• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good article on the state of the Seahawks

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 7 Wrap-up: The Mighty Start Falling «

Barnwell, and Roberty Mays, write some of the best stuff out there these days on football. This article pretty much nails it.

To sum up.

Our DL has been poor particularly in comparison to last year.
Our RZ defense has been atrocious. We had one of the best last year. We have one of the worst this year.
We aren't getting turnovers.

These are things to be concerned over and could lead to the team missing the playoffs.

However, there are plenty of reasons to believe the team will bounce back and regress to mean on RZ defense and turnovers.

And I doubt will have another game where our special teams will be this bad.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read. Nothing particularly shocking, but the writer did a good job of finding the numbers to confirm what we've all been seeing.

My takes:

- I'm not worried about takeaways. I think those will come in time. Not at last year's rate, but somewhere in the middle.

- I also think the red zone D will improve. I don't see any reasons why it shouldn't positively regres some; just stay away from personal fouls on 3rd and 25.

- Defensive line is definitely a major concern, and if we continue to struggle, I suspect this will be the most notable reason. There is absolutely zero pressure on the QB, and we're pretty much as healthy as we'll be there this year.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen quite a few near interceptions and if we keep getting our hands on the ball on defense, at some point those near interceptions are going to become interceptions. There have been opportunities, but they've literally slipping through fingers.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May see some blitz in the near future IMO. Pete mentioned they had to change things up because what they have been trying hasn't been working.

As for the TOs, well that should improve, but not going to reach last years stats.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams have adjusted to the short dink and dunk passing game against us. It isn't WR hurting us much as TE's and RBs out of the back field. Just like the Chargers did the Rams were successful in mostly short passing and getting the LBs in space. Teams have made that adjustment us against us. Now we must make the counter adjustment.