• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GIF of Bryce Harper getting kicked in the face

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1734_1396297155.gif

Almost looks intentional

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't see the game but this GIF clearly says there should be a fine and penalty. Bryce has every right to the base without getting kicked. basic rules.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't see the game but this GIF clearly says there should be a fine and penalty. Bryce has every right to the base without getting kicked. basic rules.
I want whatever you're smoking.

He slides late and rises up into the fielder, passed the base. That slide was designed to cause a collision. It's too bad if that collision he initiated ended up getting him a knee to the head.

There should be no fine or penalty. If you really believe that, I suggest you put down the pipe.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't go in hard & pop up, he doesn't get kicked in the face.

Anyways, it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was obviously incidental from the follow through.

Also he was past the base at impact. You can't blame the fielder for that.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want whatever you're smoking.

He slides late and rises up into the fielder, passed the base. That slide was designed to cause a collision. It's too bad if that collision he initiated ended up getting him a knee to the head.

There should be no fine or penalty. If you really believe that, I suggest you put down the pipe.

Exactly. But I hope he was being sarcastic.:noidea:

This happens often in baseball. Try turning two while straddling 2nd base with a runner bearing down on you & see how many times you make an accurate throw without lifting & rotating your throwing leg. I bet it's not often. Standing stiff legged in that situation not only decreases accuracy, but can lead to injury from a sliding player.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. But I hope he was being sarcastic.:noidea:

This happens often in baseball. Try turning two while straddling 2nd base with a runner bearing down on you & see how many times you make an accurate throw without lifting & rotating your throwing leg. I bet it's not often. Standing stiff legged in that situation not only decreases accuracy, but can lead to injury from a sliding player.

He stayed behind the base. I'm not sure what more you can ask of him.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He stayed behind the base. I'm not sure what more you can ask of him.

Much of the time, momentum is going to cause you to swing your leg to some degree, as you follow through. Anyways, if runners don't wanna get kicked in the face on a play like that, don't pop up or slide into a player's legs like he did as he is turning two.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Example please.

You shouldn't believe all that you hear. Believe what you see.

How can the basic public give an assessment on Harper's attitude (on or off the field) when we're not around him like multi-media outlets and players are?

Many have said he's very arrogant and not really likable. Not saying that can't change as he matures, though.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much of the time, momentum is going to cause you to swing your leg to some degree, as you follow through. Anyways, if runners don't wanna get kicked in the face on a play like that, don't pop up or slide into a player's legs like he did as he is turning two.

No, I get that. The fielder managed to stay entirely behind the base, though, too. The runner's head is popping up past the base and at that point it's even more clearly his own fault.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see those stories from people who have actually been around him. He was an immature kid in the minors and college. I just want one example since he has come to the Bigs. Find me a beat writer from the Nats or some other NL East team. Find me some video.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I get that. The fielder managed to stay entirely behind the base, though, too. The runner's head is popping up past the base and at that point it's even more clearly his own fault.

Even though I quoted you, I was just making it clear for others that what happened is not the defensive players fault. Shit similar to that happens all the at 2nd base when there is a double play situation. More player get hurt at second base than catchers do when bang-bang- plays happen at home plate.

Anyways, here is a better gif, brought to by the Cuban league.

cuban-baseball-brawl-features-murder-attempt-video-gif-matanzas-player-violently-swings-bat-at-villa-1392770286ng48k.gif

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can the basic public give an assessment on Harper's attitude (on or off the field) when we're not around him like multi-media outlets and players are?

Many have said he's very arrogant and not really likable. Not saying that can't change as he matures, though.

So what you're saying is you believe everything you hear...

Gotcha

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks intentional. I think he was going to get hit a little bit with that slide and the follow through for the 2ndbaseman but it does appear his leg intentionally moved like that

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that couldn't have been more exaggerated. I'm still waiting for someone to show me what he's done at the major league level that could be considered classless. He blew a kiss to a pitcher in the minors like five years ago? Big fucking deal.