• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Getting Giddy and thinking ahead

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed watching this team over the last couple of weeks. Everyone is playing the system. Everyone is showing up. Both goalies are doing fine...it is a beautiful thing.

And you know what? It is going to get even better.

Not necessarily this season. This season the Flyers are playing the cards they were dealt and Hakstol has done a really good job of adjusting his system to the NHL and getting the players onboard. But, we all know that there are some issues. What is so great is that this team should be adding Provorov next season (at some point) and possibly Sandheim and Konecny. Leier could also be on the Flyers. And lets not forget Morin.

Now this is all speculation. Hexy is a stickler for earning your spot. No one is making the team just because. The kids will have to show up in training camp and wow people. BUT...how would like to see Leier and Konecny replacing Umberger and Gagner? How about Provorov replacing..well, just about anyone?

Because MDZ, Streit and Schultz are only signed through next season and Gudas is an RFA after this season, it is not too far fetched to expect some turnover on the blue line by the end of next season. Gagner is a UFA and no one expects the Flyers to resign him. Umberger is a serious buyout target. That is two openings at Forward.

No matter how you look at it, things are looking up. This level of compete. This detailed play. This is what has been missing from the Flyers for...well, years. And with the talent in the pipeline. This is just going to be fun.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potential playoffs alone is giving me butterflies in the stomach. It's been four years since the Flyers have made me this excited. This is without Voracek, too.

We have seen the impact of one top prospect coming in on defense, just imagine what we might have with everyone else

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep we are looking pretty good right now and into the future. Hextall has done a pretty darn good job.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team right now is giving all their heart and soul on a consistent basis and that consistency is what we have been lacking for years.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team right now is giving all their heart and soul on a consistent basis and that consistency is what we have been lacking for years.

We can thank Hextall and Hakstol for this, in my opinion. Hakstol should be a Jack Adams Award candidate if we get into the top three of our division.