• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

George Laraque Calls Out GSP

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this was posted already?

Brains over brawn. Georges St. Pierre, one of the most cerebral fighters in all of mixed martial arts, has turned himself into one of, if not the most complete fighters in the world. A striker, coming from a karate background when he first entered the UFC, GSP honed his wrestling skills to the point where he may be the best MMA grappler in the world. So why would NHL veteran Georges Laraque call him out on the wrestling mat? We have no clue but now he knows it was a mistake.

LaRaque, who is listed at 6-foot-3, 253 pounds said weighs around 275 pounds. He had a weight advantage of 60-75 pounds but his power couldn't overcome GSP's technique and stamina.

"That's much harder than an NHL game or a hockey fight," Laraque told "Off the Record's" Michael Landsberg following the tilt. "It's unbelievable, I couldn't imagine fighting someone my own size."

Laraque said he felt like the weaker man.

"For his size, he's stronger than me."

St. Pierre scored at least six takedowns over three rounds while Laraque never threatened. The former Oiler, Penguin, Coyote and Canadian was also breathing heavily in the match.

GSP smashes 270-pound NHL vet on the wrestling mat - Cagewriter - UFC - Yahoo! Sports

[YOUTUBE]gidyqnBSkXI&feature=player_embedded#![/YOUTUBE]

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the article made it sound more exiting than it was. i watched 3 rounds.

also, laraque said it was tougher than hockey. how does he know what it is like?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
GSP is a machine.

I'd rather see Laraque box someone though.
alternatively, can GSP skate?

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laraque seems like such a good dude. Sometimes it's hard to believe he punches people in the face for a living.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the article made it sound more exiting than it was. i watched 3 rounds.

also, laraque said it was tougher than hockey. how does he know what it is like?

Please, Laraque has watched way more hockey than you or I, and usually from a lot closer (penalty box, bench, press box).

I think he'd know. :D