• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going to my 1st NFL game this Sunday!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my brother Chiefs tickets for his birthday. How early should we arrive? Should we have fun with the tailgate crowd before the game? Anything else we should know?

We go to KC every year for other activities and a friend with us lives in KC, so I don't need to know what there is to do in KC, just Arrowhead.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a great time!

My son went to a Chiefs game two years ago and said the KC folks know how to tailgate.
Arrive early

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my brother Chiefs tickets for his birthday. How early should we arrive? Should we have fun with the tailgate crowd before the game? Anything else we should know?

We go to KC every year for other activities and a friend with us lives in KC, so I don't need to know what there is to do in KC, just Arrowhead.
If it was me, I would go downtown and get some of that delicious KC BBQ, unless you are preparing you're own tailgating experience.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we were just there on the mo side of KC about 3 weeks ago visiting my brother in law .. we go there about 3 times a year .. you have to get some kc bbq or steaks

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been to Arrowhead quite a few times. I've actually been to Chiefs games more than Broncos games (best friend is a Chiefs fan and family has season tickets every year so he takes me every once in a while). I would recommend going early. The tailgating experience for many in KC is more exciting than that of the game. These guys spend months getting ready just for tailgating at these games. Now not sure how much they will share. Some of them are very gracious. I was wearing my Elway jersey and still had some of them offer food to me. Usually before the game when they are not quite drunk they are much more friendly than after the game. Still you might want to take your own cooler with food and grill if you have the ability just in case you can't find any places that want to share.

Also they do have a lot of activities going on next to the stadium a few hours out so I would recommend walking around the stadium and seeing what all is going on as well. Especially if it is a nice day a lot of the radio stations have booths set up where you can win some prizes.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
The best thing about the great tailgating venues is the great aromas. Have a great time! It is way cool you are doing this for your brother. That makes it even more special.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring earbuds so you don't have to listen to that annoying and pathetic tomahawk chop and chorus.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have yet to go to an NFL game :L

Wow...the games seem a little quicker live...even though the action stops for commercials they have other stuff going on.

That said...I plan on going to a Falcons game the new MB Dome just to say I've been to it, but I prefer watching at home.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't stop whoever is in charge of the tomohawk music!
Yeah, they have a job to do I suppose, but it's nothing like when the Braves was winning on the regular...if you hate it, you really hated it then...the tomahawk chop and chant is hardly noticeable lately....the 3 game sweep over the Mets in NY was nice though.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...the games seem a little quicker live...even though the action stops for commercials they have other stuff going on.

That said...I plan on going to a Falcons game the new MB Dome just to say I've been to it, but I prefer watching at home.

Well the issue is Metlife stadium is out of the way for me and tickets are extremely pricey. If i wasn't so far out in New Jersey, I would have been to several games already.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congrats - I haven't been back since the upgrades, but Arrowhead is an awesome venue to catch a game. If you're in the upper decks, just take care (especially after downing a few) - the stairs are pretty steep. If you want to tailgate - I believe the lots open 4 hours prior to kickoff.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the issue is Metlife stadium is out of the way for me and tickets are extremely pricey. If i wasn't so far out in New Jersey, I would have been to several games already.

I hear ya...not sure what part of NY you're in, but I lived in NJ and the Meadowlands was a lot closer to the city than it was to the Princeton, So Brunswick area. Both teams were always sold out for the season, but I've seen the Jets play there a few times, never the Giants...tickets were much harder to come by and a lot more expensive than Jets. I saw the Giants (actually every NFCE team) play in Philly. We used to get vendor tix to the Eagles a lot...the Panasonic sales guy was real good about taking care of my group....but it was the old Vet...fans are probably still bad, but they were really bad back then...especially the 700 level.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya...not sure what part of NY you're in, but I lived in NJ and the Meadowlands was a lot closer to the city than it was to the Princeton, So Brunswick area. Both teams were always sold out for the season, but I've seen the Jets play there a few times, never the Giants...tickets were much harder to come by and a lot more expensive than Jets. I saw the Giants (actually every NFCE team) play in Philly. We used to get vendor tix to the Eagles a lot...the Panasonic sales guy was real good about taking care of my group....but it was the old Vet...fans are probably still bad, but they were really bad back then...especially the 700 level.

I'm all the way in Brooklyn. I went to Metlife once in my life and that was for a concert. Going there wasn't too bad that day because I work in Manhattan and went straight from work but going home was such a bitch. So yeah going to a game from Brooklyn on the weekend would be a headache.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty excited. I even spent $80 for a gold parking ticket.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all the way in Brooklyn. I went to Metlife once in my life and that was for a concert. Going there wasn't too bad that day because I work in Manhattan and went straight from work but going home was such a bitch. So yeah going to a game from Brooklyn on the weekend would be a headache.

Agreed, that's a haul, but worth it at least once. Crossing Manhattan to get to the GW bridge is the worst part probably. Back when I worked in the city, you could get around going north and south pretty well driving, but going east and west during rush hour or a major event may be the worst traffic in the US.

Some of the stadiums I've been to...NJ/NY, MIA, TB, ATL, CAR, NO, TN, CHI, PHI, WAS, DAL...fortunately I didn't have to pay for a lot of those. That said, I have never been to a Steeler game in PIT...that's on the list at least once.

A trip to ATL to check out your Saints vs the Falcons would be a good trip....I'm sorry, NO is a good spot for food/music, but a dump otherwise.