• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ginger

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't post on here anymore if you're gonna call us lucky to win a game against your precious Cardinals.

I knew you loved them the most.

But you've went from respectable poster to "annoying".

I cannot believe the way you are acting.

Don't you dare say you like the Rangers.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinkin the same thing you cant root for 2 teams to be honest.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Cards board she mentions how the Rangers shouldn't put up much of a fight and that the Cardinals are on their way to title #11.

I don't care that she's a Cardinal fan, but this board's been had.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fellas relax, she's entitled to her opinion. In her defense, put yourself in her position. Imagine you moved to St. Louis or some place else. Your #1 team is the AL Texas Rangers, however, you now live in St. Louis or SD or wherever, and you're a baseball fan, you like the local team which is part of the other league than your favorite team. It's natural for you to be a fan of the team in your new city because it doesn't interfere with your fandom of your original favorite team. Then the unthinkable/believable happens: Your new home team makes the WS against your beloved original team, the Rangers. Who do you pull for? I'm pulling for the Rangers every time, and so would each of you. That doesn't mean you don't like the other team, too. You just know which one is #1.

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas relax, she's entitled to her opinion. In her defense, put yourself in her position. Imagine you moved to St. Louis or some place else. Your #1 team is the AL Texas Rangers, however, you now live in St. Louis or SD or wherever, and you're a baseball fan, you like the local team which is part of the other league than your favorite team. It's natural for you to be a fan of the team in your new city because it doesn't interfere with your fandom of your original favorite team. Then the unthinkable/believable happens: Your new home team makes the WS against your beloved original team, the Rangers. Who do you pull for? I'm pulling for the Rangers every time, and so would each of you. That doesn't mean you don't like the other team, too. You just know which one is #1.

you're missing the point:

i dont care she's a cardinals fan

but she had all these good things to say about the rangers

and all of a sudden it's "we got lucky we got a win"

i call bull crap

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i call bull crap

Fair enough bro. I think she's human and just letting her emotion get in the way of reason. We're all guilty of it at times. I think StL got lucky in game one. However, after watching both of these games, I'd say either side can say the opposing team got lucky to win the game they each won. Am I right?

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i call bull crap

Couldn't agree more. A Benedict Arnold in drag.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gingers have no soul ... GO RANGERS

gingers-have-no-soul-its-true-look-at-this-24144-1263856531-85.jpg

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said something on the main board too. She hasn't responded to anything.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you guys, a bunch of fascists?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No just irritated that ginger all of a sudden turned heel and all of a sudden believe the cardinals are so far superior.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well she's always claimed that she likes the Cards more, I don't see how that's a heel turn. It's pretty natural to be happy that your two favorite teams are playing each other, only to quickly revert back to homerism for the true favorite team. I don't blame her. Besides, she's an intelligent poster and it's always good to have fans of the other team to argue with. Makes the board more interesting. At any rate, asking her to leave is really lame. We can all rub it in her face when the Rangers win!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well she's always claimed that she likes the Cards more, I don't see how that's a heel turn. It's pretty natural to be happy that your two favorite teams are playing each other, only to quickly revert back to homerism for the true favorite team. I don't blame her. Besides, she's an intelligent poster and it's always good to have fans of the other team to argue with. Makes the board more interesting. At any rate, asking her to leave is really lame. We can all rub it in her face when the Rangers win!

Ummmmmm......

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/st-louis-cardinals/48936-where-fuck-all-cardinal-fans.html

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind that she's pulling for her home team. I mind that its become such blind homerism and that she basically thinks the rangers ought to feel lucky to even be on the same field as the cards. That she expected her precious cardinals to score 5-6 runs on CJ, or that Texas' win was just lucky last night.

It's not like Colby shut down their "superior" lineup most of the game. It's not like the rangers mostly gold glove caliber & superior infield made outstanding plays. It's not like Ian didn't do an incredible job of stealing second on the best catcher in baseball at throwing out runners. It's not like Elvis hit a legitimate line drive off motte. It's not like Hamilton and young did exactly what was asked of them and brought their runners home. It's not like feliz came in and made their hitters look silly or anything.

Oh and talk about luck? Could Craig have hit that pitch more off the end of the bat in game 2. Nine times out of ten that's an out. How's that for luck?

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:becky:

It was a flukey win. My goodness, some of you guys went from being worried about being the new Buffalo Bills to naming MVP's after a 2-1 win. As far as I am concerned the series is up for grabs. Cardinals weren't going to win all of their home games and neither are the Rangers. I'll admit, I thought the Cardinals were going to win in 5. In my opinion the match ups just favor the Cardinals. After the last couple of series I have no faith that Holland, Harrison or Wilson will be able to keep the Cardinal offense in check. Sorry, but that is my opinion. Also, going to think Lohse and Jackson are going to have real problems as well.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah cause Harrison didn't strike out a career high in game 4 of the alds. And Wilson showed signs of getting it back together last game. I would be much more worried about your 3&4 pitchers than ours. Especially in Arlington playing AL ball. See my previous post before calling game 2 a flukey win ginger.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:becky:

It was a flukey win. My goodness, some of you guys went from being worried about being the new Buffalo Bills to naming MVP's after a 2-1 win. As far as I am concerned the series is up for grabs. Cardinals weren't going to win all of their home games and neither are the Rangers. I'll admit, I thought the Cardinals were going to win in 5. In my opinion the match ups just favor the Cardinals. After the last couple of series I have no faith that Holland, Harrison or Wilson will be able to keep the Cardinal offense in check. Sorry, but that is my opinion. Also, going to think Lohse and Jackson are going to have real problems as well.

Your probably Right about Holland and Wilson. But Harrison has been Nails. He's become a really good pitcher. Sporting a 2.80 FIP in the last 3 months of the season. And has pitched solid games in the Postseason. I still like our chances of taking 2 out of 3 at our ballpark. We will see what happens of course. But Cardinals also got lucky in game 1. Berkmans freaken single for gods sake. a baltimore chop! We will see who's words will be eating after this series. :peace:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harrison has been money so far. He's been very good in both of his starts. Remember he gave up a run in his first ever playoff appearance as a reliever in game 1 of the ALDS (chalk this up to nerves). Truth be told, if the Rangers didn't have Ogando, he'd have pitched deeper in both of his games. He pitched well, but it was about Wash (doing the right thing) and using the weapon that is AlexK Ogando in both of those games to effectively end the game by getting it to Adams/Feliz.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gingers have no soul ... GO RANGERS

gingers-have-no-soul-its-true-look-at-this-24144-1263856531-85.jpg

Now that is an adorable baby. Really, some of you guys should start looking in the mirror from time to time. It will knock those overinflated ego's right back down.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also people seem to forget that the Rangers are better than the phils in every aspect of the game except Starting pitching. Although our staff is pretty good too.