FAR worse.

As would their results. I truly feel an organization that errs on the side of loyalty in signing popular contributors, maybe to unwisely long deals, will do better over time than a purely mercenary team. The baseball gods are real, and chemistry is a thing. We certainly didn't win our championships by having the most talent every year.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NL Notes: Miller, Jenkins, Gwynn, Scutaro – MLB Trade Rumors

It looks like Scoots is not walking away from the game. If this article is accurate, then one of these scenarios must be true...

1) Scutaro refused the assignment to Sacramento, which is his right as a vet

or

2) The Giants decided they had enough depth in the org at 2B/3B and did not want to commit to the recovery process.

Either way, it does not appear to be the happy-happy, joy-joy ending that we thought it was. I did find it interesting that Scoots was never seen in the dugout during the playoffs and did not appear at the parade. I wonder if the Giants were a little miffed at the delay Scutaro took in deciding to have his back surgery. I mentioned at the time of the announcement that the timing was quite odd.

:noidea: