• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Georgia Southern

hatcher3333

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to Ga Southern 88-92. Always been a fan. I was totally surprised at the air attack. GSU doesn't get any coverage up in the ATL metro. So i was not aware of the changes. But i think 400plus yards in the air is more than the last 10 seasons combined. LOL
Love what Helton is doing there. If his success keeps up, how long till he is snatched away from a bigger program?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to Ga Southern 88-92. Always been a fan. I was totally surprised at the air attack. GSU doesn't get any coverage up in the ATL metro. So i was not aware of the changes. But i think 400plus yards in the air is more than the last 10 seasons combined. LOL
Love what Helton is doing there. If his success keeps up, how long till he is snatched away from a bigger program?

I'll be a little surprised if he is. He was given all of the time and resources he should have needed to establish that he has what it takes to coach at that level at USC and couldn't. He was even unnecessarily given an extension that he really hadn't earned and didn't ask for.

I'm not looking to hate on the guy either. I really like Helton, he's a genuinely good guy. Everyone liked him, it's part of why he got a long leash. It was also nice to be able to turn on ESPN or sportstalk radio without having to worry about hearing a report about some stupid thing the USC coach did or said. lol

I just think that folks saw enough at USC that he's not likely to be in demand any time soon.

Last edited:

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People actually graduate from southern? Most I knew that went there ended up at Dekalb with cirrhosis

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Veasy Hall my freshman year. GATA

Oxford Hall my freshman year. Long haul to Landrum. That first year is was still pretty much a teaching college. 5,500 students and pretty much nothing going on during the weekend. Those years I was there though were great Bald Eagle and Hambone heydays.

GATA!

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next thing you know, Texas Tech will be running a Wishbone offense