• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GM Jerry

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry gets a lot of credit for wanting to win and his willingness to spend money on players. But my question is this...who has a worse set of NFL coaches than the Cowboys? Who the Hell would want JG, Callahan and Kiffen running the show? Honestly, pick a week, flip flop the coaching staffs, and tell me when we wouldn't improve. Chip doesn't seem to have a problem being the Head Coach and calling the plays. I didn't see the Eagles getting flagged because they couldn't get the damn play in. What about the Green Bay game, do you think McCarthy blows a 23 point freaking lead? Absurd

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, as much as we sit here and argue the greenbay,bronco and lions game killed the season. Lack of commitment to the run cost us a chance to sit our starters tonight. The packer and lions game were given away and I think that it is time for a new oc and dc. Callahan and kiffen need to be jettisoned.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do kind of want garret gone as well, but am unsure just who would replace garret?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, as much as we sit here and argue the greenbay,bronco and lions game killed the season. Lack of commitment to the run cost us a chance to sit our starters tonight. The packer and lions game were given away and I think that it is time for a new oc and dc. Callahan and kiffen need to be jettisoned.

Yep, JG may only be directly responsible for 1-2 losses a year, but in the end, that's the difference between winning divisions and missing the playoffs

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot the number misfit, lil red......

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yep, JG may only be directly responsible for 1-2 losses a year, but in the end, that's the difference between winning divisions and missing the playoffs
It starts with Jerrah. He named a pass happy OC his play caller and gave his pass happy QB more say in the offense. The tone was set by him as well as his picks. The dline next year will be a true weakness and the safety position is still a mess. Oh, and we are over the dap with a ton of guaranteed money to an aging QB with two back surgeries, our 3rd wide receiver, an aging Ware and a no longer on our team Rat....Death. By Jerrah!

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
JG still has not learned as well. 30 more passes in a two point game at home with a porous defense....oh my. A draw on that last pass play gets us 10 plus yards!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JG still has not learned as well. 30 more passes in a two point game at home with a porous defense....oh my. A draw on that last pass play gets us 10 plus yards!

Did anyone else watch the GB-Chicago game? Two QB's who are a little better than Orton, and their coaches never abandoned the run. JG will never learn

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry gets a lot of credit for wanting to win and his willingness to spend money on players. But my question is this...who has a worse set of NFL coaches than the Cowboys? Who the Hell would want JG, Callahan and Kiffen running the show? Honestly, pick a week, flip flop the coaching staffs, and tell me when we wouldn't improve. Chip doesn't seem to have a problem being the Head Coach and calling the plays. I didn't see the Eagles getting flagged because they couldn't get the damn play in. What about the Green Bay game, do you think McCarthy blows a 23 point freaking lead? Absurd

I can't complain much about the coaching this week. I would have used a time out quicker at the end, but JG always hoards his last TO for a FG or emergency and it usually costs us time. Why sit there and let them waste a full 40 seconds? If waiting until you have the ball to use it, you surely wouldn't waste that much if without a TO. You would be in control to snap it after 20 seconds or so. Also thought the 4th and one play was a bad call IMO. I agree with going for it, but why pass the ball there and why that play with no options? If you run on 3rd down and leave yourself one yard, you should run on 4th down. Any completion gets you 3 yards, so if you are too scared to run on 4th and one, don't run on 3rd either and give yourself two chances to get it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cowboys will never be any good no matter who the HC is until JJ fires the GM and brings in someone who will listen to the coaching staff and the scouts when it comes to signing players to contracts, the draft and free agents.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to know who is a better option that is attainable.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cowboys will never be any good no matter who the HC is until JJ fires the GM and brings in someone who will listen to the coaching staff and the scouts when it comes to signing players to contracts, the draft and free agents.

Indications are it's the opposite. Jerry has too many people in his ear.

Who said you should be listing to your coaches come draft day? Let the scouts do their job.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indications are it's the opposite. Jerry has too many people in his ear.

Who said you should be listing to your coaches come draft day? Let the scouts do their job.

i trust the scouts and coaches to know who meets our needs and when to draft them. JJ doesn't listen to anyone. he locks on a player and drafts him when he wants him, point in fact, last year Frederick was graded as a late second or 3rd round pick. JJ bypassed 3 or 4 defensive players who were selected by other teams and started for them by trading down in the 1st and then picking frederick disregarding inputs from his scouts & coaches about a stronger need than center. he turned out to be a positive pick but how many mistakes has JJ made in the 25 years he's owned the team because he doesn't listen to the people he pays

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Garrett is that bad a coach. Kiffen was a terrible hire and the Callahan hire didn't make much sense to me either. More than anything else, its the players' fault, not the coaches...and by association its the GM's fault for gathering said players.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cowboys will not make the playoffs as long as Garrett is the coach here. Him and Romo never have learned from their mistakes.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cowboys will not make the playoffs as long as Garrett is the coach here. Him and Romo never have learned from their mistakes.

sadly Duane, I think you may be right.

The combo of those two with jerry as the ring master sure smells of snake bite luck and sports karma to me

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Jerry actually say this? He is friggin delusional...

@DMN_George: Jerry Jones: "It's important to me that we have the kind of success that our fans want, and I’m the best one to ultimately make decisions."

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@DMN_George: Jerry Jones: "It's important to me that we have the kind of success that our fans want, and I’m the best one to ultimately make decisions."

LOL is he saying he will be the next head coach? :laugh3: no wait .... :bawling:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't have the time to research it, but I would truly like to know the Cowboys record when Jimmy and Bill were the coach here, and say the first two years after they left when the next coach was still coaching their players. Compare that to the record of every other year in the Jerry era. I bet the difference would be amazing