• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 8): 49ERS vs. JAGUARS

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no let downs against the Jags. Win this game and go into the bye 6-2 plus hopefully get back Tank, Manningham & hopefully Aldon :hope:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we help Jags get Bridgewater

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no let downs against the Jags. Win this game and go into the bye 6-2 plus hopefully get back Tank, Manningham & hopefully Aldon :hope:

I've watched enough Intervention and have enough personal experience with people who've gone to rehab to know Aldon is probably doing a 45 or 90 day stint in rehab. Rehab is serious business and Aldon's gonna have to work on changing his life and how he deals with stress in order to not relapse. 30 days barely covers the body's physical dependency on alcohol, let alone his psychological dependencies.

I'd love to see Aldon come back this season, but even when he gets out of rehab he is going to need a couple weeks before he is game day ready.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
While KC is like the 2011 Niners, Jags are a lot like the 2007 Niners......Gabbert has seemed to me to be an Alex Smith clone since he was drafted, not just in looking similar, but hopeless if trying to operate a terrible offense and gameplan. Now he's hurt and they've got their Dilfer in there with Chad Henne.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched enough Intervention and have enough personal experience with people who've gone to rehab to know Aldon is probably doing a 45 or 90 day stint in rehab. Rehab is serious business and Aldon's gonna have to work on changing his life and how he deals with stress in order to not relapse. 30 days barely covers the body's physical dependency on alcohol, let alone his psychological dependencies.

I'd love to see Aldon come back this season, but even when he gets out of rehab he is going to need a couple weeks before he is game day ready.

We agree on both bolded parts. What I meant by Aldon being back was being back on the team not playing. If he comes back on 10/28 that would be 48 days in rehab. We are also on bye that week so he practices that week miss the Carolina game and is officially back @ the Saints

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That was a great post, I agree with everything except for the bold part. The man is a professional athlete. He did not miss a season or two like Plaxico or Vick had experienced during their personal crisis. Missing 4-5 games in addition to practices is not enough to cause his play to be affected in any way imaginable. Those guys are built like machines (physically), so it's going to take more than just 6 weeks for his game/condition before it starts to show in his play.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great post, I agree with everything except for the bold part. The man is a professional athlete. He did not miss a season or two like Plaxico or Vick had experienced during their personal crisis. Missing 4-5 games in addition to practices is not enough to cause his play to be affected in any way imaginable. Those guys are built like machines (physically), so it's going to take more than just 6 weeks for his game/condition before it starts to show in his play.

How much is he working out, running, lifting weights, etc. in rehab?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How much is he working out, running, lifting weights, etc. in rehab?

First of all we as fans do not have access to that information. Most importantly It doesn't matter. Even if he has not done one single push up or crunches, the guy is a professional athlete. The human body does not operate in that matter, not even for you and I. He is an NFL athlete, he's not going to go from Aldon Smith playing level to Aaron Maybin playing level in 2 months time. Not gonna happen!!! And you are assuming that he cannot lift weights and used a treadmill while in rehab?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all we as fans do not have access to that information. Most importantly It doesn't matter. Even if he has not done one single push up or crunches, the guy is a professional athlete. The human body does not operate in that matter, not even for you and I. He is an NFL athlete, he's not going to go from Aldon Smith playing level to Aaron Maybin playing level in 2 months time. Not gonna happen!!! And you are assuming that he cannot lift weights and used a treadmill while in rehab?

Nope. But I have no idea how much of it he's doing. I don't think it's a stretch to think that if he might not be doing an NFL caliber workout then it might take him some time to get back into game shape. I have my doubts about him picking right back up where he left off.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I posted that last sentence in the context that once he leaves rehab, Aldon will need to adjust to not having the same healthy ritual of everyday group talks and/or 1 on 1 counseling that is the foundation of the way rehab teaches people how to cope mentally with not using substances as a crutch. IMO it'll take him a few days to learn to cope with.... learning how to cope, if that makes any sense. That being said, I don't imagine Aldon is doing a lot of NFL level exercising or practicing explosiveness while in rehab (keeping that quick twitch muscle memory), but I have no proof of that. My idea of him taking an extra week to prepare physically for game day comes from the very un-scientific idea that if Aldon actually spends a full 90 days in rehab, 3 months is in the same ball park time wise as going from the Super Bowl to OTAs.

Now, I don't expect Aldon to have to do 90 days for alcohol per se, but we as fans have no idea how the rehab center is handling trying to help Aldon. Luckily, Aldon is almost certainly eating healthy meals every day, and exercise is almost definitely a part of his rehab (part of channeling negative energy or emotions into a positive release), but only time will tell. Whenever Aldon returns to the team I'm sure he will play lights out, but I just pray he doesn't turn into a Lawrence Taylor kind of person.

Oh, and the only reason I keep coming back to guessing he'll spend 90 days in rehab is because this last DUI was his 2nd, right? A first offense gets 3 months of mandatory counseling with another month of community service(if not jail), while a second offense gets an 18 month program with 52 group counseling sessions on top of 9 months (though this can be turned into community service, too) in jail and a bunch of other things tacked on top. I can't see Aldon leaving after 30 days unless it is against the wishes of the rehab center, so he might get 45.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops, Just saw in the actual Aldon thread that he;s surrendering to the DA soon, so no 90 rehab stit for him, I guess. My bad for trying to hijack the game week thread.

So, How bout that Gabbert?

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose this game is it ok if I cry?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nnamdi Asomugha - DB - 49ers

49ers CB Nnamdi Asomugha has been a healthy scratch in three straight weeks.

Asomugha has lost No. 3 corner duties to Tramaine Brock and he's also playing behind undrafted rookie Darryl Morris. It's obvious that his struggles in Philly were not due to the Wide 9 scheme. Asomugha has been one of the league's worst corners ever since he left Oakland following the 2010 season.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Oct 21 - 11:18 AM

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had hopes for Aso... but at least he's someone that can come in if theres an injury...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I had hopes for Aso... but at least he's someone that can come in if theres an injury...

Honestly, I didn't think he was playing all that bad for us. He always seem to have tight coverage on receivers, it's just that the receiver had made spectacular grabs against his tight coverage. Jordy Nelson's grab for instance, along with another great cath that I remembered a Seattle receiver had made against him.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I didn't think he was playing all that bad for us. He always seem to have tight coverage on receivers, it's just that the receiver had made spectacular grabs against his tight coverage. Jordy Nelson's grab for instance, along with another great cath that I remembered a Seattle receiver had made against him.

I didn't think he played bad either not great either though and Brock has provided a spark these last few games so I'm fine with Brock #3. Bigger concern for ASO is if he will get cut when we activate Wright.