• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goin' For Three

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass coverage is horrendous. Niners can't get off the field. only had one drive the entire 3rd quarter and that was killed by Taylor's drop.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the first 59 minutes....I don't really care how many passing yards and TD's QB's get in this era. I'm pretty sure I can throw for 3 bills in todays game. The only thing that really matters when it comes to onfield play from the position - 3rd down conversions, end of half and end of game drives.

1 minute left and with ease....Jimmy G gets us in FG range.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say with as many close games they lost early in the season if they had traded for Jimmy G before the season they might be in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how much does Jimmy G speed up the re-build process.
They're sitting on a ton of cash and I"m sure thay have the cap space

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it has to speed it up some. The cap space and draft picks will be spent some on Jimmy G and hopefully someone to throw the ball too or keep him upright.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked good in 2 starts in NE. Yea, but it's NE. Can he play well on another team?
He looks good in 2 starts in SF. Yea, but can he play well against a good team?

This start was better than the last 2. And it was against a playoff team. And he led the team down the field for the come from behind win. First time we've had back to back 300 yard passing games since Garcia. ...Grop is the real deal. ...I can barely believe it.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked good in 2 starts in NE. Yea, but it's NE. Can he play well on another team?

This start was better than the last 2. And it was against a playoff team. And he led the team down the field for the come from behind win. First time we've had back to back 300 yard passing games since Garcia. ...Grop is the real deal. ...I can barely believe it.

Yeah but Tenn is folding...etc. etc. People keep saying stupid stuff about the greatest players of all time...the 'yeah but' routine. JG teamed with a great playcaller/schemer in Kyle Shanahan could be something interesting for the next decade or so.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget the first 59 minutes....I don't really care how many passing yards and TD's QB's get in this era. I'm pretty sure I can throw for 3 bills in todays game. The only thing that really matters when it comes to onfield play from the position - 3rd down conversions, end of half and end of game drives.

He's pretty good! I hate to even bring this up but his presence and the way he comports himself on the field remind me of Montana. They only punted once and that's because Taylor dropped a first down pass that was right in his hands.
They gotta figure out how to get the ball in the end zone though. Down close where skill and the ability to beat your man one-on-one are really required, their lack of talent at the skill positions really show up.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank goodness for Gould. He is money!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is going to be a place where players want to come now. They got a young team, a young coach, a good QB and a ton of cash.
If 5 and 8 teams are technically still alive this year then the 49ers will be contenders next year..............as long as Garopollo stays healthy.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has to speed it up some. The cap space and draft picks will be spent some on Jimmy G and hopefully someone to throw the ball too or keep him upright.
With Garcon back, and Goodwin continuing to improve, they might be formidable. If Taylor would quit fumbling he could be a productive slot guy as well.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All three were good in my opinion.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gotta figure out how to get the ball in the end zone though. Down close where skill and the ability to beat your man one-on-one are really required, their lack of talent at the skill positions really show up.

You just said it...the lack of talent. It's pretty clear that JG is the biggest reason for the success of M. Goodwin, K. Bourne, etc. etc. With Garcon returning next year, a season under their belts from the guys on the roster, including Garoppolo. Perhaps pick up another guy in FA or the draft.

Just be happy that by far, the biggest issue on the team seems solved.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just said it...the lack of talent. It's pretty clear that JG is the biggest reason for the success of M. Goodwin, K. Bourne, etc. etc. With Garcon returning next year, a season under their belts from the guys on the roster, including Garoppolo. Perhaps pick up another guy in FA or the draft.

Just be happy that by far, the biggest issue on the team seems solved.
Agreed. I'm seeing , now that we have a QB, that Shanahan develops some pretty good pass routes.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how much does Jimmy G speed up the re-build process. They're sitting on a ton of cash and I"m sure thay have the cap space

If you went with a college QB instead of Jimmy G, odds are you are probably getting someone who is going to take a season to a season and a half before they are producing it is a steep learning curve. Jimmy G is ahead of college qbs in his ability to play in the NFL

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy G is the first 49er QB since Jeff Garcia in 2001 to throw for at least 300 yards in two consecutive games. That is 16 NFL seasons. Crazy

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr has been inconsistent this year. Some have said he has regressed but I think the Raiders made a huge mistake letting their OC walk at the end of last year.

Yea I think that's the big difference over in Oakland. I just wasn't completely sold on Jimmy coming out and firing like he did. It wouldn't have made a difference though...the guy I played had Gurley who went out and beasted on the Hawks.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm playing in the finals this week in my league I don't own Jimmy though. I think he's available but I have Cousins and Cam Newton so I should be ok. The good news for me is I have Elliot back to go with Bell, Gore, Julio Jones, Crabtree and Kyle Rudolph.