• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Colorado?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I feel about the playoff rankings. There's a hypothetical situation where Michigan could end up going to the playoff. I don't think Michigan should have a shot, but apparently we do. And of course I'd like to win a national title, or the shot at one, but I can't imagine the lifetime of shit we'd get from OSU fans after losing to them. Losing to OSU, no big ten title and a shot at a national title? Huh?

But, whatever, go Colorado. Why not.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the title "Scenerio Village" not get to back of the bus you aren't sniffing the playoff.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the title "Scenerio Village" not get to back of the bus you aren't sniffing the playoff.
Based on the comments from the committee members today, it seems like they actually are. They kept reiterating that basically conference championships don't matter and they're ranking, "Four best teams in college football."

Or

"Hocutt reiterated that there is a VERY small margin of separation between Washington and Michigan. He said they spent close to 2hrs on them"

or

"Hocutt on Michigan: "They have 3 wins against top 10 teams. They played an impressive game this past weekend, despite the loss.""

I think our chances are better than I thought they were prior to today. Which is ridiculous, but I'll take the ridiculous system. Based on the comments, if Clemson or Washington win, it would seem Michigan makes it in.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the BCS is figuring that the way to piss the least people off is taking a team that didn't win the conference title over the champ vs. taking 2 from the same conference and pissing off an entire conference by snubbing them. Seems stupid either way. Just let 8 teams in and have a legit playoff and all the problems would go away. Would anybody give a shit if USC were left out at #9? I'm not bashing USC, they're playing great. But them getting left out wouldn't be any sort of controversy whatsoever in an 8 team playoff.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT and Colorado are going to have so many damn fans this weekend.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think regardless of what happens between PSU and wisky in the CCG, if Clemson or Washington lose, I think Michigan moves up to 4.

the committee better hope and pray Clemson and Washington win, but it will open up a huge can of shit arguments. they'll have a mess to deal with.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think regardless of what happens between PSU and wisky in the CCG, if Clemson or Washington lose, I think Michigan moves up to 4.

the committee better hope and pray Clemson and Washington win, but it will open up a huge can of shit arguments. they'll have a mess to deal with.

I think people would love a Michigan/ohio state rematch. I know I would. That said. If I am a fair person (which I am not), There are several teams I would select before Michigan. Harbaugh/Saban or Harbaugh/Meyer would be a big draw. Saban/Meyer is also a huge draw. If they're looking for ratings Michigan/ohio state II is the way to go.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people would love a Michigan/ohio state rematch. I know I would. That said. If I am a fair person (which I am not), There are several teams I would select before Michigan. Harbaugh/Saban or Harbaugh/Meyer would be a big draw. Saban/Meyer is also a huge draw. If they're looking for ratings Michigan/ohio state II is the way to go.

If so, I'd have Michigan at 4 playing bama.........

then OSU gets clemmy....... I want revenge on those bastards.

it would be damned amazing if mich and OSU ended up in the NCG........

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
55a1e0300ca2f331d6cf0d52fef81515.gif

Skoooooo Huskies!!!!!!

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the BCS is figuring that the way to piss the least people off is taking a team that didn't win the conference title over the champ vs. taking 2 from the same conference and pissing off an entire conference by snubbing them. Seems stupid either way. Just let 8 teams in and have a legit playoff and all the problems would go away. Would anybody give a shit if USC were left out at #9? I'm not bashing USC, they're playing great. But them getting left out wouldn't be any sort of controversy whatsoever in an 8 team playoff.

Of course #9 being left out would be a controversy. College basketball lets in 68? with the play in game and there is always teams moaning that they didn't get in.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course #9 being left out would be a controversy. College basketball lets in 68? with the play in game and there is always teams moaning that they didn't get in.

So don't leave em out.. hell invite #10 as well and let em both tailgate in the parking lots.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but the point is that nobody really gives as much of a crap vs. this sort of thing.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If so, I'd have Michigan at 4 playing bama.........

then OSU gets clemmy....... I want revenge on those bastards.

it would be damned amazing if mich and OSU ended up in the NCG........

That would be amazing ... if we could make a no bitching rule and let the game be played and called on the field.

The hate would be unbelievable.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking if the Huskies make the CFP USC goes to the Rose Bowl.
The discussion has been. If the Huskies win the PAC. SC would have the only win against the PAC champion.And the head to head over Colorado. I guess we'll see after the final play off rankings are released

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St.'s worst nightmare is a rematch against Michigan, on a neutral field but more importantly, with neutral refs.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the media would still stir up "controversy" even with an eight team playoff. Ratings = $$$