• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT We Have a Problem @ Champs

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SS Cabrera
2B Keppinger
RF Beltran
3B Sandoval
1B Huff
CF Ross
LF Belt
C Whiteside
P Vogelsong

Whitey back; Chez3 sent to SJ. No significant ABs by either side vs the SPs; Sosa pitching on short rest.

6-1 Good guys. Ross with a bomb.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the reasoning for Sosa pitching on short rest?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow! Yankees hit three grand slams against the A's today. First time in baseball history to have three GS in one game.

It's 22 to 8, and the A's had a 7 to 1 lead at one point.

Last edited by a moderator:

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the reasoning for Sosa pitching on short rest?

This is an experiment paid for by the SF Giant front office. Tomorrow Sosa pitches on no rest. They want to see what the effect is of a pitcher's rest period versus the vaulted 2011 SF Giant offense or is the word halted? Maybe stunted? Whatever, it's an experiment.

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What do you say gents...do the Giants put together a couple of wins? Arizona is...not surprisingly...beating Washington 3-1...

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you say gents...do the Giants put together a couple of wins? Arizona is...not surprisingly...beating Washington 3-1...

With 32 games left the time is now. We're not going to have too many more - there's always tomorrow. They have to STOP losing the first game of every damn series. We can start with tonight!

OzzieGiant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With 32 games left the time is now. We're not going to have too many more - there's always tomorrow. They have to STOP losing the first game of every damn series. We can start with tonight!

I don't know what it is but right now I am feeling pretty good about this race. The teams form may not warrant it, but deep down I expect we will pass the Snakes and go to the playoffs and right now I like us V anyone in a short series.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Looking at AGon's numbers playing in that crackerbox in Boston (no racial slurs intended), were the Giants ever considering trying to sign him? It would have cost a ton of $$$ for sure, average $22 million per. But once we subtract Rowand and Zito and Huff, that looks damn affordable. Especially considering he is fairly young, great power, great average, a gold glove 1st baseman. I wouldn't expect AT&T to downgrade his power numbers, as he hit 40+ homers at the Litterbox. Anyway, was he even considered, or was it a foregone conclusion he was going to Boston? And would he have signed here?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what it is but right now I am feeling pretty good about this race. The teams form may not warrant it, but deep down I expect we will pass the Snakes and go to the playoffs and right now I like us V anyone in a short series.

I like the optimism, and mostly agree. However, I'd like to take the lead sometime before the white flag goes up. But that's what worked last year, so why not? More torture.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's do something new tonight - let's score 4 runs in the very first inning - it would make the rest of my night so pleasant -

OzzieGiant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I like the optimism, and mostly agree. However, I'd like to take the lead sometime before the white flag goes up. But that's what worked last year, so why not? More torture.

I am not usually a rose coloured kind of guy and last week after the Astros serious I was pretty glum - but I like what I see in Belt, I am certain Beltran will perform to his average, Huff is improving and looks like he will get to his career numbers and I think our defence improves dramatically in September when we can bring Crawford on in the late innings - with our pitching that should be enough.

Like I said not sure why but I expect us to take this. It might all change by the weekend though!!!!!!!

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Looking at AGon's numbers playing in that crackerbox in Boston (no racial slurs intended), were the Giants ever considering trying to sign him? It would have cost a ton of $$$ for sure, average $22 million per. But once we subtract Rowand and Zito and Huff, that looks damn affordable. Especially considering he is fairly young, great power, great average, a gold glove 1st baseman. I wouldn't expect AT&T to downgrade his power numbers, as he hit 40+ homers at the Litterbox. Anyway, was he even considered, or was it a foregone conclusion he was going to Boston? And would he have signed here?

White_people_snuggies.gif

Last edited by a moderator: