• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Get a shutout and sit on the bench - Avalanche @ Canucks GNT

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said and Im putting the crap in bold

one - it all indicated from you that he was a passenger and did not contribute due to the well built and deep teams
two - you were the first to take a pot shot with "if it makes you sleep better at night"

three - you told me to fuck off and quite frankly wow.

Luowngoal means he is a passenger? "If it makes you sleep better at night" is what set you off? Should I have blown off the handle when you called Luongo a better underachiever then Jumbo? WTF? I still don't think Luongo is the leader of the Canucks and why they were able to reach the SC Finals....he was a part of it. I don't think Luongo, Thornton and Marleau were the reason that Canada won the 2010 Gold Medal either.

Yes, I did AFTER you told me to watch more hockey, understand what it is I'm watching and that my view of Luongo was "pathetic".

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bad ... i thought classless was the standard insult you would throw at others because you threw it at me last seaso ... hey ... wait a second!!!lol

That's because I was drunk and misunderstood what you were saying about the Bryan Stow thing. lol, I apologized to you for that.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it's like somebody threw liquid heat in everybody's jock this morning :lol:

its spring ... maybe its the genetic urge to find a mate that is causing all this disruption lol

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on filo, matty, you guys are great posters, can we agree to disagree on the Luongo subject and move on?

All good, I'll stop. My bad Dash.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luowngoal is a shot at you? "If it makes you sleep better at night" is what set you off? Should I have blown off the handle when you called Luongo a better underachiever then Jumbo? WTF? I still don't think Luongo is the leader of the Canucks and why they were able to reach the SC Finals. I don't think Luongo, Thornton and Marleau were the reason that Canada won the 2010 Gold Medal either.

Yes, I did AFTER you told me to watch more hockey, understand what it is I'm watching and that my view of Luongo was "pathetic".

no but those statements make it sound like he's nothing. fucking guy is a great goalie. joe is a great player. they have had nothing but trouble in the playoffs in both their careers. I guess almost EVERY player in the history of the NHL has that problem until they win it all. I dont think he is THE leader but I think he is a leader and has to be A leader on that team to succeed. and yes Luongo is a better underachiever than Joe. and if you can't see why "if it makes you sleep better at night" as a slap then well Im over sensitive. I have my doubts on Luongo and my faith in him as well. I have seen some tremendous play from in in regular season and playoffs. and he was VERY impactful in the Olympic run.
Ask Slovakia and RIP - Pavol Demitra. Luongo made MASSIVE saves at key times during that run. no matter what team you have in front of you you still have to stop the puck. Luongo did that in SPADES in 2010 for a gold medal. He deserves every bit of recognition for that. no matter the team in front.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if theres anything i learned from this thread its that ...

lets not devolve and do things like start calling each other homo or faggot or cleverly change someone elses screenname to include expletives involving horse fucking or gay fathers and put that persons screenname into their signature

thats fucking kid stuff ... seriously ... it is ... where is that internet tough guy meme when you need it?

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing as well that ALL fans need to really look deep into and realize

there are so many players that just get written off as junk or underachievers so early. and look what they finally accomplished. Tim Thomas was ready to be burnt at the stake and shipped off the year before he won the cup with an amazing Finals. Hell that team was almost given up on in the first couple rounds due to no PP but they won. Steve Yzerman in Detroit with all those years of failure and look at him now.

its starting to drive me nuts.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyways Im all pissed off now at everyone. but I apologize to filo for questioning hockey knowledge. Im taking a timeout today

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
its starting to drive me nuts.

ARRRRRRRRRRR

%27Drivin%27_Me_Nuts%27_Pirate.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it Monday?

Paterson just tweeted the canucks ended 08-09 season with back to back 1-0 wins over LA and the avs

for the record

my post #41 was a direct response to naslundfan (maybe i should have quoted him but i was sitting on my couch using my decrepid blackberry)

who asked ... "is it monday?"

it was a good observation .. the canucks were playing the EXACT SAME sit back boring game they played monday against the kings which ended in a 1 - 0 shutout

which leads to Jeff Patersons tweet that the canucks pulled the same double 1 - 0 shoutout againstthe same 2 teams (kings then avs) in a row, to end the 2008-2009 season

/clear as mud?