• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Georgia is filled with talent in 2012...

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Foster, here's a another good defensive player that is interested in Bama, and it seems like we'd be the favorite if we offered.

In the first practice for Rising Seniors, an all-star game that features Georgia's top junior high school football players, no player stood out on the West team's roster more than Troup County linebacker Reuben Foster -- a simple byproduct of being a five-star recruit.

However, not far behind Foster on a cold and windy afternoon was Dooly County (Vienna, Ga.) defensive lineman Montravius Adams. Entering the Rising Seniors week, Adams only claimed one offer (Clemson). You can be sure that will change quickly as word spreads about the 6-foot-4, 285-pounder's performance.

Adams went up against two solid Division I-level offensive linemen (Brandon Kublanow and Jeremi Hall) and routinely beat them in one-on-one drills. With a quick first step and good footwork, Adams was quick to get into the backfield and slap the tackling dummy representing the opposing quarterback.

Just because Adams doesn't hold an Alabama offer doesn't mean one isn't forthcoming. Alabama had Adams in for its summer camp earlier this year and Crimson Tide assistant Kirby Smart has already developed a good relationship with Adams.

"I hear from Alabama a lot," Adams said. "I like them. I know if I go there I'm going to have a good chance of getting a ring. They like me at tackle, but on passing downs, on third down, I'd slide down to end and get after the quarterback."

With a Clemson offer, he's also frequently hearing from Alabama, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Nebraska, Tennessee and Texas A&M.

He came of age cheering for a team out West.

"The school I grew up rooting for…I ain't the same person I used to be. I used to be a running back, and I liked USC and Reggie Bush," Adams said. "But right now I could see myself playing for Clemson, Alabama and LSU."

He concluded a stellar junior season with 84 tackles, including 45 tackles for loss and 10 sacks.

Did you say 45 tackles for loss?

"That's what everybody asks me when I tell them I had that many. What can I say?"

The strength of Adams' game is in his quickness, but he wants to add more power to become a complete defensive lineman.

"I only lift 315. I've been talking to guys here who lift 350-360. That makes me want to get into the weight room," he said. "I went to a camp. As a matter of fact it was Alabama's camp. The Alabama defensive line coach (Chris Rumph) told me that the worst thing for an offensive lineman is a defensive lineman with good footwork. That comes natural for me, but I still spend a lot of time working on it."

Adams was a visitor for Alabama's game against LSU this year. He can't wait for the rematch.

"It was the best game of the year. I'll be watching the rematch. I think…I know they're going to win this one. I know it. They lost to them one time. I know they ain't going to lose to them again. They should have won last time."

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia has had that kind of talent for several years now. Outside of Florida, Texas and Cali, Georgia has put more players in D1 football than anyone in the past several years. BAMA recruits Georgia harder than they do Alabama.