• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants get their reliever

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's ok/meh against righties - they hit .280-.290 off him I think... But he's young he's good against lefties... I like it I just thought they'd be looking for a RH.

He was free, hard to hate against a free waiver claim. Also, consider how bad Lopez has been this year.... might be OK to have another guy who is tough against lefties.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was free, hard to hate against a free waiver claim. Also, consider how bad Lopez has been this year.... might be OK to have another guy who is tough against lefties.

He and Lopez have almost identical stats vs lefties, so yes Lopez has been terrible against righties, but as a loogy he's been very good.

It's good to have another arm, it's unusual to have 3 lefties, but if one is going to be your closer makes sense to me.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can not figure out how he made it through the entire AL and most of the NL without getting claimed...

What do they know that Sabes does not?

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can not figure out how he made it through the entire AL and most of the NL without getting claimed...

I guess just that he likes to party a little? Doesn't seem like a great reason.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Loogy, for the most part anyway. Had a horrible year last season, and apparently was a part of a Latin/non-latin divide in the KC clubhouse. Sometimes I think shit just happens, that and he's not exactly what we needed per say, so maybe clubs thought we had enough lefties in the pen.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loogy, for the most part anyway. Had a horrible year last season, and apparently was a part of a Latin/non-latin divide in the KC clubhouse. Sometimes I think shit just happens, that and he's not exactly what we needed per say, so maybe clubs thought we had enough lefties in the pen.

But what about teams that just want to help their own pens? He is young-ish (27) and still under team control for 2 more seasons.

You would think SOMEONE would want him, even if the team is not doing anything this year.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But what about teams that just want to help their own pens? He is young-ish (27) and still under team control for 2 more seasons.

You would think SOMEONE would want him, even if the team is not doing anything this year.

Maybe Sabean decided he needed Jedi powers after the Wheeler deal and traded his soul to the devil for them?

His deal since then have been obvious wins

Melky, Pagan, Kontos, Pence for way less than we all thought, and now this guy for free? Seems a little too suspicious... Darth Sabeotage?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Sabean decided he needed Jedi powers after the Wheeler deal and traded his soul to the devil for them?

His deal since then have been obvious wins

Melky, Pagan, Kontos, Pence for way less than we all thought, and now this guy for free? Seems a little too suspicious... Darth Sabeotage?

Sabean doing the Royals like the Twins have done him. Karma is balanced thanks to the AL Central.