• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Giants at Dodgers - 4/2/13 7:10 - Game 2

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No word yet on lineup against Ryu. What I'd guess is:

Pagan - 8
Scutaro - 4
Sandoval - 5
Posey - 2
Pence - 9
Belt - 3
Blanco - 7 (just a gut feel)
Crawford - 6
Bumgarner - 1

Teh Bum vs. Streetfighter. Let's avenge yesterday boys, beat the doggies.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No word yet on lineup against Ryu. What I'd guess is:

Pagan - 8
Scutaro - 4
Sandoval - 5
Posey - 2
Pence - 9
Belt - 3
Blanco - 7 (just a gut feel)
Crawford - 6
Bumgarner - 1

Teh Bum vs. Streetfighter. Let's avenge yesterday boys, beat the doggies.

Pagan CF
Scutaro 2B
Sandoval 3B
Posey C
Pence RF
Arias 1B
Torres LF
Crawford SS
Bumgarner LHP

Belt ill...duck the fodgers...4-0 good guys

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pagan CF
Scutaro 2B
Sandoval 3B
Posey C
Pence RF
Arias 1B
Torres LF
Crawford SS
Bumgarner LHP

Belt ill...duck the fodgers...4-0 good guys

Thanks tz, interesting. Sanchez must still be a little ways away. You'd think he'd catch and have Buster at First. I wonder why Sandoval doesn't play 1st and Arias at 3B given Sandoval's elbow and Arias' range? :confused2:

Obviously I trust Bochy, I just am thinking out loud here.

5-2 Good guys.

EDIT: Oh, and lol EV, Blanco = Blanka? Panda kinda looks like Blanka.....Pence as Guile???

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks tz, interesting. Sanchez must still be a little ways away. You'd think he'd catch and have Buster at First. I wonder why Sandoval doesn't play 1st and Arias at 3B given Sandoval's elbow and Arias' range? :confused2:

Obviously I trust Bochy, I just am thinking out loud here.

5-2 Good guys.

EDIT: Oh, and lol EV, Blanco = Blanka? Panda kinda looks like Blanka.....Pence as Guile???

Craw = Ken?

I was thinking the same thing re: Panda/Arias, but I think Boch tries to keep things as stable as possible. This is not a video game, where you just place guys defensively based on some rating. This is real life where flow and momentum play a very large roll.

As far as Chez not getting behind the dish, I think they stated pretty clear that he is not ready to play yet. They just did not want to shelf him for 2 weeks for something that they only expect him to be down a few days from. Further, I think Quiroz is basically an emergency option only. That means 2 dead roster spots on the opening day lineup. Ouch.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craw = Ken?

I was thinking the same thing re: Panda/Arias, but I think Boch tries to keep things as stable as possible. This is not a video game, where you just place guys defensively based on some rating. This is real life where flow and momentum play a very large roll.

As far as Chez not getting behind the dish, I think they stated pretty clear that he is not ready to play yet. They just did not want to shelf him for 2 weeks for something that they only expect him to be down a few days from. Further, I think Quiroz is basically an emergency option only. That means 2 dead roster spots on the opening day lineup. Ouch.

lol, yup. So a big night from Ken tonight?

True, but Pablo has played quite a few games at first and Arias has played many games at 3B.....can't think chemistry would be a heavy worry here right? As for Quiroz, I agree, I didn't hear that Sanchez was still a little ways away.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, yup. So a big night from Ken tonight?

True, but Pablo has played quite a few games at first and Arias has played many games at 3B.....can't think chemistry would be a heavy worry here right? As for Quiroz, I agree, I didn't hear that Sanchez was still a little ways away.

On the surface, I agree.

But I have seen this sort of manuevering a lot, and I think it comes down to the fact that Padbo is a starter. Arias is not. Panda gets to play where he wants. He wants 3B. Panda plays 3B.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the surface, I agree.

But I have seen this sort of manuevering a lot, and I think it comes down to the fact that Padbo is a starter. Arias is not. Panda gets to play where he wants. He wants 3B. Panda plays 3B.

That's gotta be it (or Boch just said I'm the manager and that's the way it is, so F it, lol). Panda must want to play Third. I can't imagine Boch would cite infield chemistry as a reason.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oxy!

I'll take all the cheap hits the baseball gods want to give us tonight.